Yakfinities # 13 - DROIDS OF WAR

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Yakfinities # 13 - DROIDS OF WAR

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:51 pm

For this month's Yakfinities, the category is DROIDS OF WAR.

Here are the poll results -

Crime Bosses - A Hutt, or some other gangster
14% [ 4 ]

War Droids - Could be used by the Empire, Republic, Rebels, or Separatists
32% [ 9 ]

Ancient Mandalorians - KOTOR or any era pre Jango Fett would qualify
10% [ 3 ]

Prisoners - Prisoners of war, or even slaves (think of hotties in metal bikinis)
25% [ 7 ]

Force Unleashed - Your Concept of Darth Vader's secret apprentice
3% [ 1 ]

Galactic Entertainers - Very open to creative freedom here, could be dancers or even creatures like Salicious Crumb
14% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 28

Ok, time to get busy folks! The prize for this month is still TBD... but here's a couple examples of War Droids that I made if anyone is stumped for ideas -

Separatist Artillery Droid - Fan fiction Separatist War Droid, I'm sure I'll find a place for this in a photonovel or two. Just finished this one up late tonight!

head cannons - EPI STAP
neck - styrene
body - POTJ Mega Destroyer Droid
wires - just some greeblies added on

Separatist Beetle Droid - This is just a fan fiction design, thought this would be something a little different but still in the theme of organic type of droids that the Seps use.

dome - TAC Jawa droid dome
legs - SAGA Spider Droid legs
rest - misc. greeblies

:wink:
Last edited by YAK_Chewie on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:04 am, edited 8 times in total.
RC 0379 Marev
Nerf Herder

Postby RC 0379 Marev » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:17 pm

How about Galactic Entertainers?

Someone has to entertain the masses. Singers, Musicians, Artists, Actors, Sports Entertainers,etc. From the Rimworld Gladiator to the Coreworld Opera Diva... it's a wide spectrum to play in, eh?

Marev
RC-0379
raziel
The Prodigal Knight

Postby raziel » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:27 pm

:lol: I second entertainers - thats a great idea :!:
Horse_Head
Nerf Herder

Postby Horse_Head » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:52 pm

I like Entertainers... nice broad range to choose from....

How about Jedi Educators/Teachers... all we ever get to see is Yoda with the Younglings/Luke... What about the Home Ec. teacher that fine tunes their robe mending skills... or the P.E. teacher that shows them all those cool flips and kicks?!? :)
www.starwarsdork.com

From the NEW Simpsons Ride:
Homer: Wow! We're the first people to ever ride this baby. We're like that space guy, that did that moon thing.
Lisa: Neil Armstrong?
Homer: No. Chewbacca! RARRRGGGH!
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:39 pm

here are a few......

shop keepers - can be any spieces and sort of shop, pretty open.

prisoners - any spieces, can be republic prisoners, imperial prisoners, hutt prisoners. they can be in a prison uniform fo the rep. or impe prisoners or just torn up rags for hutt prisoners.

security force personel - a security force for any sort of planet or ship. somthing that isn't imperial or republic.

cybernetic limbed sentients - one that i suggested a while back, any spieces so long as it has some sort of robotic replacement limb, etc...

the force unleashed, vaders secret apprintice - pretty self explanitory, just your version of this charecter.

thats about all i have right now! :)
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
Theo Zissou
Mandalorian

Postby Theo Zissou » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:22 pm

entertainers would be a good one. reminds me of the starwars galaxies game.

prisoners sounds like it could be really cool. on the run fugitives.

i also like the sound of Jedi Educators/Teachers but it might just come off as common jedi. i guess the key for this one would be the props.
“I don’t think it’s really fair for me to be on a jury because I can read thoughts.”

Liz Lemon-30 Rock http://www.30rockquotes.net/

http://theozissou.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/TheoZissou
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:29 am

Cool ideas folks... here's another idea to throw out there - War Droids. Not simple Battle Droids, but more heavy power droids. Could be used by the Empire, Republic, Rebels, or Separatists. Or some other group of thugs that could use them.

jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:32 pm

i do like the idea of war droids. it offers a bit more style than the previous droid themes.

the jedi educators is a cool idea, but a theo said, what is to distinguish them from standard jedi? if it's props then thats a bit more than a figure. a good back story could do it.

theres another idea, how a bout any type of charecter/figure as long as it has a back story?

nothing to horrilby long or to short just enough to tell about hte charecter and the figure could reflect it's back story, ie. scars, armor, etc.
just a though...
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:04 pm

The War Droids idea gave me a bit of inspiration, I worked on this one last night as an example of something new -

It actually came together really quickly... sometimes that happens... other times I get stumped.

Parts used - TAC Jawa droid dome, SAGA Spider Droid legs, misc. greeblies

Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:52 pm

Hm, entertainers doesn't appeal much to me, but the prisoners do. How about Jedi/Sith from the Tales of the Jedi era? You could make an existing character, or a fan fic one from that period.

With that, Mandalorians of old would be cool too.

War droids sounds awesome, but I was thinking of something bigger than what Chewie made (nice one, by the way :wink: ) I don't think I'll be able to make one soon though, since fodder in that scale is hard to come by.
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
Jordan Hofer
Scavenger

CLONE WARS Collection for sale

Postby Jordan Hofer » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:35 am

Hi folks,
I wanted to offer this to you guys first, my Yakfinities buddies. I'm parsing down my collection and decided to deep-six the Clone Wars. It's a good collection:
Included are 25 action figures, 1 Galactic Hero (Obi-Wan with clone armor), 2 Titanium ships (Anakin's Clone Wars starfighter and the Tiger Shark Gunship, 5 Bust-Ups (Red trooper, Armor Obi-Wan, Yoda, Tattoo Anakin, Snow Bunny Padme), an Entertainment Earth Clones mousepad, 8 Dark Horse Clone Wars animated comic books, and a custom folder including th entire basic set of Topps Clone Wars cards, including 3 promo cards, 4 hologram cards, 1 sketchcard, all 10 sticker cards, as well as a Clone Wars sticker book.
Anyone interested, please let me know. :D
RC 0379 Marev
Nerf Herder

Clone Wars Collection

Postby RC 0379 Marev » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Cool looking collection. Not sure if you have it in the right place/thread. You might have better luck if you posted it in the trades section or something?

Good luck

Marev
RC-0379

"Tinnies....Wets....Through the scope of my deece, they're all silhouettes."
Jordan Hofer
Scavenger

Thanks and idea

Postby Jordan Hofer » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Thanks, RC, I'll do that. Just wanted to put it out here!

How about CRIME BOSSES for August? Dat's me vote fer now!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:22 pm

Voting is now open... poll will close at end of day on July 31.

jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:39 pm

cool. i went for the crime boss's. thats one that has been kicked around for a while the i woul dlike to see get it's shot. this theme can be any spices or look, so it would be very cool to see whihc way people go with it, if it wins of course! :)

Return to “YAKfinities”