• Biography: Entertainment Earth Exclusive! These figures will make your diodes tingle! The droids you are looking for are here. Celebrating the entire Star Wars saga and the 10th anniversary of our super-popular, sold-out, 2006 exclusive astromech droid sets, this amazing new Star Wars action figure gift set will knock your socks off! The sextet of astromech droids comes to you in a specially designed R2-D2-shaped box featuring these six 3 3/4-inch scale action figures. Each droid sports multiple points of articulation, similar to the collector-favorite figures of The Vintage Collection. Dating back as early as the 1977 version of the original Star Wars movie, and all the way to the recent The Clone Wars animated series, this set has robots with personality you won't want to live without. Each figure includes rolling wheels on their feet, plus jointed domes, ankles, shoulders, and maybe even a few other surprises. (Copy provided by Entertainment Earth)
• Sculpt/Ariculation: All 6 astromech droids in this set are repaints of the Vintage Collection VC25 R2-D2. Each droid features a 360º rotating dome with port (for drink dispensor accessory) and single periscope port*, 2 swivel shoulders/legs with 2 pivoting ankles and 4 rolling wheels (2 per outer leg/foot); drop-down center leg with pivoting ankle, hinged door and concealed utility arm.
*Periscope port is only accesible when the droid's head is turned facing front.
• Accessories/Parts (24): 14 drink cups, 2 drink dispenser attachments, 2 beverage trays, 6 periscope
• Packaging: This set features special packaging, designed in the shape of an astromech droid. Despite this set featuring Vintage/Black Series style, super articulated droids, there is no mention of this belonging to any particular collection of products.
• Other Notes: This set was revealed on July 20, 2016 and is sold exclusively through Entertainment Earth and ships starting November 2016.
- R2-C2 features "Ziro" written in Aurebesh on the front of its right leg and back of its left.
- For this advanced sample, the domes for all six droids have part numbers pressed into the back of them. The final production figures did not have those numbers present (shown above).
This review copy was provided to us by our sponsor, Entertainment Earth.