• Biography: R2-D2 helps the natives of the planet Aleen*.
• Sculpt/Articulation: R2-D2 is a repaint of the 2011 R7-D4 (CW64) Clone Wars figure. R2 is built upon the build-a-droid figure concept and features 10 points of articulation including a rotating/swivel dome, swivel “shoulders”, swivel "ankles", swivel center “foot” along with two opening utility doors each with a unique extending arm.
• Parts/Accessories (5): Dome, Left Leg, Right Leg, Center Foot/Leg, Body
• Packaging: The packaging gets a revamp for 2013 to commemorate the release of Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones in 3-D. A dynamic illustration of Yoda replaces Darth Maul on most Star Wars licensed items for 2013 and the overall blue and white design is updated to an attractive green and white color scheme. While the overall style of the packaging is the same as 2012, gone are the pack-in Galactic Battle Game components (game card, die, instructions) and the bubble now advertises the Fighter Pods line from Hasbro. Included with each figure there is a unique Fighter Pods Rampage game code to be used online at FighterPods.com.
*Due to the cancelation of Attack of the Clones in 3D, all of the scheduled basic figures in the Yoda line look for 2013 have been canceled in the US but are being released in various markets overseas and in Canada. There are no plans for the 9 figures in this assortment to receive distribution in the United States.
• Other Notes: - While this version of R2 is based on its overall appearance in The Clone Wars series, the bio on the card back is specifically referring to the "Mercy Mission" and "Nomad Droids" episodes from Season 4.