Image Image Image Image Image

The Future of "Big Ones" Poll

Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

What do you think of the "Big One" items moving forward?

I'd rather see them focus on 3.75" big ones like a Sail Barge, good Death Star environment, etc.
84%
I'd rather see them focus on 6" big ones like the TFA TIE Fighter
No votes
I'd rather see them focus on both scales for the big ones
6%
None of the above
9%

Total votes: 32
ezfigs
Midi-Chlorian

Re: The Future of "Big Ones" Poll

Postby ezfigs » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Big Vehicles. Since they finally made a Mosep Binneed figure, maybe there is a chance we will get the Sail Barge before I die:)
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Apologise if i upset anyone, i was just trying to advocate a wait and see attitude. Then we can go nuts afterwards lol. I get that they are pushing and excited about 6 inch at the moment, but that doesn't neccessarily mean S/A 3 3/4 inch will go away. Personally i think 5 POA is a bigger threat to S/A 3 3/4 inch.

Someone said hasbro won't take risks with large 3 3/4 inch vehicles. But they have done them, just because we haven't seen one yet this year doesn't mean they don't exist. And as i mentioned previously 5 POA is my worry to go with the vehicles. As someone put in a comment on another site, Cool 6 inch TFA TIE, no doubt they'll make one for 3 3/4 inch. And they're right Hasbro aren't gonna miss out on making an 3 3/4 inch TFA TIE, they'd be even more stupid if they didn't.

As for people saying this is too big, too expensive and don't have the space. I this was a cool 3 3/4 inch vehicle i bet those objection would vanish.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:As for people saying this is too big, too expensive and don't have the space. I this was a cool 3 3/4 inch vehicle i bet those objection would vanish.

True. But maybe because most of their collection is 3.75", so it's not a stretch to go to another scale. Also, the TIE wouldn't be as big, nor as expensive. Space, though is an individual argument. Everyone's collection space is different and they have to decide if it's a worthy addition for their allotted space.

Of course, playing devil's advocate.

I'm not worried... it is what it is.
DarthDaddy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby DarthDaddy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:37 pm

No interest in anything 6" scale. I wish the plastic went to a modular Death Star playset or even BMF vehicle/playset of "The Ghost". I hope that the 5POA and 6" scale fad comes to an end soon. They are the worst thing that ever could have happened to Star Wars collecting. Hasbro's SDCC presentation was the worst one ever!
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:14 pm

Way I see it, there's room for 6", 3.75" both 5 POA and SA. The problem is Hasbro trying to dictate to the market, and not follow it. As a business owner, I try to pick items to make that people WANT.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
I-am-Boba-Fett
Droid

Postby I-am-Boba-Fett » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:22 pm

HASBROken's "Huge" unveil was a massive fail. I was really thinking they were going to surprise us with a 3.75" scale Jabba's sail barge, bigger Sandcrawler, or updated Death Star playset. I should have known better this is hasbro we are talking about here. Hasbro's SDCC unveils were so disappointing. I have bought a few of the 6" Boba Fett's and Sandtrooper's for customizing then tiring of them ended up selling them but that is it. I said in the very beginning when the 6" line of Star Wars figures was announced I would not be on board for collecting them and that still stands. Who has the room for vehicles in the 6" figures' scale? Hasbro must think we all live in huge mansions. At this point, I might even start collecting Star Wars Rebels figures just to keep my 3.75" addiction appeased. Listen to your core fans Hasbro! If you strike us down we will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine and take our money elsewhere. Don't fix what is NOT broken! 3 3/4" FOR LIFE!!!
darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

Postby darthmadonna » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:35 pm

I know people are trying to keep calm heads but after these last 5 years of things getting worse and worse it is not easy to keep the chin up. How come Hasbro can not just say, "Hey 3.75" fans, don't worry we have something for you, wait for details once we are able to reveal our plans." Is that really so hard? On the other hand I can see it being in Hasbro's realm of twisted reality, a good idea to let us all go nuts thinking its the end of the line then all of a sudden they look like heros and unveil a new 3.75" line. Everyone's happy.
I-am-Boba-Fett
Droid

Postby I-am-Boba-Fett » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:42 pm

$170 for that new 6" scale Hasbro TIE Fighter huh? If I was going to spend big buck$ like that on Star Wars and start collecting at a completely different scale then I would start buying the far superior line of Star Wars items that is made by Sideshow and Hot Toys. At least they seem to listen to their customers/collectors.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:00 pm

I-am-Boba-Fett wrote:$170 for that new 6" scale Hasbro TIE Fighter huh? If I was going to spend big buck$ like that on Star Wars and start collecting at a completely different scale then I would start buying the far superior line of Star Wars items that is made by Sideshow and Hot Toys. At least they seem to listen to their customers/collectors.

I didn't even think about that aspect of it. When does an item's price become high enough to consider something a "glorified toy" or a high end collectible?
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Hasbro had a few QnA sessions at SDCC

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2015/07/1 ... -sessions/

The best one for us 3.75" fans is definitely the Sirstevesguide one - the others seem to be a bit more "rah rah" for the 6" line.

