Image Image Image Image Image

Price Increases: Necessary evil or $$$ grab

Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Jodo
Force Sensitive

Re: Price Increases: Necessary evil or $$$ grab

Postby Jodo » Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 am

And then suddenly $10 5 POA figures are a viable option for the masses. :(
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon May 18, 2015 10:06 am

I can stomach it for all new characters, like Mosep, or complete resculpts like upcoming Han and Leia.

But, Chewbacca with a new head? Or an X-Wing pilot with a new head? That's just asking too much. For $10, I'd probably get the Chewbacca, and perhaps Dutch and Dagoban Vader, but for $13, I think it's ridiculous. At least throw in something like a cool stand or diorama accessory! Or a droid part! Then I'd probably be able to accept it.

Hasbro better get their act together with the EP7 line.

:wink:
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Mon May 18, 2015 10:13 am

3.75" prices are why I've stuck with the 6" line.

If they came with a droid part or a build-a-figure part it would be reasonable BUT.... this is ridiculous .
JediMerc
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby JediMerc » Mon May 18, 2015 10:30 am

I "traveled" over to HTS yesterday when I saw that new figures were posted...boy, what a letdown. Only the most dull character selection---and for 12.99 each?!?!!? I agree with you Justin: absolutely no way Hasbro is getting me to bite on any of these figures, at this pricepoint, that trot out years-old used parts.

I'm interested in---and willing to pay a bit more of a premium for---characters like Carbonite Han, Jawas, Leia as Boushh, Cmdr. Thorn. Unfortunately, these rotten casepacks are still being thrown out for retail/online to 'choke' on.

I'm *praying* that the sheer number of products we expect with the TFA release starts to remedy some of these price issues...if not, my days as a SW collector are likely coming to a close. I've got enough figures to keep me busy customizing for awhile though...
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." -- Brian Fantana (from Anchorman)
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Mon May 18, 2015 10:58 am

I think the odd thing is that I would definitely pay $14 for Mosep, however that's only based on the assumption I'd probably also pay scalper prices of $14 to get it. :lol: I've tricked myself into thinking that's an acceptable price point for certain figures, only because I feel like secondary market prices would already be the same amount.

I think these prices would be a lot easier to swallow if there was some type of pack-in as well, even if it was just a stand. I'd much prefer a small diorama part, or even some type of Indiana Jones-esq. cardboard crate, however I'd really settle for anything that was in scale and useful with the figures...
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
!
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Mon May 18, 2015 12:49 pm

:lol: :lol:

like a crappy plastic stand ?
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Mon May 18, 2015 4:33 pm

What's that sound you hear? That's the sound of nails being driving into a coffin my friends!

I really want Mosep and Rex. If I must, I'll pay the price to get them. Then with the TFA onslaught, it is the PERFECT time to jump outta collecting. Look, if I gotta pay premium prices for a collectible, I'd rather pay even more still, and at least get a better quality product from another manufacturer (Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc). My interest has seriously waned over the last year. Can't find figures anywhere and where you can (ie: ONLINE) you're already paying $14 or more a figure once you factor in shipping. If 3.75" are getting a price hike, guess what? Its not a stretch that the 6" figures will be following closely behind. Unless this is merely a ploy to kill the SA line.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Mon May 18, 2015 5:11 pm

I know some of you guy are parents, but i wonder what non-SW obsessed parents think of seeing $13 figures next to figures at a normal price which are the same size etc.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Mon May 18, 2015 5:11 pm

or to kill the PT/OT 3.75 lineup and ensure only TFA crap is on the shelves.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Mon May 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:I know some of you guy are parents, but i wonder what non-SW obsessed parents think of seeing $13 figures next to figures at a normal price which are the same size etc.

I actually talked to a parent who is a SW fan yesterday at my church, and when I mentioned midnight madness he just looked at me. I told him that's what they call it when they release the figures at midnight in stores, and he said "Oh yeah, we'renot going, and I don't think we will picking any of this new stuff up." Later when I left I told him don't forget to budget for new figures, and he just shook his head. If I had to guess he probably doesn't buy too much SW stuff for himself or his son already, so with a price hike combined with a focus on the sequels, he's probably out entirely.
!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Mon May 18, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm not a parent, but I buy figures for my nephew, and I can tell you that I wont buy SA figures for him anymore. $10 was the cap for what I'd pay for a single action figure that might get broken. I'll stick to buying him Mission Series packs where you get 2 figures for $10.
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Mon May 18, 2015 7:08 pm

darth_sidious wrote:I'm not a parent, but I buy figures for my nephew, and I can tell you that I wont buy SA figures for him anymore. $10 was the cap for what I'd pay for a single action figure that might get broken. I'll stick to buying him Mission Series packs where you get 2 figures for $10.

And that could be the strategy... Price hike = collectors leave or settle for the 5 POA figures. Then when there's no more SA figures being made, they can blame "the market".
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue May 19, 2015 4:37 pm

Maybe it's time to boycott Hasbro before TFA and try to get a message across. Should be easy as it is hard to get the toys.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue May 19, 2015 9:00 pm

StooperZero wrote::lol: :lol:

like a crappy plastic stand ?

The ROTS stands were cool. I'd be happy to see something like those return. Or, God forbid, droid parts, extra weapons, a functional diorama accessory, or an alternate head sculpt/expression, etc.

:wink:
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue May 19, 2015 10:15 pm

My vote would hands down go towards diorama parts, and if we can't have that, then droid parts. However, I also really liked the Saga stands that were able to lock together! The ROTS stands were cool, but they should have been designed to form better scenes.
!

Return to “General Hasbro Discussion”