Image Image Image Image Image

Toy Fair Thread

Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Evilivo
Droid

Re: Toy Fair Thread

Postby Evilivo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Same here. My expectations from a toy show or a convention have never been lower. I suppose Rogue One line is finished after the last 4 revealed figures, which at least could be shown (as ugly prototypes, no doubt). They'll probably show the "Jedha revolt" set, although I doubt I'll ever see it in my part of the world and will have to resort to eBay again, for insane prices. I have zero interest in metal statues and roleplay items and the "New Vintage" 6 inch figures will probably end up costing even more than the black Series' ones.
This hobby just gets curiouser and curiouser!
StooperZero
Senator

Postby StooperZero » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:25 pm

the "New Vintage" 6 inch figures will probably end up costing even more than the black Series' ones.

if they do, i'll quit.
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:49 pm

I think I quit having expectations a long time ago... or expectations for things I care about, anyways.

Besides the things they've shown or revealed, I think we'll see a bunch of 6" stuff that's already been confirmed, plus Bohdi and Saw. (If they don't have a 6" Bodhi to go with the rest of the gang my opinion of Hasbro will reach new depths.)

I would be thrilled if we got SA Black Series treatment of K2, Bodhi, Chirrut and Baze and I'd be happy with that... and maybe a Two-Tubes. Saw would be a bonus. But I'm not expecting them. That's just the route I'm going with anymore.

I'm sure there will be vehicles with Nerf features. Nerf guns. Chewbacca voice-changing masks (or whoever the flavor will be this time.) Stuff that collectors supposedly asked for, but didn't. I really can't wait to see what the now girls-line of products is about.

Speaking of voice-changing masks, I want a Jabba one that translates what you say into Huttese so I can say "Eat Bantha poo" and get Bantha Poodoo!" and then I can be Jabba Dad and laugh hysterically in my car or at my kids' school... or on a date with my wife at a fancy restaurant... the possibilities are ENDLESS! Oh! The fame I would receive! Or an Ewok one! Okay, I'm done being sarcastic/not sarcastic.
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:20 am

I think we'll see mostly things we've already seen and any interesting things will be shown at Celebration.
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:29 pm

I believe this is the list of things revealed at Toy Fair. I might be missing some things:

Walmart The Black Series 3.75" wave
• Proto Fett
• Sandtrooper (Orange pauldron)
• Tusken raider
• Ponda Baba

The Black Series 6”
• TFA Luke Skywalker
• Entertainment Earth exclusive 6" R5-D4
• Target(?) exclusive AT-ACT Driver (thought it was TRU?)
• Celebration exclusive Luke (xwing outfit)
• 40th Anniversary Legacy Pack
o Wave 1
 Luke
 Ben
 Leia (new head sculpt)
 Han Solo
 R2-D2
o Wave 2
 Chewbacca
 Stormtrooper
 C-3PO
 Tusken Raider (This has a basic box release as well)
 Death Star Trooper
 Jawa
o Darth Vader with 12 figure display stand

The Black Series Centerpiece Collection
• Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
• Darth Vader

Star Wars Monopoly
First Order Stormtrooper nerf megablaster
Poe Dameron helmet
Force FX obi wan lightsaber

From what's listed above, there's nothing for me to get too exciting about. I like the vintage 6" look, but I won't be buying figures I already have just because of the cool packaging. So, going by this list, I'd buy:

The Black Series 6”
• TFA Luke Skywalker (Yes),
• 40th Anniversary Legacy Pack
 Leia (new head sculpt)
 Tusken Raider (but likely the basic box release )
 Death Star Trooper
 Jawa

I really hope that we get more from Celebration and that this was just a sample to please us for now. I'm sure retailers saw more than was shown to us. But if this is it, I think it's a pretty big let down.

No new TBS 3.75" figures? At all? No Bodhi, Baze, Chirrut or K2? At least finish out the Sensational Six from Rogue One. No TFA Jedi Luke? No new 3.75" moderately articulated ANH-centric figures - or even re-released ones - to celebrate the 40th anniversary of ANH? It will be a "travesty" if no surprises come to light at Celebration.
StooperZero
Senator

Postby StooperZero » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:12 pm

what they chose for TFA/Rogue one figures in both lines is weak.

when they say 'death star trooper' , is it the gunner?
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:24 pm

It's the guy with the large helmet that stands at the consoles
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:46 pm

100% what I was expecting. They only confirmed the 4 TBS 3 3/4" figures that leaked weeks ago. Hopefully the sandperson has bj arms. 40th anniversary products are an embarrassment.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:24 am

What a wad of crap, Hasbro.

Steve Evans... sigh. And he even defended the AT-ACT. Dude is so out of touch. He pushes what HE thinks is cool. Not what the consumers want.

The overall approach to the brand ain't changing until Hasbro moves him off the team. Nice guy... but I've had enough of seeing his inspiration staring at me from the pegs (and lack thereof).

:x
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:32 am

He was on the toy run podcast a while back, and while he sounds like he one of "us" collectors, he is a sales person. I don't trust the guy to give a straight answer.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:55 pm

How many people miss Depriest now? lol We were spoiled during that period, with ridiculous figures like the Ice Cream Maker Guy - now we don't get any obscure / fan favorite characters from previous films in either of the 3.75 lines. Its current film characters and a few Rebels characters only - they aren't "peppering in" anything outside of repacks.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:51 pm

Oh, I totally miss DDP now.

My real complaint about him was the refusal to do playsets and oversized clone trooper helmets - compared to with who we're dealing now... well, there's no comparison at all.

However, things did start to really nosedive under DDP's watch. We can't forget how much he thought the 2012 Movie Heroes line was going to be great... and it would have been, had it been managed with good figures in it rather than terrible action feature figures. The failure of that line is why 5POa even came back into existence.

:wink:
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:33 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Oh, I totally miss DDP now.

My real complaint about him was the refusal to do playsets and oversized clone trooper helmets - compared to with who we're dealing now... well, there's no comparison at all.

However, things did start to really nosedive under DDP's watch. We can't forget how much he thought the 2012 Movie Heroes line was going to be great... and it would have been, had it been managed with good figures in it rather than terrible action feature figures. The failure of that line is why 5POa even came back into existence.

:wink:

I miss DDP too, he seemed to actually really listen to collectors up until the end. Steve Evans just seems so out of touch with collectors at the moment. :roll:
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/

Return to “General Hasbro Discussion”