:wink:
SlothFromHoth
Midi-Chlorian

Postby SlothFromHoth » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:59 pm

I don't think a 6" TIE is a bad idea, but is there much longevity in a 6" vehicle market? I can only speak for myself, and this is way out the price range I want to spend on a single item for the line. I *might* have room to squeeze one inside my house somewhere, but only one and even that would be taking up quite a bit of space. A cool item, but I can see myself getting rid of it down the road in an effort to make space for other stuff. I wouldn't be buying this and an X-Wing and *insert new Episode 7 ship*, as I might had this been a 3.75" scale item.

I can see these selling well when the movie hype is at its highest, but I plan on seeing plenty during the clearances of 2016.
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:00 am

Paulskywalker wrote:Apologise if i upset anyone, i was just trying to advocate a wait and see attitude. Then we can go nuts afterwards lol. I get that they are pushing and excited about 6 inch at the moment, but that doesn't neccessarily mean S/A 3 3/4 inch will go away.

I think your idea of wait-and-see is a fair one. I guess what bothers me is that Hasbro didn't Show and didn't talk about anything but a few items at SDCC. Later we found out that we'll find out what's available at the store on Sept. 4th. So, we basically have no clue what to look for (will a Rey figure be available on the 4th, is there a 3.75" TIE in the line, which figures are 5 POA/SA...).

Plus, fans have been asking for playsets, Diorama pieces, and those sorts of things. Besides maybe one guy a few years back that runs a website, nobody was really clamoring for 6" figures nor 6" ships. I have some 6", but quickly lost a lot of the Initial interest after getting wave 2. I've picked up some pieces here and there, but nothing like the amount of 3.75" stuff.

I'll be interested to see how well this TIE actually does. I think the Price is going to Keep a lot of People away and it won't fly off the shelves, but maybe I'm wrong.

In the end, as Long as Hasbro keeps making 3.75" SA figures and ships, I don't really care what they do with 5 POA or 6".
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:36 am

Well i think they want a big surprise for a change which is good, as a few years bak most SDCC reveals were done by others before hand and made SDCC less exciting. And then there was Hasbro getting rubbish at it. Look at it this way it's a huge movie coming and the whole SW organisation wants to keep it tight lipped for a huge reveal and not to spoil the movie too soon. And the SDCC Q&As have confirmed this, and i'm sure either Hasbro and the fans site will quite quickly let everyone know what will be on shelves. Quite frankly i think a lot of people are being too impatient or having major strops. I love SW but getting so upset about what is and isn't revealed yet is a little bit of perspective compared with everything else in the world and it cheeses me off a lil.

As for playsets i'm not getting my hopes up for anything major but they did say the death star, star destroyer corridors and hoth are fertile ground for playsets. Admittedly the other part of the response was a vehicle/playsets combined. Not saying it's gonna happen but least it is a different stance from 'no playsets'. I know a lot of people are being negative about the SDCC Q&As but i'm gonna put this out there, if you look at it another way they were quite positive and more open to ideas than usual. Yes some of the answers were bad, but maybe my comment yesterday was right. What if TFA and other things lately has changed Hasbro's perspective and fingers crossed it's the beginning of better times again. Again this may not be the case but for the time being i'll wait and see first.

I reckon willl get at least one playset for TFA. I will join in with the angry if it turns out to be for 2 inch figures.

I'll get slaughtered for this but one comment i keep seeing that gets on my nerves is 'i'm sick of Hasbro telling me what to buy'. To be honest companies have always told people what to buy. But if you don't like something don't buy it, like the people who moan about 5 POA and then still buy it. They are a company at the end of the day and they don't have to listen to us, but sadly they were and then stopped listening. And they made mistakes such as 'marketing to kids more' which was cost cutting in disguise and now they're charging more money for the 5 POA. But they have made stuff for us, TBS 3 3/4 and 6 inch figures just that it has been a mixed bag depending on your view. The said in the Q&A that they look at the fan sites, so maybe just maybe they're listening again. But truthfully i can see sometimes why they stopped listening.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:27 pm

I agree with the above, Paul. Nice way to put it.

I find the "end of days" comments somewhat amusing and I see it prevalent on other sites. It makes me wonder who their target audience is as it feels these people don't have real world problems to deal with besides I'm not getting my toys. There are other things in life to get worked up about besides a hobby. And if your hobby is getting you upset, then it's time to move on to something that brings peace to your soul. It's just plastic, for crying out loud.

I was surprised by Hasbro's interest in playsets all of the sudden... but then I kept reading and saw the comment about the 2.5" Avengers sets. I hope it's not like the Avengeres sets, as I'd love to get stuff for my 3.75" figures... but then I remember the micro collections I had in my youth. I had a lot of fun with those, so if they did something similar, I can't complain either.
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:33 pm

it all comes down to IF THEY DO IT RIGHT VS making cheap crap with an overpriced msrp.

one thing I'd like to see is a revised Action Fleet. been trying to track those down but they all command a premium now.

Return to “General Hasbro Discussion”