Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Ernest Borgnine
I think that this Yakfinities has some amazing entries. I feel honored to be able to join in on the fun.
DanOfTheDead
The Renegades are awesome. That Rykrof Enloe is unbelievable. I can't believe that you aged him that well by cutting lines in his face. I'm sure I would have screwed that up royally. Everyone of those characters is great. Really inspiring. I guess my only critique would be to do something with the wookie's neck. I think that shortening the neck might make him look too short though. Maybe you could sculpt some hair in the gap? Anyway, even if you left it like it is, it would still be great.
I might have to steal your idea for that group of imperials
Chewie
Another great group of figures. You always seem to have just the right kind of fodder. What I'm always in awe of is your subtle paint jobs. The colors and shading always seem to work so well. I don't know what else to say about them other than I love them.
Incom
Please tell me your going to get these finished soon. They look like some tough S.O.B.s.
jedistyle
It's always good to see new customes from you. I think these all look great. I love that nasty looking scar on Cess Azard.
And the spots on Jag Lorsh are a nice touch.

Sorry if I left anyone out, I think that everyone has done a really great job this time. It's too bad everyone can't get a prize.

Well, anyway here is my second team. Again, I don't really have any names or a definitive story for these characters. I'm thinking that they are a group of jedi survivors banding together for protection during the "A New Hope" era. I started one of these while waiting for the paint to dry on my pirates, just thinking that I wanted to use up Jedi parts that were taking up space (I have a small work area). But I thought that he turned out pretty good and decided to make some more.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg112/insekt69/TeamJedi.jpg

This guy was the first completed.
He's the more mystical, hippie like Jedi of the group, tending to avoid conflict if possible.
HEAD-BBI soldier
TORSO/ARMS-Order 66 Jedi from Target 2 packs (I forget his name)
TUNIC-Secret Apprentice
LEGS-Pirates of the Caribbean Chow Yun Fat
SABER-Yoda I think

The most battle-hardened of the group, this guy lost an arm to a squad of Jedi hunting Storm Troopers.
HEAD-BBI soldier
TORSO-Rahm Kota
LEFT ARM-Legacy Luke Skywalker
LEFT HAND-WWE Umunga
RIGHT ARM-Terminator
TUNIC-Voolvif Monn
LEGS-Tol Skorr
I had to trim the Terminator arm in two places in order to get it to match the length of the Luke arm. The only places to really trim it and still look somewhat seamless are right below the elbow and at the wrist. I also added articulation at the elbow allowing the forearm to swivel.

I don't have a background for this character.
HEAD-POTF2 Boushh Leia
TORSO-Wioslea
ARMS-Secret Apprentice
BELT-Pirates of the Caribbean figure
TUNIC-Saga Boushh
LEGS-Luminara Unduli

I don't have a character for this guy either, although I'm assuming that he is the woman's brother.
HEAD-Prince Caspian
BODY-Saesee Tiin
ARMS-Tol Skorr
TUNIC-Sora Bulq
LEGS-Quinlan Vos
By jedistyle
great job ernest borgnine, these jedi look great, they wold work well in an jedi era too, they really remind me of a kotor jedi strike team for some reason or other. i like how they all look a bit similar but still unique,great work on the paint apps and parts selection!

and as you said there are some great entries in this yakfinities, great job to all who participated! :)
By YAK_Chewie
I echo the sentiments of jedistyle, this has been an AMAZING Yakfinities... truly awesome work guys!

All of your Jedi look outstanding Ernest, they are so original! Very well put together and your painting is truly amazing. It's hard to pick a favorite of out them, each one is unique yet they look like a cohesive team. I love the choice of heads too, and the subdued brown paint schemes. Wow. Some of your best! The background you used is also a great change of pace!

Oh yeah, cool seeing a barefoot Jedi too! :P

:wink:
By JediJman
Wow, those custom jedi are another awesome addition! How do you make the sabers glow like that? I'm assuming its digitally enhanced, but still curious how you did it. Fantastic work EB - the mechanical arm Jedi is my favorite of the bunch.

