• Biography: An assassin for Emperor Palpatine, Mara's life changes when she meets - and eventually marries - Luke Skywalker.
• Sculpt/Articulation: Mara Jade is an all-new figure and features 14 points of articulation: ball hinged shoulders, torso, elbows, knees, ankles, swivel hips and wrists and a ball-socket head.
• Accessories (5): LIghtsaber, lightsaber hilt, blaster pistol, removable holster, belt (non-removable)
• Packaging:New for 2013, Hasbro retired the fan-favorite "Vintage Collection" design and went for a controversial, minimalist approach labeled simply as "The Black Series". The packaging employs a simple 3 color design; black/gray, orange and white to put the focus squarely on the enclosed figure. This works well for figures with high contrast to the packaging, but for dark figures such as Vader, it can come across as if you are staring into a void. Character artwork is limited to a single spot color vector illustration head shot for the front while the back features a low contrast, almost ghostly image from the film specific to each character. Everything is printed in a matte finish except for the Star Wars logos (front and back) which have a separate glossy/varnish applied over them. It is completely unnecessary but it does aid in conveying a more "upscale" look. The day-glow orange accent color is strictly reserved for the character name and stripe that run on the back and front of each card.
• Other Notes: The front and back of the card refer to this figure as "Mara Jade" but the label above the UPC lists this as "Mara Jade Skywalker".
Mara Jade was revealed as the winner of the Star Wars Insider/Hasbro 2011 Fans' Choice poll at Toy Fair 2012. Voting ran from Oct 21, 2011 to December 1, 2011.
Hasbro’s solicitation (packaged/loose) images for Mara Jade depicted her with a softer facial deco as well as the inclusion of a red bladed lightsaber rather than the purple blade that was released in final production.