Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Darth Holmes
darth_chuck wrote:
Darth Holmes wrote:
To each his own. But I'm not going to wait for stores to clear out their peg warmers before they start stocking TAC shipments that they've had sitting in the back for weeks. Case in point, the Target I used the DPCI trick at still had a few Lushros Dofine and Naboo Soldier's on the pegs. I know this store and they won’t re-stock until most of them are gone. Which could be a while.

The amount of SAGA has -0- affect on whether or not they stock TAC figures. They are two different DPCIs.

Yes they are two different DPCI's. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

My point is the Targets that still have Saga figures on the pegs are waiting a to put out their TAC stuff.
By YAK_Jayson
I see Darth Chuck's point though Ryan... if you look at other toy lines in the aisle you'll see different subline of figures example: Wrestling figures (Classic & Deluxe Aggression,) – both are WWF/WWE with different DPCIs, but are the same scale and similar pricepoint.

So having 2 areas (Saga and TAC) isn't out of the question as they both fall under the umbrella of Star Wars.

It'll be interesting to see if Target will continue to stock and order both Star Wars lines.
Last edited by YAK_Jayson on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Darth Holmes
YAK_Jayson wrote:I see Darth Chuck's point though Ryan... if you look at other toy lines in the aisle you'll see different subline of figures example: Wrestling figures (Classic & Deluxe Aggression,) – both are WWF/WWE with different DPCIs, but are the same scale and similar pricepoint.

So having 2 areas (Saga and TAC) isn't out of the question as they both fall under the umbrella of Star Wars.

It'll be interesting to see if Target will continue to stock and order both Star Wars lines.

I suppose they could do that. But I haven't seen it in my area yet. I only saw one Target this week that had TAC on the pegs. They were in the same area where the basic figures usually are and they had no Saga figures anywhere else. The other Targets all had Saga figures on the pegs and at least two stores were keeping the TAC stuff in the stock room. So I just assumed they were holding on to the TAC stuff for a while until the Saga figures on the pegs thinnned out a little.
By YAK_Chewie
My prediction - starting next week we'll see SAGA figures on clearance at Target.

They will be in the aisle in their normal spot, marked down a buck or two and will hang there until they do a reset in stores in the toy aisle around 3/23-3/25.

At that time, the SAGA figures will go on clearance endcaps/clearance aisles and the main section will be refreshed with TAC figures.

Any future SAGA shipments that do hit the stores will go straight to clearance as the emphasis will be on the new line.

Just my two cents.

:wink:
By darth_chuck
Saga figures won't be Clearance next week. The new planogram that sets on 3/25 has ( 6 ) pegs for SAGA and ( 2 ) pegs for TAC. When Hasbro kills off the SAGA line in May (which figures are supposed to continue shipping through then) Target will Clearance the remaining SAGA and fill all ( 8 ) pegs with TAC.

If stores have TAC on the pegs already, it may be a situation like my store. Spiderman Origins went Clearance and blew out, so we had 4 foot of empty pegs. We moved Transformers over, and added ( 8 ) pegs of TAC to fill the void. Of course, now we're OUT of TAC, and still have 4 empty feet to fill.

All stores will have them out the week of 3/25 when the planogram is actually due to set. If you get lucky by using the DPCI, it's just that, luck. Team Members do not have to pull anything before the Set Date if they don't want to. Just because another Target store down the road did, doesn't mean every store has to. There are alot of legit reasons WHY stores don't pull stuff early (too much to get into), but in this case, a "STREET DATE" is not the reason. They won't get sued by Lucasfilm, the managers won't fire everybody, the seas won't rise...blah blah blah.

Using DPCIs to get stuff pulled early may end up backfiring on folks eventually. If it becomes abused, someone will put a stop to allowing Team Members to pull "collectibles" at Guest's requests. It will come down as a company wide email, and all stores will be notified to inform all Team Members to refrain from pulling certain items or refuse to check other stores for ON HAND counts (which is what we did for Wii and TMX Elmo).

Stores will ALWAYS use DPCIs, because that's how we track sales, instead of individual UPCs......but Guests using DPCIs to have something pulled before a Set Date is not common practice and can be shut down.

If it's something like an Exclusive, and your area is known for Scalpers, maybe then try using them, but for basic everyday stuff, I wouldn't waste mine or the Team Members. These figures will be everywhere soon enough (unless another "Collector" pilfered the backroom stock using the DPCI before the Set Date).
By Grievous
I usually go to the price scanners. All the ones I've seen will let you punch in the numbers and will tell you if it's on the shelf or in the back. Then if it's in the back I'll hit the customer service button, when they arrive I hand them the number and politely ask for the item.

