Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

I can stomach it for all new characters, like Mosep, or complete resculpts like upcoming Han and Leia.

But, Chewbacca with a new head? Or an X-Wing pilot with a new head? That's just asking too much. For $10, I'd probably get the Chewbacca, and perhaps Dutch and Dagoban Vader, but for $13, I think it's ridiculous. At least throw in something like a cool stand or diorama accessory! Or a droid part! Then I'd probably be able to accept it.

Hasbro better get their act together with the EP7 line.

:wink:
I "traveled" over to HTS yesterday when I saw that new figures were posted...boy, what a letdown. Only the most dull character selection---and for 12.99 each?!?!!? I agree with you Justin: absolutely no way Hasbro is getting me to bite on any of these figures, at this pricepoint, that trot out years-old used parts.

I'm interested in---and willing to pay a bit more of a premium for---characters like Carbonite Han, Jawas, Leia as Boushh, Cmdr. Thorn. Unfortunately, these rotten casepacks are still being thrown out for retail/online to 'choke' on.

I'm *praying* that the sheer number of products we expect with the TFA release starts to remedy some of these price issues...if not, my days as a SW collector are likely coming to a close. I've got enough figures to keep me busy customizing for awhile though...
By Jodo
I think the odd thing is that I would definitely pay $14 for Mosep, however that's only based on the assumption I'd probably also pay scalper prices of $14 to get it. :lol: I've tricked myself into thinking that's an acceptable price point for certain figures, only because I feel like secondary market prices would already be the same amount.

I think these prices would be a lot easier to swallow if there was some type of pack-in as well, even if it was just a stand. I'd much prefer a small diorama part, or even some type of Indiana Jones-esq. cardboard crate, however I'd really settle for anything that was in scale and useful with the figures...
What's that sound you hear? That's the sound of nails being driving into a coffin my friends!

I really want Mosep and Rex. If I must, I'll pay the price to get them. Then with the TFA onslaught, it is the PERFECT time to jump outta collecting. Look, if I gotta pay premium prices for a collectible, I'd rather pay even more still, and at least get a better quality product from another manufacturer (Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc). My interest has seriously waned over the last year. Can't find figures anywhere and where you can (ie: ONLINE) you're already paying $14 or more a figure once you factor in shipping. If 3.75" are getting a price hike, guess what? Its not a stretch that the 6" figures will be following closely behind. Unless this is merely a ploy to kill the SA line.
I know some of you guy are parents, but i wonder what non-SW obsessed parents think of seeing $13 figures next to figures at a normal price which are the same size etc.
Paulskywalker wrote:I know some of you guy are parents, but i wonder what non-SW obsessed parents think of seeing $13 figures next to figures at a normal price which are the same size etc.

I actually talked to a parent who is a SW fan yesterday at my church, and when I mentioned midnight madness he just looked at me. I told him that's what they call it when they release the figures at midnight in stores, and he said "Oh yeah, we'renot going, and I don't think we will picking any of this new stuff up." Later when I left I told him don't forget to budget for new figures, and he just shook his head. If I had to guess he probably doesn't buy too much SW stuff for himself or his son already, so with a price hike combined with a focus on the sequels, he's probably out entirely.
darth_sidious wrote:I'm not a parent, but I buy figures for my nephew, and I can tell you that I wont buy SA figures for him anymore. $10 was the cap for what I'd pay for a single action figure that might get broken. I'll stick to buying him Mission Series packs where you get 2 figures for $10.

And that could be the strategy... Price hike = collectors leave or settle for the 5 POA figures. Then when there's no more SA figures being made, they can blame "the market".
Maybe it's time to boycott Hasbro before TFA and try to get a message across. Should be easy as it is hard to get the toys.
By Jodo
My vote would hands down go towards diorama parts, and if we can't have that, then droid parts. However, I also really liked the Saga stands that were able to lock together! The ROTS stands were cool, but they should have been designed to form better scenes.

Wow! The detail work on LL-3PO is fantastic. I re[…]

Man, that Jawa Scout Crawler is a great looking ve[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

More great submissions. mousedroidhoojib That a[…]

Whoa. That's really nice stuff. :wink:

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Picked up my fourth and final Gamorrean Guard this[…]

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Definite Buy: Beckett and Val Probable Buy: L3 a[…]

Community fodder box...

I messaged you my address man! And thank you every[…]

I will be going but only on Sunday due to scheduli[…]