Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Trooper31
It would be so easy for Hasbro just to see how much certain figures are going for on eBay to see where the demand is. Maybe Hasbro is behind some of this selling on eBay because they've been told the last few years what collectors want, yet when they started the WM TBS line, they crammed in a bunch of figures we really don't need anymore

I hope this TVC thing pans out, but I won't buy any if they slap 5 POA figures on TVC cards. I know some people might be ok with that because they keep them carded anyway, but I'm sure Hasbro will also slap a premium price on them no matter what kind of articulation they have.

My hope all along has been that Hasbro is just waiting to build up some SA figures so when they debut a new TVC SA line, they can repack all the new figures from TFA and the Ceremonial Leia.

Until Hasbro actually says the line is dead, I'll keep hoping. My hope is that Hasbro is banking on Rogue One to pull a lot of collectors back in and TVC would be a great way to go. However, any new TVC line has to be a general release or at the very leas a shared exclusive.
By YAK_Chewie
Jodo wrote:Last year I was super excited to hear Hasbro was re-releasing the TVC Rebel Fleet Trooper. I've seem them consistently go for like $15-$25 on Ebay, and many times when people post them on RS they're still like $15-20 (and they go super fast). It was super disappointing to hear that they cancelled this figure's release in the TBS line. Fast forwards to today, and Tunghori posted some for sale. Within a very short amount of time over 75% are gone. That really goes to show how in-demand these good quality figures are, especially when they're army builders.

I have two RFT's, and I ended up ordering 6 more from Tunghori at $9 each plus shipping. I don't feel bad in the slightest.

I'm hoping Hasbro releases this figure again, with a new head, for Rogue One. Maybe that's why the TBS one was cancelled because they wanted to tie it in with Rogue One...?

:wink:
By darthapathy
YAK_Chewie wrote:YES!

I want to see female Rebel troops...

- Rebel Fleet Trooper
- Cold Weather Gear
- Endor Gear

...etc.

:wink:

I would like to see all those options as well. A female Rebel Fleet Trooper and Endor gear should be super simple to make. Were you thinking cold weather gear like Leia/Toryn Farr or a female version of an Echo Base trooper? What about a female snowspeeder pilot? In the EU, Toryn's sister was a snowspeeder pilot.
By Jodo
They should have done 4-packs to correspond with the game's release.

Pack #1 could include:

- Rodian Rebel in tan attire
- Female Hoth Rebel
- Male Stormtrooper
- Imp ShockTrooper

And Pack #2:

- Sullustan Endor Rebel
- Female X-Wing pilot
- Stormtrooper with backpack, etc.
- Shadow Trooper

Pack #3

- Ishi Tib in Hoth gear
- Male Rebel in tan attire
- Female Stormtrooper
- Scout Trooper
By Jodo
Same here! I wish I would have at least gotten the Legacy pack of Troopers for the Female Stormtrooper and Sith Lord. :oops:

An issue I have as of late is the desire to buy stuff, but Hasbro simple hasn't put anything out worthwhile for me to buy. Today I was looking at the Hiya Toys Alien figures, and I was VERY VERY tempted to buy some more of them. Plus, they're also offering the Powerloader and the ACP is coming out, so it's a worthwhile line to buy further into. They've already said there's 3 more Colonial Marines, Bishop, and Ripley coming as well...Plus Predators.

One problem with buying into Hiya is that their prices are pretty high when compared to NECA. I can spend like $120 on the Powerloaded in the 3.75 scale, or like $100 in the 6 inch scale. The figures are also comparable. Now I know how new Star Wars collectors must feel seeing the 6 inch figures in stores. I'd honestly buy the larger figures if it weren't for the fact that I already own a few of the Xenos from Hiya, so that decision is really all that's holding me back. I'm tempted to continue on the path with Hiya since everything else I own is 3.75.

Thoughts?
By darthapathy
Jodo wrote:They should have done 4-packs to correspond with the game's release.

