• Biography: Captain Rex fights beside Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars.
• Sculpt/Articulation: Captain Rex is a repaint/kitbash of the CW13 2012 Captain Rex and CW2 Clone Trooper (Phase II Armor) figures. It features 10 points of articulation including ball-jointed/insert-molded shoulders, elbows and knees; swivel hips, waist and a ball-socket neck.
• Accessories (4): 2 DC-17 hand blasters, shoulder pauldron, Z-6 rotary blaster cannon*
*The Z-6 rotary blaster cannon is an all-new sculpt, and features an articulated trigger/grip, pivoting handle and rotating barrel.
• Packaging: The packaging gets a revamp for 2013 to commemorate the release of Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones in 3-D. A dynamic illustration of Yoda replaces Darth Maul on most Star Wars licensed items for 2013 and the overall blue and white design is updated to an attractive green and white color scheme. While the overall style of the packaging is the same as 2012, gone are the pack-in Galactic Battle Game components (game card, die, instructions) and the bubble now advertises the Fighter Pods line from Hasbro. Included with each figure there is a unique Fighter Pods Rampage game code to be used online at FighterPods.com.
*Due to the cancelation of Attack of the Clones in 3D, all of the scheduled basic figures in the Yoda line look for 2013 have been canceled in the US but are being released in various markets overseas and in Canada. There are no plans for the 9 figures in this assortment to receive distribution in the United States.
• Other Notes: This version of Rex is much cleaner in terms of weathering compared to the previous version from 2012. Interestingly, the "kill marks" on the armor are different in number than the prior version as well with fewer marks on the legs and helmet and none on the arms.
- Captain Rex also received an articulation upgrade for 2013 with the addition of ball-jointed knees using the legs from the 2012 Phase II Clone Trooper.
- Captain Rex is based on his appearance in the Season 4 episode "Darkness on Umbara"