Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By mercuryartstudios
#73113
DanOfTheDead wrote:So many awesome additions this month. I've got one or two more, but here's my latest:

ImageImage

Now, her... ahem... enhancements came out more exaggerated than I expected. Half the time I look at this figure, I think they look okay, then I think they look comically large. Oh well.

The entire figure is a Clone Wars C-3P0, shoulders converted to bewbs, torso sanded and slimed, and head modified.

I was exposed to the work of artist Hajime Sorayama at a ripe young age, and while I don't find his work especially enticing, he did seem to pioneer a lot of things and images that are now cliche in sci-fi. And though I've never seen it, the Metropolis robot was also an inspiration, which seems fitting as I believe it was also the basis of 3P0's initial designs. I added a bit of a glow to her eye in the images as well. Also got in so good dry brushing and wash practice, and am very pleased with the results.

Time will tell if I end up liking the chest mods or not, and I might redo them or remove them eventually, but I am pleased with how she came out, was really only about a 1 day custom.


=========================================================

dude this has got to be one of your best customs by far!! really amazing now i know what to do w/ my spare droids haha!!! female droids excellent!!!
User avatar
By DanOfTheDead
#73115
Image
Okay, tried something different with her robo-bewbs. I like this much better, not as exaggerated or angled.

I'll redo her glamor shots, but I'm calling her done now.
By LukeSprywalker
#73130
Awesome shedroid Dan. I have to admit I liked her "cans" the way they were. The new version is good and the old one looked kinda odd...but in a good way. More nostalgic to me. Still a great droid though.
User avatar
By JediJman
#73136
LukeSprywalker wrote:Awesome shedroid Dan. I have to admit I liked her "cans" the way they were. The new version is good and the old one looked kinda odd...but in a good way. More nostalgic to me. Still a great droid though.


I like the new one better - there was something really odd about the way they looked sliced off. :shock: Well done sir!
By stocos28
#73140
I'm loving the robo-chick. Here's what will probably be my last entry for this yak-finities. She's a Human Female Mandalorian that I named Ra'el Krask of the Krask Clan. I did a new armor chest sculpt and gauntlet sculpt. Her gauntlet saber blade is removeable as well.

Image
Image
Image
Image

And here's a pic of my 4 Mando-Chicks!

Image
By Darth Phantom
#73168
Mike,

I really like all of your female Mandos. The sculpted armour, gauntlets and additional accessories are great
and make them unique Warriors in the rows of Mando fighters.
The Twi'lek Mando is definitely my favourite as even the sculpted mask looks perfect for her.
But the purple Mando is not bad either. Especially the blade gauntlets make her look not only sexy but also
dangerous (a real naughty girl) :wink:

The GI Joe "Ripcord" shoulder pads work really well for Mandos.
I think I will try to make a Dr. Demagol v.3.0 where I am going to add these kind of shoulder pads, too.
Thanks for a great idea.
By Nelya
#73257
Hello,

I'm not a regular poster, but usually lurk around and really enjoy all the great customs that are posted here.
These contest are very fun, and though I never got anything done in time before. As for the custom,
I wanted to do this for a while but I guess I needed the additional motivation of this contest to get it done.
Since it is a crossover 'females' is probably the only category that will fit for her. I don't know if anyone
actually recognizes the character as it is not 1:1 but rather a "how could she look in Star Wars" version...

Image

Head, torso, hips, upper arms - Sigel Dare
Legs - Darth Talon
Lower Arms - Deena Shan( Stealth armor )
Skirt-thingy - Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars Animated)

( I might exchange the arms as the ellbow joints are giving me a headache ... everytime I move her arms the paint is gone afterwards...)

- Nelya
By mercuryartstudios
#73262
Nelya wrote:Hello,

I'm not a regular poster, but usually lurk around and really enjoy all the great customs that are posted here.
These contest are very fun, and though I never got anything done in time before. As for the custom,
I wanted to do this for a while but I guess I needed the additional motivation of this contest to get it done.
Since it is a crossover 'females' is probably the only category that will fit for her. I don't know if anyone
actually recognizes the character as it is not 1:1 but rather a "how could she look in Star Wars" version...

Image

Head, torso, hips, upper arms - Sigel Dare
Legs - Darth Talon
Lower Arms - Deena Shan( Stealth armor )
Skirt-thingy - Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars Animated)

( I might exchange the arms as the ellbow joints are giving me a headache ... everytime I move her arms the paint is gone afterwards...)

- Nelya

===================================================

Hey buddy as far as the paint rubbing goes, if you customize full time, i would invest in a dremmel and choose a small bit to grind those joints down, if you are worried about breaking the elbows or joints just use a blow dryer and heat up those joints until they are soft then POP or u can heat up some water and do the BOIL AND POP TECHNIQUE. hope this helps in the future take care and nice custom.
By jlw515
#73310
DanOfTheDead wrote:So many awesome additions this month. I've got one or two more, but here's my latest:

ImageImage

Now, her... ahem... enhancements came out more exaggerated than I expected. Half the time I look at this figure, I think they look okay, then I think they look comically large. Oh well.

The entire figure is a Clone Wars C-3P0, shoulders converted to bewbs, torso sanded and slimed, and head modified.

I was exposed to the work of artist Hajime Sorayama at a ripe young age, and while I don't find his work especially enticing, he did seem to pioneer a lot of things and images that are now cliche in sci-fi. And though I've never seen it, the Metropolis robot was also an inspiration, which seems fitting as I believe it was also the basis of 3P0's initial designs. I added a bit of a glow to her eye in the images as well. Also got in so good dry brushing and wash practice, and am very pleased with the results.

Time will tell if I end up liking the chest mods or not, and I might redo them or remove them eventually, but I am pleased with how she came out, was really only about a 1 day custom.


Awesome custom!! Very Metropolis looking (a movie WAAAYY ahead of its time)!! But I want to know more about the diorama!! I think you told me before, but tell me AGAIN where you got those pieces to that diorama!! Thanks.

Jason
By mercuryartstudios
#73327
mercuryartstudios wrote:THIS IS ONE OF MY FEMALE ENTRIES FOR THIS MONTH PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR MORE

JEDI MASTER VERGERE (YES SHE IS A SHE) LOL!! ENJOY

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

======================================================

here is my second post ladies and gents!!

Darth Phobos

she is really basic and easy to make! this figure was commissioned first about 6 or 8 months ago been a while so i decided to make another just for this contest, i resculpted the hair made look bigger giving that real 80's style and a custom made lightsaber.


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

I hope you guys enjoyed her, i am also adding a couple more femme fatale this week Tahiri Veila dark side and SECRET FIGURE dedicated to yakface so keep an eye out.

============================================================================================
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 13
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Not having a Disney version to compare it to the […]

That looks awesome. Nice work!

Loving the H2 droid. That's great work and very e[…]

The newest addition to my mudtrooper squadron: &qu[…]

Here are 4 droids. The first 2 are sentry class dr[…]

i found a patrol trooper at gamestop too.. probab[…]

WOW!!! That is one fantastic diorama. It looks so […]

Custom 8" Neca Predators

Just finished with this lovely repaint of the Engi[…]