The workers at my local Target have always been really nice about getting the stuff for me.[/quote]
Where are these things usually located, I'm going toa new Super Target Friday & this will help alot.
By YAK_Chewie
darth_chuck wrote:Saga figures won't be Clearance next week. The new planogram that sets on 3/25 has ( 6 ) pegs for SAGA and ( 2 ) pegs for TAC. When Hasbro kills off the SAGA line in May (which figures are supposed to continue shipping through then) Target will Clearance the remaining SAGA and fill all ( 8 ) pegs with TAC.

Still shipping SAGA through May? Yikes. Two lines on the pegs seems just weird. I believe you, I've just never seen planograms for two different lines of figures at once (other than regular assortment and Greatest Battles or whatever, which did have a different pricepoint at my area Targets). If they only have two pegs dedicated for TAC figures, the first wave may harder to find initially than I thought and I'm even more glad that I used the DPCI's to get me a case.

Maybe someday they will stop allowing people use the DPCI's for collectibles as a companywide policy, who knows. I happen to like it myself, but being in retail management for three years (the worst years of my LIFE!!! :twisted: ) I can definitely see it from other angles.

:wink:
By Darth Holmes
darth_chuck wrote:Saga figures won't be Clearance next week. The new planogram that sets on 3/25 has ( 6 ) pegs for SAGA and ( 2 ) pegs for TAC. When Hasbro kills off the SAGA line in May (which figures are supposed to continue shipping through then) Target will Clearance the remaining SAGA and fill all ( 8 ) pegs with TAC.

If stores have TAC on the pegs already, it may be a situation like my store. Spiderman Origins went Clearance and blew out, so we had 4 foot of empty pegs. We moved Transformers over, and added ( 8 ) pegs of TAC to fill the void. Of course, now we're OUT of TAC, and still have 4 empty feet to fill.

All stores will have them out the week of 3/25 when the planogram is actually due to set. If you get lucky by using the DPCI, it's just that, luck. Team Members do not have to pull anything before the Set Date if they don't want to. Just because another Target store down the road did, doesn't mean every store has to. There are alot of legit reasons WHY stores don't pull stuff early (too much to get into), but in this case, a "STREET DATE" is not the reason. They won't get sued by Lucasfilm, the managers won't fire everybody, the seas won't rise...blah blah blah.

Using DPCIs to get stuff pulled early may end up backfiring on folks eventually. If it becomes abused, someone will put a stop to allowing Team Members to pull "collectibles" at Guest's requests. It will come down as a company wide email, and all stores will be notified to inform all Team Members to refrain from pulling certain items or refuse to check other stores for ON HAND counts (which is what we did for Wii and TMX Elmo).

Stores will ALWAYS use DPCIs, because that's how we track sales, instead of individual UPCs......but Guests using DPCIs to have something pulled before a Set Date is not common practice and can be shut down.

If it's something like an Exclusive, and your area is known for Scalpers, maybe then try using them, but for basic everyday stuff, I wouldn't waste mine or the Team Members. These figures will be everywhere soon enough (unless another "Collector" pilfered the backroom stock using the DPCI before the Set Date).

I take it you work for Target?
By darth_chuck
Darth Holmes wrote:I take it you work for Target?

I see why your username is Holmes. :)
By tenike1
No shit, Shirlock?
By Darth Holmes
My comment was meant to be sarcastic. You of all people should know better. :wink:
By tenike1
I couldn't think of another cliche with Shirlock. :shock:
By tenike1
Here's the latest scoop. I believe Target has been realizing the exponential growth of collectors calling in, using the DPCI number to have items called to the front. Friday I used the DPCI to help locate the Order 66 tubs. The person on the phone wouldn't take the number from me, but insisted on sending me to toys. It went through at one store, and the get said they were street dated and I was out of luck. I then went through the run-around and another Target. They actually told me they didn't have a computer to check the DPCI number on! There wasn't any way in hell I was going to waste my time with someone in the toy department who was going to tell me no. So today I decided to see what I can do in the store. I stalked the stock room and waited for a guy with the gun to came out. One gentleman came out and I asked him to look the DPCI number for me. He went into the back and I was expecting him to come out telling me they were street dated. To my surprise, he came out with an entire case of them (two of each one), and I got one of each. All of them were mint, so that's a plus. I thanked the guy profusely for doing this for me. I didn't want to wait until April 8th to get these.
By Horse_Head
^ Nice score!
By tenike1
I went to Target tonight and this girl at guest service didn't know what a DPCI was. I just walked away disgusted. I think it's the same one who was lying to me over the phone about not being able to check them through the computer. JERK!

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]