I hope there are multiple prizes for this contest - there are too many good entries for just a single winner.
By YAK_Chewie
darth_sidious wrote:I make a motion that Chewie skips the random prize selection, and awards the prize directly to DanOfTheDead, as a get well soon present. :wink:

Heh, well I can certainly agree that he deserves something special. There has been some talk here about doing something for him, hopefully we can make an announcement soon.

CUYVALDAR wrote:Hey chewie is it too late to get in on this?

Nope, not too late at all! This runs until the end of June :)

:wink:
By Order66Outlaw
I cant believe all the amazing entires in Yakfinities #29, the creativity is incredible. Now I am new here though some of you might know me from over at RS. I've been working on a team for awhile trying to iron out all the bugs and although there are things I would change and other team members unfinished and some finished but not included, here is my entry.

The Wraiths

With the Empire victorious on several battle grounds including and most recently on Hoth, Mon Mothma sadend by the loss of her son Jobin in that battle gave into the Rebellions demand for more a more aggressive aproach against the Empire. She enlisted the services of a group of assassins known only as The Wraiths. Though she knows very little about them and has on had visual contact with the teams Protocol Droid TC-104 they have proven very reliable and reluctantly pledged their loyalty to the Rebellion. Diplomats, Imperial Officials, Military strategists and many key supporters of the Empire have fallen silently at their hands.

Balkeeda is the leader of the Wraiths and a former Tera Kasi Master. He has no love for the Empire yet despises Jedi which is why he trained in the Tera kasi fighting discipline a style that can be used successfully against Jedi. He doesn't trust anyone and chooses droids as team mates for they're ability to carry out tasks to the letter and the fact that he doesnt have to train them only load them up with programming. He has chosen the lesser of two evils by aligning with the Rebellion however he does enjoy knocking bullies down a peg and sees Vader and Palpatine as two big ones needing a reality check. His sniping skills are just as formidable as his close quarters combat.

Assassin Droid dubbed " SD" for Silent Death. SD is the most capable of Balkeeda's assassins and is almost always chosen to accompany him on insertion as backup. He is an imposing figure and strikes fear into all who enter combat with him.

IG-86 Assassin Droid #0571 dubbed "Seven One". An older yet very reliable model of assassin droid that is very adept at climbing and infiltration is often paired with "Two Eight" as the second team. His blade skills are second only to SD and since he is memory is maxed with sword combat training programs he carrys no projectile weapon and relies on Two Eight for ranged backup.

IG-86 Assassin Droid #1928 dubbed "Two Eight". A sniper's sniper. He often cripples targets to creat a distraction for Seven One but enjoys picking off would be helpers. On occasion when infiltration is impossible he is given the green light for a kill shot himself.

TC-104 is the teams only member visible to its employers. He is also their pilot. He co-ordinates missions with Mon Mothma and arranges for payment. He is a non-combatant though is bumbling nature is servicable for infiltration and recon.

I've really enjoyed working on this edition of Yakfinities and hope to try more in the future though I'm still getting the hang of image hosting so I hope the pics aren't too large. Thanks for the oppertunity to be a part of this community.
By Count_Blahh
Hopefully,I am able to make my contribution/entry.If not,please delete my post.I'm not clear on how this works,but here's my team.

Ghost Patrol

Love the site.
By Order66Outlaw
Count_Blahh wrote:Hopefully,I am able to make my contribution/entry.If not,please delete my post.I'm not clear on how this works,but here's my team.

Ghost Patrol

Love the site.

I know these chaps....solid bunch of troopers. Glad you posted these guys here R1b...they are your finest customs yet!
By LukeSprywalker
Wow more amazing customs! this has got to be the best Yakfinities yet. Bravo everyone, I will comment in more detail later bit I just can't describe how great all of these entries are.

I just got mine done this morning and photographed them with my new generic background I will use for most photographs from now on. I also made some crates and barrels out of random junk. Once again influenced by my son for this group with a new Jedi yet to be named, Thire, Jek and Rys. They have a different twist to the paint scheme as hasbro will put out the ones from the Ambush cartoon. the idea is that they are meeting their new Jedi leader while in the supply room/cargo hold or something...

I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

I'm working on an wanted ex Rebel militia turned […]

They carve up nice. Like chicken. https://i.[…]