Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Last time for CIV, Hasbro had that Force-Action lightsaber video contest, where you had to make a video showing alternate uses for the Force-Action lightsaber's "spring-action" function. The winner of that contest won a trip (including transportation and hotel) to CIV. But it was for like two or three days of the con, with barebones admission on single-day badges. That was lame, too. And instead of being overtly fraudulent, it was just subject to totally lame and unfair subject judging by unspecified Hasbro employees.
Really the U.S. version of trading standards should be brought in on this as it is false advertsing and as said above fraud.
There has been heated discussion around the various Star Wars forums recently regarding the new CV promotion where you can win a VIP trip for two this August to Celebration V. Many collectors, myself included, have been curious to know exactly how one could have a chance to win when looking inside product with stickers placed on existing, old and/or discontinued merchandise. Now we have the answer thank to Hasbro's Public Relations, here is the official response:

"Winning tickets were placed in stickered packages of both old and current waves of Star Wars Droid Factory, Battle Packs, Comic Packs and Starfighter Vehicles. The winning packages were then hand-delivered to stores and mixed at random with stickered packages without winning tickets. When you buy a stickered product, old wave or current wave, whether you receive a winning ticket or not is purely a matter of chance."

There you have it. How does this answer sit with you?
Sol these "old figures" were they opened and resealed or did they turn on the big expensive machines just to make one more to put the figure in? What load! they'll have put them in packages that were in production when the tickets were ready, that old figure stuff is to cover their backside.
By DarthKozy
sorry Hasbro, try again. As stated above, how would you get certificates into old product, namely carded figures?

I spoke with a TRU manager the other day and he told me that the Hasbro rep was in there that morning putting stickers on the old product right there in the store. I personally know that these stickers were put there at the store because one of them is on a comic pack that has been sitting there for over a year with the same damaged and poorly repaired j hook.

Come on Hasbro this PR spin attempt has actually done more damage than had you said nothing. Time to face the music and admit that there is 0% chance of finding a winning certificate in any old product and most likely ANY product currently on the shelves.
Hogwash, hogwash!!!!
Exactly how and when did this promo get thought up?
None of this makes sense especially when comic packs that have had several package running changes all have the sticker. Maybe if they limited it to a certain comic pack card style it would be more believable. But still all the card changes that don't have a chance should not have the sticker. I guessing the tickets are in the same location because whatever rep dropped them off did it on his lunch break and didn't invest the time to do it right. Tsk, tsk, tsk
By pada1
I agree.....not a very good promotion by Hasbro. Just a marketing ploy to get rid of the peg warmers.

I'd like to share a recent finding.......I was thrilled to find the latest Legacy Collection at my local TRU in San Rafael, CA.
None of the older figures had the new sticker. Glad to see our Hasbro rep is aware.

As excited as I was to get each for $4.99, I later noticed that my K'Kruhk has been tampered with!!!!! I've included a snap shot of the bottom left corner that was peeled back just to steal the game piece. Obviously they returned it and it ended up back on the pegs....and in my hands :(

I think I speak for all collectors.....this is just WRONG!!! So please double check your figure packaging before you head to the registers.

Hasbro's explanation doesn't sit well with me either.

Just add it to the mounting load of poor logic and bad explanations from Hasbro over the past year.

Out of principle, I'm so aggravated with them right now that I'm not buying any more figures for a while until they hit clearance. I passed up several figures I wanted to get this week because I am getting more and more tired of how this company presents itself to the collecting community. And looking at what Hasbro has in store for later this year, I'm less excited than I was before because I feel like they are trying to take us as fools (plus seeing the terrible incarnation of 3PO, the letdown of Han, and the plethora of more and more repacks is just driving me away from this line).

It's really sad, because this hobby used to be such an enjoyment. Hasbro is starting to ruin that enjoyment for me though. Why continue to collect something when one is starting to lose respect for the company that produces what you are buying from them? :?

:|
pada1 wrote:As excited as I was to get each for $4.99, I later noticed that my K'Kruhk has been tampered with!!!!! I've included a snap shot of the bottom left corner that was peeled back just to steal the game piece. Obviously they returned it and it ended up back on the pegs....and in my hands :(

I've seen figures that had been returned with other figures replaced in the packaging, but not something like this that I'm aware of... did someone really remove a game piece and are you sure they didn't take the B.A.D. part instead? I wonder because I'm not thinking anyone from Hasbro is actually inserting game pieces at all on the basic figures. I'm guessing anything they do is going to be in a box like a vehicle where it's probably easier for them to slide it into the package.