Pack #1 could include:

- Rodian Rebel in tan attire
- Female Hoth Rebel
- Male Stormtrooper
- Imp ShockTrooper

And Pack #2:

- Sullustan Endor Rebel
- Female X-Wing pilot
- Stormtrooper with backpack, etc.
- Shadow Trooper

Pack #3

- Ishi Tib in Hoth gear
- Male Rebel in tan attire
- Female Stormtrooper
- Scout Trooper

I've never personally played the game but I would have bought these in a heartbeat just to add to the ranks of Rebels and Imperials alike. This would have been a no brainer for Hasbro since there wouldn't have been any retooling necessary. All the needed parts already exist. We have already seen a female X-Wing pilot four times, so a fifth wouldn't have been out of the question.
By Raylen
Jodo wrote:Same here! I wish I would have at least gotten the Legacy pack of Troopers for the Female Stormtrooper and Sith Lord. :oops:

An issue I have as of late is the desire to buy stuff, but Hasbro simple hasn't put anything out worthwhile for me to buy. Today I was looking at the Hiya Toys Alien figures, and I was VERY VERY tempted to buy some more of them. Plus, they're also offering the Powerloader and the ACP is coming out, so it's a worthwhile line to buy further into. They've already said there's 3 more Colonial Marines, Bishop, and Ripley coming as well...Plus Predators.

One problem with buying into Hiya is that their prices are pretty high when compared to NECA. I can spend like $120 on the Powerloaded in the 3.75 scale, or like $100 in the 6 inch scale. The figures are also comparable. Now I know how new Star Wars collectors must feel seeing the 6 inch figures in stores. I'd honestly buy the larger figures if it weren't for the fact that I already own a few of the Xenos from Hiya, so that decision is really all that's holding me back. I'm tempted to continue on the path with Hiya since everything else I own is 3.75.

Thoughts?

I recently bought an Alien figure from them (Hiya). Although I don't really collect outside SW when it comes to action figures I do have an oddball here and there. I will warn you of one thing. I did find some QC issues with the one I had. First, it came with alternate hands. However the "pin" size used is very small and I'd have some concerns that over time, removing and installing the same hand would wear on that pin rather quickly. Second, the joints didn't have the excess flashing removed very well, and I had to carefully remove it with a hobby knife. Third, I have the alien from the first film with the translucent head. This was a separate piece made of a rubbery plastic that fits over and slots into the main body of the head. Mine does not want to stay locked in very well at the one tab. Little disappointing to see those QC issues with that price point. Nice thing is they don't really skimp on accessories. You get a stand, an egg (open or shut, though I think its random which it is), a facehugger, and 3 sets of alternate hands. I really wish they had a accessory set that just came with 4-6 eggs with a couple facehuggers to make a nest. If I can get ahold of a closed egg, I can just mold and cast a bunch. Mine's open and I wouldn't want all of them to be open.
By Jodo
Darthapathy, I don't necessarily have any interest in the game either, but I would buy the crap out of packs like that. We need good army builders, and that game's release would have been the perfect opportunity to make that happen. :cry:

Raylen, I hear you about the Alien figures from Hiya. When I got mine I opened it, and was pretty pleased overall. Unfortunately, the tail broke clean off at the base of the spine, and there's pretty much nothing to glue it back to. It looks like I almost cut it clean off with a knife. >< I contacted Hiya Toys on FB about it, but they pretty much told "sorry to hear that." I think the coolest part are the eggs and stands though; I'd buy packs of those in a heart beat as well!

I'm still on the fence about what I'm going to collect though. I really think the NECA figures look awesome, and they've pretty much made everything I would want already. I figured it it up, and the there's like 5 Prometheus figures, 4 Alien figures, and 1 Alien Isolation figure I'd like to pick up. Many of those are cheaper than the $20 price point too. The Aliens selection might be a bit too much for me to buy into though. There's 7 human figures, the two accessory packs, the Powerloader, and plus Aliens...I might be better suited to buy those in the 3.75 scale.

