• Biography: Obi-Wan is shocked to discover that Darth Maul is alive.
• Sculpt/Articulation: Obi-Wan is a repaint/kitbash* of the 2012 Obi-Wan Kenobi (CW12) figure. It features 12 points of articulation including ball-jointed/insert-molded shoulders, elbows and knees; swivel hips, waist and wrirsts and a ball-socket neck. *See "Other Notes" section below.
• Accessories (1): Lightsaber
• Packaging: The packaging gets a revamp for 2013 to commemorate the release of Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones in 3-D. A dynamic illustration of Yoda replaces Darth Maul on most Star Wars licensed items for 2013 and the overall blue and white design is updated to an attractive green and white color scheme. While the overall style of the packaging is the same as 2012, gone are the pack-in Galactic Battle Game components (game card, die, instructions) and the bubble now advertises the Fighter Pods line from Hasbro. Included with each figure there is a unique Fighter Pods Rampage game code to be used online at FighterPods.com.
*Due to the cancelation of Attack of the Clones in 3D, all of the scheduled basic figures in the Yoda line look for 2013 have been canceled in the US but are being released in various markets overseas and in Canada. There are no plans for the 9 figures in this assortment to receive distribution in the United States.
• Other Notes: Obi-Wan receives an articulation upgrade for 2013, now featuring swivel wrists courtesy of new forearms and hands. The deco is also modified with this release with revised applications for the head and belt, a lighter outfit overall (molded in a lighter plastic) and darker boots.
The character model for Obi-Wan was updated during The Clone Wars Season 3 episode: "Heroes on Both Sides" and continued on through Season 5.
There have been two previous figures released (shown above) based on this new model:
- CW40 Obi-Wan Kenobi (2011)
- CW12 Obi-Wan Kenobi (2012)