And I'm not too happy with Hasbro right now, but if something was taken out and returned on a basic figure, I feel those instances are on the jerk who did it and perhaps the store employee who didn't look close enough to the package to realize it.

:wink:
By pada1
Thanks Yak_Chewie,

When I read that winning ticket was also placed in current waves of Star Wars Droid Factory figures.....and then noticed the tampered packaging on my figure, I flipped out. But if there was a winner from my K'Kruhk figure, I'm sure we'd be reading about that cheater...oops, I mean ticket winner.

I'm gonna try my luck by sending in for a free game play via "snail-mail". Good luck everyone!!! Really hope an honest to goodness collector wins.....and not someone that stole the winning ticket.

YAK_Chewie wrote:
pada1 wrote:As excited as I was to get each for $4.99, I later noticed that my K'Kruhk has been tampered with!!!!! I've included a snap shot of the bottom left corner that was peeled back just to steal the game piece. Obviously they returned it and it ended up back on the pegs....and in my hands :(

I've seen figures that had been returned with other figures replaced in the packaging, but not something like this that I'm aware of... did someone really remove a game piece and are you sure they didn't take the B.A.D. part instead? I wonder because I'm not thinking anyone from Hasbro is actually inserting game pieces at all on the basic figures. I'm guessing anything they do is going to be in a box like a vehicle where it's probably easier for them to slide it into the package.

And I'm not too happy with Hasbro right now, but if something was taken out and returned on a basic figure, I feel those instances are on the jerk who did it and perhaps the store employee who didn't look close enough to the package to realize it.

Customjedi wrote:I'm just waiting for the lucky winner "who finds a golden ticket" in that Leia and Xizor comic pack that was hand delivered by Hasbro just in time for this awesome promotion. :roll:

No kidding.

Personally, I don't even care about Celebration V too much. I would probably only attend one at this point if it was in my local city. So it's not that I don't have much of a chance at winning that irks me - the odds are always going to be low. It's just the shady tactic by Hasbro, and when I add it onto the other things they've done and said that have driven me batty this past year, it really leaves me feeling like Hasbro has lost touch with the collecting community.

pada1 wrote:I'm gonna try my luck by sending in for a free game play via "snail-mail". Good luck everyone!!! Really hope an honest to goodness collector wins.....and not someone that stole the winning ticket.

Yeah, I hope that good people come away with the winners.

Also another thing that bothers me about this is that it seems so rushed by Hasbro. Having reps go to stores and apply stickers onto figures like this seems like little more than a ploy to try and get figures to move, regardless of how shady it seems. They simply don't care.

And what's also telling is that I've noticed that there's a LOT of Clone Wars and Legends still sitting around, even after these great price drops. Maybe Hasbro will eventually admit that they've really been backwards with what they've been telling us about a diminished interest in the collector line, and just fess up and come to terms with us that the reason they've shown favoritism toward the Clone Wars and Legends lines are because they make a higher profit on them per figure and quit playing the "Because collector interest has decreased." talking point. I've thought that for a long time.

Bad case ratios on their part, overproduction of some lower demand figures and some very questionable character selections in the Comic Pack lines are THEIR doing. Not collectors.

I think y'all be over-reacting a bit. I've actually been _more_ appreciative of the big H this past year than ever before. Not because I find the figures I want, no never, ever, but what overrides those feelings for me is just the insane quality of the figures we've been getting. I mean come on, look at concept IG-88, look at him!! We'd never have known what we had missed if they hadn't decided to make it, it's just the sweetest figure ever. I felt the same way when they made pre-cyborg Grievous. They didn't have to make it but they did. And then look at the "interesting" Leia, the two jabba thugs, etc. I even got young Owen n Beru, the Organas, FX-6, a Bothan, and I can't wait to get my hands on the TRU EU wave.

As for what's coming down the pike I agree it's been a bit meager but I love the new Han, and I'm looking forward to seeing the second wave (ROTS) in the flesh (in plastic ?lol) and the new Jabba has lots of promise, the dais!! I should be getting my throwback LOM-4 and Zuckuss today too, really excited about it, way cool.
Utinniii's Unique Universe Vol 2

Trying to fall asleep but had to comment first, th[…]

Utinniii - that's a prodigious output of customs -[…]

and more ross

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]