YAK_Chewie wrote:- Cliegg Lars w/ hover chair (new!)
- Kaminonian Scientist (new!)
- Clone Trooper w/ red fatigues (new sculpt)
- Boba Fett (new!)
- Hermione Bagwa (new!)
- Swokes Swokes (new!)
- Nexu (new!) w/ modified Black Series Padme
- Picador (new!) w/ Droid Factory Sun Fac
Nice list, Chewie. I really like the Geonosian picador's beastie. As my-kind-of-scum noted, that is really the only . . . thing . . . that the Geonosian battle royale is missing from a figure perspective.
I'm curious about how well articulated the figures that you mention would need to be for you to be excited about them. And how the Clone would differ from the TAC version. To me, the only ones that really need SA are Boba Fett and the Clone. Although it would be nice for Clieg so he can recline appropriately in his hover-chair. The other three are more set pieces that would enhance a scene just by standing there and looking pretty.
Yeah, the beast would be great, I'd love to have 2-3 of those things. Also, I think a completely new Nexu, with ball joints would be a lot of fun. The original toy is cool, but really I think they could totally wow us with a new effort towards it.
For the figures I mentioned to make me happy, I think it would be a mistake to not go all out with them. If they are limited articulation, buyers in general won't see value, especially at today's increased price point. The better the figure, the more people will show interest. And people like me, who are customizers, will buy multiples rather than just one of each if we really like them. Customizers (and there are hundreds, if not thousands that are pretty active in customizing), will often buy 3-4 times the amount of the regular collector, because we are crazy in our own way. Here's my breakdown:Cliegg Lars w/ hover chair
- Obviously he'd be a first time figure made, so he would be all new... I'd think this may even work out as an exclusive like Jocasta Nu... I think he should be super articulated, with a removable/alternate leg from the knee down... kind of like Ponda Baba, and of course have his hover chair. Kaminonian Scientist
- I'd like to see something similar in sculpt quality to Lama Su... with some added articulation, removable gear, or a computer accessory - something fun and interesting.Clone Trooper w/ red fatigues
- The TAC figure to me, was a bad figure when it was first released and gets worse every year. I think the snap on armor took away from their tooling budget or something, and his stance is very awkward. I'd like to see an all new sculpt with SA treatment... and they can even make a variant in blue fatigues... same sculpt, just different color plastic! Hell, make a 2-pk!Boba Fett
- I think SA is needed at this point. They made the CW version with great articulation, a new AOTC Boba Fett should be treated with a great sculpt, removable soft goods poncho, and fantastic articulation.Hermione Bagwa
- This character is obscure, but I think she'd do great if they gave her SA treatment and made sure the sculpting details were on par with today's standards. Give her a tray and a couple mugs of Jawa Juice and I think you have a figure that would avoid pegwarmer status.Swokes Swokes
- I love ugly aliens - and I think this figure also would deserve super articulation. The more attention to detail, the more popular the figure will be.