I hate decisions like this!!! :lol:
By Raylen
I know Neca is supposed to make some really nice stuff. I used to collect a lot of different stuff. Anything that looked cool or I was a fan of. So I had lots of oddball stuff from various franchises. I decided it was too much and I'd focus on SW except for one or two Transformers Masterpiece figures. Sold off most of my other things. Then I scaled down even more and wanted to focus 99% of any collecting on 3.75". When the 6" came out I refused to buy any because I was now "focused". Then we hit a drought and I picked up one or two 6", then the Han and Greedo simply because I needed them to design my 6" scale chairs. I now have roughly 20 different 6" but I'm still not all in. Mainly getting troopers. Then when the 5 POA push began, I was out. I'm not buying any of that. I started drifting off more into areas I hadn't planned to go. I love Bandai's Samurai figures though I'm still picking and choosing. I've jumped back pretty hard into Transformers but sticking to select G1 Masterpiece figures and many of them are third party. I went from about 3 to now about 20 of them in about a year. They aren't cheap. Average price $100 and that money could've gone towards Hasbro 3.75 SA figures if they still made more than a handful anymore. Lacking good figures coming out I've also dived more into customs too.
By Jodo
That's interesting to hear about your focus! Outside of 6 inch Guardians of the Galaxy and one Batman figures with Batpod, all of my stuff is 3.75. I've never ventured outside of that camp too far. And the Neca figures are 7 inches aren't they? They're not ever cross compatible with the 6 inch SW figures if that's the case.

I've decided to buy Aliens figures in 3.75 scale, and I'll probably by the Alien and Prometheus figures from the larger Neca line. I don't think we'll see Alien or Prometheus figures anytime soon considering Hiya Toys concentrates on the army builders (which I'm not complaining about at all). My girlfriend and I ended up stopping in Slacker's CD's and Games last night, and we saw two of the Marines. I went back this morning and bought them after comparing prices online. Plus the paint apps were good on these faces, so I didn't want to miss the opportunity to get ones that looked good.

They're pretty good figures overall, but you can tell they're fragile. As soon as I opened Hicks his right arm fell off, and the paint on the joints flaked everywhere. Either the socket is too shallow or the peg is too short. The face sculpts are also a bit soft, and they just don't resemble Hicks or Hudson very much either. They're more-or-less just Marines to me, so that doesn't matter too much for my purpose.

The biggest complaints would be there aren't any holsters or pouches to differentiate between the loadouts, Hicks doesn't have a scabbard for his shotgun, and the helmets just aren't accurate. Outside of those nit-picky things, the figures are really nice. They're definitely collectibles and not toys. It's just awesome to finally have some Pulse Rifles and Motion Trackers that are 3.75 scaled too! That's honestly the biggest seller for me I guess. It's a dream come true to have the accessories in my preferred scale, which I've wanted since I've been a kid.

Overall, I think they're great if you like Aliens/Colonial Marines. However, they're just not good enough/cheap enough to pick up otherwise. Comparably, and to keep on topic, Star Wars figures are definitely better sculpt wise; however given the lack of the articulation as of late, these knock the ball out of the park with articulation. These figures are dynamic in their poseability, and after what we've gotten from Hasbro as of late it's nice to see figures that can kneel, aim, and actually do something.
Attachments
USCM.jpg
By Raylen
wow, yeah those faces look very generic. As for the pulse rifles, I got some in 3.75" scale probably 10+ years ago at a convention. This one booth had guys selling all sorts of various accessories in that scale. I had bought a few pulse rifles, sniper rifle, mini gun, and Megatron all in that scale from them. I was talking with a friend about it not too long ago and he said it sounded like Marauder. I checked out their site, and sure enough, its them. Anyway, they still make pulse rifles for 3.75" figures and other accessories.

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Excellent!!!! RC was one of my favorite games as […]

Great use of the Kit Fisto head! Very reminiscent[…]

I swear, your skill in soft goods and sculpting ar[…]

Parts Swap/Parts For Sale

Any Republic Commando backpacks available in here?[…]

Community fodder box...

It looks like we need the bigger box since most of[…]

So cool. I really like the dark side yoda!

TLJ Purchases and Finds

I was able to find one at Ross here in AZ, I agre[…]