Image Image Image Image Image

The Vintage Collection Returns!!!!!

Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

darth_sidious
Emperor

Re: The Vintage Collection Returns!!!!!

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:39 am

Interesting news, but this line is only replacing TBS 3.75 from what I understand, right? 5 POA is the main line, but this collection will be at all retailers. What's the pricepoint? $10, 13, 15? I'm afraid its going to be a bunch of repacks with a few new characters, like the current TBS 3.75 line. We know from the Q&A with JTA that there will be 4 OT characters, but we know little else. Hopefully Sim Aloo and Yakface are among them.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:23 am

That is my primary concern too - too much reliance on repacks.

I think it's safe to say the following will absolutely be repacked in this fashion from the Walmart line:

- Jyn
- Cassian
- Death Trooper
- Shoretrooper
- Kylo Ren
- Rey
- Stormtrooper
- Phasma
- Poe
- Finn (that one makes me really shudder)

Of the above, as long as long as production was within reason, the only ones I'd really worry too much about being heavy pegwarmers are Poe and Finn... especially Finn consdering how Walmart can't move him for $6 right now.

:wink:
darthapathy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby darthapathy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Just throwing my two cents in; as an opener the card really means nothing to me. I am excited for the fact that we will still get figures with more than 5 POA and they will be widely distributed. Like others have mentioned, I fear that the number of repacks will outweigh new figures. I also fear that it will be TFA heavy. I will be happy if we get at least one new figure from the cantina and one new figure from Jabba's palace. I would also like to see the return of the multi-packs in the vintage style. I would like to see 2 packs like they did for K-Mart and for them to finish out the Special figure 3 packs with some repacks but some new/resculpted figures. Target could have these again
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:11 pm

I'd really appreciate some strategic repacks like the Gam. Guard or RFT.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
Drayco90
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Drayco90 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:57 pm

They'd probably make a killing if they did a repack of Revan; part of me would rather have a whole new mold, but I'll take what I can get.
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 pm

According to JTA Hasbro is contemplating whether or not to start where the last VC left off at number VC116 so if they're continuing the line from where it left off it wouldn't make sense to repack a lot of figures...
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
darthapathy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby darthapathy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Jodo wrote:I'd really appreciate some strategic repacks like the Gam. Guard or RFT.

It would be very easy for them to repack the Rebel Fleet Trooper and consider it a "new" figure. All they would have to do is use a different head, add a holster and put it on a Rogue One card. As for the Gamorrean Guard, They could use the shot of the Gamorrean Guard from the sailbarge and give him the staff or whatever weapon it was that he was carrying when he went up against Luke.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 am

There is already word that these will cost more than the 3.75 TBS figures, which makes me wonder if the assortment can survive if we're being charged a price closer to the 6 inch pricepoint. Can you imagine 3.75 figures for $15+? The amount of collectors has dropped significantly, so I'm concerned TVC may not be the spectacle it once was.
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:49 am

Yeah, I have to agree. $15 is about the most I would pay. Anything greater than that is ridiculous. I don't care about the packaging at all. Yes, the Vintage art looks great, but if the full color cardboard is what causes an increase in price over the already high $12.87 of the Wal-Mart TBS, then I'm against it.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 am

I think the $13 range seems okay​ as long as we are talking premium figures, with smart case assortments and 75% or more in each wave are new figures.

As for costs going much over that... with mass retail, production should be higher. And retailers also competing for business. So, those factors should help keep costs down or similar to the current MSRP.

But more than $15 would kill it before it begins. That is just Hasbro being greedy.

Darth Vlad's Clone
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:30 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:But more than $15 would kill it before it begins.

And having repacks start the series too.
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:23 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:I think the $13 range seems okay​ as long as we are talking premium figures, with smart case assortments and 75% or more in each wave are new figures.

As for costs going much over that... with mass retail, production should be higher. And retailers also competing for business. So, those factors should help keep costs down or similar to the current MSRP.

But more than $15 would kill it before it begins. That is just Hasbro being greedy.

Agreed. I think a lot of people are forgetting that these will be mass retail and not an exclusive to one store. I don't think we'll be finding these for under $10, but I don't think we will find them for $20 either.
Drayco90
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Drayco90 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 am

darth_sidious wrote:There is already word that these will cost more than the 3.75 TBS figures, which makes me wonder if the assortment can survive if we're being charged a price closer to the 6 inch pricepoint. Can you imagine 3.75 figures for $15+? The amount of collectors has dropped significantly, so I'm concerned TVC may not be the spectacle it once was.

$10 is the most I can see them charging and not have the line pegwarm and disappear like the Marvel Universe line has. I think hitting that sweet spot is as imperative to winning back the audience they've lost as the articulation itself is; if they're priced like a premium, they're just going to be a niche line, and get supported accordingly- and that's the last thing I want.
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:48 am

Does anybody know what made Hasbro change their tune on SA 3.75" figures? Were they holding back because the films were coming too quickly? Were they holding back because of their exclusive deal with Wal-Mart? Are sales of the 6" line declining so much that they needed to change their focus?

I know Hasbro won't just come out and tell us, but those that have followed this closely, can you give us any logical reasoning behind this move?
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 am

can't blame sales if you never get product on the shelves.

Return to “General Hasbro Discussion”