Image Image Image Image Image

Where does the hobby go from here?

Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Re: Where does the hobby go from here?

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Kane's faceplate is melted though. For $15, you'd think the quality would be better. :wink:
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:06 pm

I know. :lol: Having the facehugger on his head worked really well though, considering then they didn't have to pay for licensing on John Hurt's face. :lol:
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Well, here we go again with distribution issues... snapped this pic at one of my local Walmart's on Saturday... most of them have looked like this for about 30 days now. Just outside of St. Louis.

When is Hasbro going to step in and help get these distribution issues resolved? It's a joke.

:?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Target and TRU are doing much better with Rogue One product, I think most of us would agree on that.

I spotted Krennic today for the first time at Target (3.75) and got him, pretty nice - but also saw the store I hit was about to display new Star Wars product via a pallet display:

These are what we referred to in this story here:

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2016/11/1 ... rget-soon/

I started to open the pallet display and peeked inside, all I saw were some role play items on the top alongside what looked to be older 6" TBS stuff. I'm sure there was more but I was unable to really look due to all the employees buzzing around.

:wink:
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:21 pm

*WALMART RANT INBOUND*

Well, Walmart continues to butcher distribution, the ERG and Ahsoka figures are no where to be found, the Jyn, Deathtrooper wave will never be found and Walmart doesn't care, the employees seem clueless when you ask about the figures and if new waves are coming in.

WHY can't TRU be the holder of these exclusives? Why did Hasbro pick the most incompetent retailer in the country to hold this exclusive?

It's infuriating, it makes army building a pain in the ass to accomplish, I only found TWO FO Stormtroopers last year and this year I'm planning on getting multiple ERG's and Death Troopers but I am starting to doubt the possibility of that even happening.
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Hux, i can hook you up with a couple ERGs if you want them.
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:49 pm

Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:Hux, i can hook you up with a couple ERGs if you want them.

I'm a stubborn collector so I'll pass for now, thanks for the offer though, if I get super desperate I'll let you know! :D
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:20 pm

This is why I end up ordering most of my stuff online. I've spent many fruitless trips to the retailers. Eventually you just consider shipping and handling as a just cost, considering all the gas wasted strolling these places.
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:36 am

WOOOF wrote:This is why I end up ordering most of my stuff online. I've spent many fruitless trips to the retailers. Eventually you just consider shipping and handling as a just cost, considering all the gas wasted strolling these places.

I'm the same. That 6" Revan? Good luck me ever seeing that in stores! Just ordered the whole case. Gonna sell off the two figures from it I don't want. Unfortunately you can't do the same for the Walmart 3.75" BS.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:32 am

Saw Rogue One tonight. Really loved it... and this movie is so great that I'm wishing even more that Hasbro was making more SA style figures from it in the 3.75" scale.

Imaculata
Scavenger

Postby Imaculata » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:10 am

I'm hoping they'll make that imperial tank for Rogue One, and the Trooper Transport and Kylo Ren's shuttle for TFA. It's crazy to me that Hasbro releases vehicles that aren't even in the movie, along with a repaint of an old walker, and yet ignores some of the more awesome vehicles from the movies.

Ugh!
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:08 am

A trooper transport would be an awesome excuse to buy a bunch more First Order troopers.
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:24 pm

WOOOF wrote:A trooper transport would be an awesome excuse to buy a bunch more First Order troopers.

Yeah that's one vehicle I loved from TFA. Kylo's shuttle would be a lot of plastic for a bit of a boring vehicle.

That should really make the hover tank from Rogue One. Again, probably my favorite new vehicle from that film. And Krennic's shuttle the most boring. What the heck is up with the obsession about these ENORMOUS wings on all the shuttles lately?! A the U wings even got em.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:57 pm

I am a little surprised they didn't release the hover tank with the first wave of action figures with an exclusive hover tank pilot. That would have been a no brainer grab for me on Force Friday when everyone was obsessed with getting the TRU exclusive tank driver. They could even incorporate the NERF feature without it standing out too much. Oh well, time will tell. With TFA they released stuff that was never even seen in the movie, or like only in a cut scene, like the First Order speeder.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:10 pm

I'd like to see both Krennic's shuttle and the tank.

Return to “General Hasbro Discussion”