• Boilerplate: This limited edition figure depicts the first costume ever produced for Boba Fett. The all-white armor reflects the character's initial concept as a "super trooper" before he evolved into the bounty hunter his is today. This prototype design was unveiled on June 28, 1978 in a screen test shot and is being worn by the assistant film editor for The Empire Strikes Back. In the 20-minute screen test, the sound designer describes the myriad weapons and features on this armored uniform for George Lucas and the Star Wars crew. For the first time ever, we have created this special action figure to commemorate the birth of this favorite character from the Star Wars saga.
• Sculpt/Articulation: This kitbashed figure features 15 points of articulation: ball hinged torso, shoulders, elbows, knees and ankles; swivel forearms, hips and rangefinder and a ball-socket head. The Prototype Armor Boba Fett is a repaint of the 2005 VOTC Boba Fett and incorporates the holster from the 2007 30th Anniversary Collection Animation Debut (aka "Holiday Special") Boba Fett (TAC #24).
• Accessories: Mitrinomon Z-6 jetpack (removable), concussion grenade launcher and sidearm blaster pistol
• Other Notes: There are several "errors" with this figure in trying to represent Prototype Armor Boba Fett costume. The actual costume didn't employ a holster to carry the sidearm. The rocket on the jetpack doesn't feature the extended grappling barbs (flukes) as in the test photography. Sadly, the Star Wars beach towel used on the test costume cape isn't reproduced save for a few of the stars printed on one side.
• The figure was released as a mailaway promotion in the US and Canada in 2011-2012 and obtained by sending in 5 qualifying UPC codes from Star Wars basic figures, $6.99 ($8.99CD) and the official Redemption Certificate*. Details for the mailaway promotion can be viewed at Hasbro.com.
• Due to damage in transit issues with the last mailaway promotion, Hasbro added a cardboard insert to reinforce the white mailer box to protect the contents.
*There were 2 different redemption certificates released by Hasbro. The first downloadable form did not specify the qualifying figure assortment(s) UPCs eligible for this promotion. The second downloadable form specified assortments as follows: Vintage (97568), Saga Legends (21115) and The Clone Wars (94736). Finally, Hasbro revised the terms of the promotion again to only accept redemption forms previously downloaded from Hasbro.com by consumers or those packed in marked Vintage Collection figures. A vaild, downloadable form is no longer an option.
• This is the second Boba Fett figure released as an exclusive "mailaway" figure. It joins the Rocket Firing Boba Fett (VCP03) available in 2010.