• Biography: Anakin Skywalker investigates a bombing at the Jedi Temple.*
• Sculpt/Articulation: Anakin is a repaint/kitbash of the 2012 Anakin Skywalker (CW01) figure now with a new head sculpt and left and right forearms/gauntlets. It features 12 points of articulation including ball-jointed/insert-molded shoulders, elbows, knees and neck; swivel hips, walst and forearms and incorporates soft goods into the design.
• Accessories (1): Lightsaber
• Packaging: The packaging gets a revamp for 2013 to commemorate the release of Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones in 3-D. A dynamic illustration of Yoda replaces Darth Maul on most Star Wars licensed items for 2013 and the overall blue and white design is updated to an attractive green and white color scheme. While the overall style of the packaging is the same as 2012, gone are the pack-in Galactic Battle Game components (game card, die, instructions) and the bubble now advertises the Fighter Pods line from Hasbro. Included with each figure there is a unique Fighter Pods Rampage game code to be used online at FighterPods.com.
*Due to the cancelation of Attack of the Clones in 3D, all of the scheduled basic figures in the Yoda line look for 2013 have been canceled in the US but are being released in various markets overseas and in Canada. There are no plans for the 9 figures in this assortment to receive distribution in the United States.
• Other Notes: The character model for Anakin was updated during The Clone Wars Season 3 episode: "Heroes on Both Sides" and continued on through Season 5. The biography on the card back though specifically refers to the final arc of Season 5 starting with episode "Sabotage". The deco for this latest version of Anakin is more in keeping with the color scheme used in the series.
There have been three previous figures released (shown above) based on this new character model from the series:
- CW45 Anakin Skywalker (2011)
- CW01 Anakin Skywalker (2012)
- Attack Recon Fighter with Anakin Skywalker (2012)