Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Heres my submission for this month: Black Sun Smuggler - Taytay Naydar:

Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:00 am

Ouch, that's one mean lookin' Aqualish. Very cool. Is that a npkb as well?
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:40 am

Awesome work everyone! This contest is officially done in terms of entries - look for a winner announcement soon.

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:54 pm

Alright everyone, here's the Roundup Report for the latest Customizing Challenge - talk about some great entries this round!

And the winner is:

Congrats Jedighost009! You have won a Legacy Imperial Pilot Evolutions Set! Please send me an email to rykrofenloe@yahoo.com with your shipping information and your prize will be shipped this month.

Also as a reminder, to be eligible for prizes the customs submitted must be "new" customs for the current customizing challenge. Past customs submitted may show up in the roundup, but are not entered into the random drawing.

Thanks again to everyone for another fun Yakfinities!

darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:09 pm

Congrats Jedighost009 that is a rad custom! By the way, are the 2-month 'challenges' going to be for 1 big prize now, rather than 2 winners if we get 15+ entries in a 2-month span?

This was a fun one - too bad someone didnt make Zirro the Hutt though!
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:18 pm

Congrats Jedighost009!
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
KillerVole
Midi-Chlorian

Postby KillerVole » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Congratulations Jedighost009! Your custom is awesome and totally deserved to win. Great job!
Delaton
Scavenger

Postby Delaton » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Congrats to the winner. Great submissions guys.
JediJman
Trandoshan Bounty Hunter

Postby JediJman » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:02 am

Congrats on the win Ghost! Awesome custom. All of these are fantastic - can't believe how many great customs came out of this round!

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
-- Albert Einstein

Jedighost009
Nerf Herder

Postby Jedighost009 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:56 am

Wow. Thanks for all the compliments and congratulations, guys. I didn't think I would win. There were great entries from everyone. I really liked Ars30's Rodian custom. I noticed some of you even had multiple entries so I need to get cracking on the next Yakfinities. I'm way too slow. :lol:

And the prize is more than I expected. I don't have that Evo set so its one more off the list. Thanks, Chewie. The email is on the way.

I have to add, not only is this site great for customizers, this site is a pretty welcoming and positive place too. Thanks again, guys.
Que La Fuerza te acompañe.

¡La Guerra de las Galaxias es por siempre!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:16 am

No problem Jedighost, I'm glad that this is a prize that helps you out. I always have a bit of a hard time deciding what to send... been toying with some "mystery grab bags" and other ideas for a while now, just haven't put another idea into place.

To answer your question darth_sidious - yeah, last period there were two winners. I was going to go with that format this month, and maybe I should have. I'm sorry if anyone was let down that there weren't two prizes - each being one figure. These contests aren't sponsored, and everything that is given (save for two times) has come out of my own collection. Which is fine and maybe I prefer it that way, as this is my way of giving back a bit to the customizing community, which has treated me very well and in my personal opinion has some of the friendliest people I've met in the hobby.

We can certainly move back to that format if people prefer though, and if we have another good contest for the new Yakfinities, we might move back to one per month. I personally like it being a 2-month period myself, as for me at least I am having a hard time balancing my time in the hobby.

stormtripper
Nerf Herder

Postby stormtripper » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:24 pm

wow, as a community I would like to add that you chewie are very talented at customizing and your great attitude towards these creations is appreciated. I am always looking forward to lurking your new batch of customs. That is awesome that you give most of the prizes away yourself, it gives you more control over the contest and doesn't artisticly restrict.. is it that hard to get a sponser to donate a figure or 2 a month? I guess they are sponsers and pay for advertizing of the site etc?
stormtripper
Nerf Herder

Postby stormtripper » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:25 pm

oh and congrats to the winner, great looking custom!
DnJcustoms
Scavenger

Postby DnJcustoms » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:39 am

This was fun! Everyone's submissions were great. I guess I'd better get to work on a couple of organic Separatists!
blaster_e11
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby blaster_e11 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:11 am

great job to everyone who submitted a custom and congrats to the winner

Return to “YAKfinities”