- This set is one of three final Evolutions sets in the Legacy line before the concept goes on indefinate hiatus. The other 2 in the series are the Clone Commandos and Imperial Pilots Legacy II.
- John D. Branon (aka John D., aka Red Four) was a member of the Rebel Alliance's Red Squadron during the Battle of Yavin in A New Hope. He participated in the assault on the Death Star, though he was ultimately shot down and killed.
- The John D. figure shares the same body as the Legacy Collection Wedge Antilles that was a pack-in with the Target Exclusive X-wing Starfighter released in September 2009. Parts of this body were first utilized on the Nrin Vakil, the Quarren Rogue Squadron pilot available in the Legacy Comic Pack Series. Also of note is that the shin/boot section of the legs for John D. are swapped from left leg to right leg when compared to the previous figures to add more variety to the X-wing pilots. He includes his distinctive "tiger stripe" red helmet and DL-44 blaster.
- Shira Brie was a dark side adept and member of the Imperial Intelligence, and was ordered by Vader to infiltrate the Rebel Alliance and eliminate or discredit Luke Skywalker in the ranks of the Alliance. After the deaths of Emperor Palpatine and Lord Vader, she would take on the new persona as the Dark Lady of the Sith, Lumiya, and eventually train Vader's grandson, Jacen Solo, whom would also fall to the dark side becoming Darth Caedus. Shira Brie/Lumiya was killed as a result of a duel with Luke Skywalker after the death of his wife, Mara Jade Skywalker
- The Shira Brie figure shares the same body as Dorovio Bold from the Rebel Pilots Legacy I Evolution Set and features a new head sculpt. Parts of this body were also used on the twi'lek, Cesi "Doc" Eirriss, from the Rebel Pilots Legacy II Evolution Set and on Ibitsam, the female Mon Calamari Rogue Squadron Pilot available in the Legacy Comic Pack Collection. Also of note that the shins/boot sections of the legs for Shira Brie are swapped from left to right when compared to the previous figures to add more variety to the X-wing pilots. She includes a rebel pilot helmet, 2 blasters and working holster.
- Note, there are two DL-44 blasters included in this Evolutions set. The blaster with the small barrel is dedicated to Shira Brie to work with her holster.
- As a former X-wing pilot ace, Jake Farrell switched to the new A-wing after their addition to the Alliance's forces shortly before the Battle of Yavin. During the Battle of Endor, Farrell flew with Green Squadron and joined Lando and Wedge in the assault on the new Death Star's main reactor.
- The Jake Farrell figure is a repaint of the Tycho Celchu (A-wing pilot) body from the 30th Anniversary Collection and is molded in a more vibrant green. He features a new head sculpt and includes a redecoed open face helmet from the Arvel Crynyd pack-in figure from the Wal-Mart Exclusive A-wing Fighter. He also includes a blaster pistol in very much the same style as the 1985 "Vintage" Power of the Force A-wing Pilot figure.
- The release of this figure marked the 6th unique, green flight suit A-wing pilot and the 7th figure designated as an "A-wing pilot":
• POTF/Droids A-wing Pilot
• POTF2 A-wing Fighter pack-in figure
• POTF2 Rebel Pilots Cinema Scene as "Arvel Crynyd" (red flight suit)
• SAGA A-wing Fighter pack-in figure (Target Exclusive)
• TAC #44 A-wing Pilot Tycho Celchu
• TLC Green Leader's A-wing Fighter pack-in figure as "Arvel Crynyd" (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
• TLC Evolutions Rebel Pilot Legacy Series III as "Jake Farrell" (Wal-Mart Exclusive)