• Biography: Chewbacca is captured by Trandoshan hunters, who kidnap victims and hunt them as part of a deadly game. The Wookiee comes across a group of Padawans who have been kidnapped, including Ahsoka, Anakin's Padawan. Chewbacca joins them to find a way to escape from the planet. His immense strength and his technological skills give the group much-needed support.
• Sculpt/Articulation (12): Chewbacca is essentially a repack/repaint* of the 2011 (CW63) figure. 12 points of articulation with insert-molded/ball-hinged shoulders, elbows, knees; swivel wrists and hips; ball-socket torso and neck.
*The 2012 version has a more accurate deco that is closer to the actual character model in The Clone Wars. There is also a slight revision to the "hair skirt" part that is slit up each side (shown above) that allows for a wider range of articulation in the legs. Also, the joints for the elbow and knees are cast in a lighter shade of plastic to better blend into the adjoining arm/leg components.
• Accessories (5): Removable bandolier, bowcaster (non-firing), bowcaster (firing), projectile** and Trandoshan shotgun
** The projectile on the back of the card is shown cast in red plastic while the one included with the actual figure is green. This packaging "error" was present on the 2011 release as well.
• Packaging: The packaging gets a revamp for 2012 to commemorate the release of Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3-D. All non-Vintage Collection (TVC) packaging runs under this new, unified "Darth Maul" design. The character insert is of a new design where the character's image is printed on a separate transparent sheet. The bubble insert itself is a bold new design as well, with a large "CW" numbering graphic on the side making for easy identification when searching through the pegs. And finally, since this is line refresh, the numbering sequence has reset back to CW1.
• Game Pieces (4): Galactic Battle Game card, game instructions, figure stand* and six-sided die.
For 2012 the game cards are redesigned to have a larger character portrait on one side while the reverse has the game stats. Also the figure stand have been remolded in a tan plastic and the die is now black and gold.
*There are different figure stands (randomly packed) available for the figures containing the Galactic Battle Game pieces. The difference in the stands is the location of the notches that reveal the "power boost" values when the supplied card is inserted into the stand's slot.
• Other Notes: Chewbacca made his first Clone Wars series appearance in season three's episode "Wookiee Hunt".