• Biography: Anakin defeats battle droids with a whirling lightsaber attack. Using the Force, Skywalker launches into combat with lightning-swift maneuvers. The droids are no match for this powerful Jedi and soon fall under the spinning strikes from Anakin's blade.
• Sculpt/Articulation: The standard Anakin Skywalker (Jedi) once again gets a complete overhaul for 2012. This all-new sculpt (with more screen-accurate likeness) features 12 points of articulation including ball-jointed/insert-molded shoulders, elbows, knees and neck; swivel hips, walst and forearms and incorporates soft goods into the design.
• Accessories (3): Lightsaber, launcher and "spinning" lightsaber projectile
• Packaging: The packaging gets a revamp for 2012 to commemorate the release of Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3-D. All non-Vintage Collection (TVC) packaging runs under this new, unified "Darth Maul" design. The character insert is of a new design where the character's image is printed on a separate transparent sheet. The bubble insert itself is a bold new design as well, with a large "CW" numbering graphic on the side making for easy identification when searching through the pegs. And finally, since this is line refresh, the numbering sequence has reset back to CW1.
• Game Pieces (4): Galactic Battle Game card, game instructions, figure stand* and six-sided die.
For 2012 the game cards are redesigned to have a larger character portrait on one side while the reverse has the game stats. Also the figure stand have been remolded in a tan plastic and the die is now black and gold.
*There are different figure stands (randomly packed) available for the figures containing the Galactic Battle Game pieces. The difference in the stands is the location of the notches that reveal the "power boost" values when the supplied card is inserted into the stand's slot.
• Other Notes: This is one of 19 new basic figures planned for 2012.