• Biography: Super Battle Droids are used for farget practice in clone trooper training. Battle simulations are as real as possible to train clone cadets for the rigors of combat. Captured and reprogrammed, the super battle droids have targets placed on areas where blaster fire with result in the most destruction.
• Sculpt/Articulation: The Training Super Battle Droid is repaint of the 2008 No. 12 figure and features 7 points of articulation: insert-molded/ball-hinged shoulders, elbows, torso and swivel hips.
• Accessories (2): Removable arm-mounted missile launcher, missile/projectile
• Packaging: The packaging gets a revamp for 2012 to commemorate the release of Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3-D. All non-Vintage Collection (TVC) packaging runs under this new, unified "Darth Maul" design. The character insert is of a new design where the character's image is printed on a separate transparent sheet. The bubble insert itself is a bold new design as well, with a large "CW" numbering graphic on the side making for easy identification when searching through the pegs. And finally, since this is line refresh, the numbering sequence has reset back to CW1.
• Game Pieces (4): Galactic Battle Game card, game instructions, figure stand* and six-sided die.
For 2012 the game cards are redesigned to have a larger character portrait on one side while the reverse has the game stats. Also the figure stand have been remolded in a tan plastic and the die is now black and gold.
*There are different figure stands (randomly packed) available for the figures containing the Galactic Battle Game pieces. The difference in the stands is the location of the notches that reveal the "power boost" values when the supplied card is inserted into the stand's slot.
• Other Notes: The Training Super Battle Droid is based on its appearance in the Clone Wars Season 3 premiere episode: "Clone Cadets".