Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Darth_Ennis
I just went out this weekend and splurged. It's been a LOOOOONG time sice I've been able to do this, but I went and bought an INSANE amount of custom fodder. I LOVE MY NEW JOB!!! :D

So I'm ready for just about anything now.

I threw my lot in with Episode I, but I'm also kinda hoping that Snipers win because I have an excellent idea that I want to do for it.

I've been customnising other stuff all weekend, and after almost a year and a half of SW customisers block, I think I'm finally back in the groove. The custom ide3as just wont stop now. It feels great!. :D
By Darth_Ennis
Thanks for the vote of confidence Chewie. :wink:

W :shock: W!! I'm actually shocked that people are actually voting for my idea. I thought I was the only one who cares about Episode I. :P
By YAK_Chewie
Well if we end up with a tie, we'll probably go with EPI figures I think since "pod racers" kind of falls into that category... and between the two of those, there's 7 votes.

:wink:
By YAK_Chewie
Ok... let's call the voting over... unless there's an objection we're going to make it EPISODE ONE PODRACER PILOTS/CREW WORKERS/SPECTATORS.

The reason for this, is we have a tie between mini-rigs and Podracer pilots, with Episode One characters coming in close.

Podracer Pilots falls under Episode One, but for the folks that wanted Episode One characters, we'll stretch the rules a bit to cover more than Podracer Pilots - it can also be crew or spectators...

Since we lost about two weeks in June, we'll leave this open through the end of July and there will be TWO WINNERS.

By Eopie Herder
So, when do we get going on this? Is it EP1 for certain?
By Horse_Head
Sound good to me... glad to see the forums are back up.
By YAK_Chewie
I really liked this theme because there's a lot of room for variety, as well as customs from this month can really go into so many various dioramas if people don't specifically have podrace scene dioramas. So, I made 5 customs for our 22nd customizing challenge -

Trian Bowns - Boonta Eve podrace spectator. He just likes to attend in the chances of meeting Sebulba's Twi'lek slaves (always had a fetish for blue skin).

head - Tantive IV Rebel
torso - TAC Myoom Oonith
arms - Comic Pack Hett
tunic - TAC Myoom Oonith
legs - ROTS Count Dooku
scarf - TGC Sam Elliot

Huedo Gorsmaggle - Boonta Eve podrace spectator who is also a Mos Espa textile merchant.

head - POTF2 Hammerhead
hat - POTF2 Rancor Keeper
torso - Indiana Jones Sallah
arms - Indiana Jones Sallah
hands - POTF2 Hammerhead
tunic - Indiana Jones Sallah

Braffel Stor'kessel - Boonta Eve Podrace gambler (always bets on Sebulba). He's known for mistreating his slaves.

head - POTJ Tessek
torso - Indiana Jones Cairo Thug
biceps - Indiana Jones Cairo Thug
forearms - Indiana Jones Sallah (from Sallah's biceps)
wrist/hands - POTJ Tessek
legs - TAC Quinlan Vos

Teedle B'ilimissir - Boonta Eve podrace spectator, and also slave of Braffel Stor'kessel (hates Sebulba and his master). The podraces are his only chance at entertainment, so he rarely misses them.

head - OTC Greedo
torso - ROTS PLo Koon
arms - TAC Po Nudo
hands - OTC Greedo
tunic - ROTS Count Dooku
legs - ROTS Plo Koon

Matilda Iceburn - Boonta Eve podrace gambler who likes to bet on the underdogs.

head - Indiana Jones Marion
torso - SAGA2 Bousch
arms - Indiana Jones Marion
hands - Indiana Jones Marion
purse - Indiana Jones Cemetary Warrior
tunic - POTC Elizabeth Swan
legs - Evolutions Luke Skywalker

By Paulskywalker
If it's Podrace spectators, i have the parts of a figure i was gonna paint and put together ages ago sitting in a jar and this would be the perfect motivation to put him together.
By YAK_Chewie
^ Sounds good... if I have time, I'll probably come up with a pilot or two as well. Maybe even a modified dewback pulling a podracer (doubtful, but it would be cool).

By jedistyle
good stuff chewie, those all look great! i'll comment more in detail in your custm thread. :)

heres a few from me on this one, i like the diversity of this theme, i can't wait to see what everyone puts togehter!

=Rhett Fooril= Skiriling merchant & big podracing fan

=Maar D'hav= Twilek Bounty Hunter & obsesive podracing gambler

=Pano Sey Findi= Cerean Mercenary who provides security for the Hutts podrace skybox.
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Really fun submissions so far everyone. my kind of[…]

Here is a small batch of stuff. This is mostly stu[…]

Wow Steve you have really gotten great at painting[…]

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Definite Buy: Beckett and Val Probable Buy: L3 a[…]

Community fodder box...

I messaged you my address man! And thank you every[…]

I will be going but only on Sunday due to scheduli[…]

John Morog Customs

I saw this on FB! Very nice job man! I actually li[…]

Tessek (Squidhead) Ree Yees Weequay Nikto Admiral […]