Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

DanOfTheDead wrote:Very cool! Your part selection on both figures makes them very believable as the same character... they're both thin and gaunt. Even the two very different head sculpts work well as opposite sides of the same coin!

Thought I should reply to this one in particular, as I had a really tough time with finding something that seemed to match the Sith. I made him first, then realized I did not have a plan at all for the Jedi version of him. Luckily I still had one of those Evolutions bodies left over. I think I need to invest in one more of those Evolution sets if I can find one for a good price, the fodder in it is great.

:wink:
I'm running into a similar problem. I've got my figures mostly parted out, but I can't decide how to handle the heads... trying to decide if my "dark side" head looks enough like the "light side" version. :)

The Secret Apprentice set was one of the greatest things that has ever happened to customizers, imho. :P So much new fodder in one box!
Yeah, three new figures, all with completely new and unique parts and pieces. What a great set that was. I regret not picking up a few more.

In regards to your figures, I think that could be a problem a lot of us are going to face... this is actually one of the more difficult Yakfinities so far in my opinion, and why I voted for a different category. I have a feeling participation will be lower, but I have not doubt the ones that are made are going to be a lot of fun.

For anyone that needs ideas, maybe look at some existing characters from the films. Suppose a character in the films had gone bad? What if Obi Wan had turned to the dark side? Or if Yoda did? Or possibly if a character like Mace Windu had lived, but then turned evil?

So many different possibilities. I hope to come up with at least one more character for this one, it's a fun "what if" theme.

:wink:
Jedi Markus was one of the many Jedi that left the order with Count Dooku. Markus thought that Dooku could help him perfect his skills to become a better Jedi. Afters years learning under Dooku, Markus fell futher towards the Dark Side.

Head-G.I. Joe Hannibal
Body-Secret Apprentice
Lower arms- Anakin (Unkown which one)

One night many of Dooku's followers thought they could take the Jedi Temple. After a long battle Markus was seriuosly injured. Upon returning to Dooku, Markus was thrown out on his own. Dooku considered him weak with this defeat. Markus felt he could not return to the Order so he lived out his days as a mercenary.

Head-ROC doctor
Body-Secret Apprentice
All cloth came from Vader Kama's
Hey guys! Great work so far. Hope to see more people participating!

Here are my contributions to the light side/dark side contest:

Light Side/Dark Side Palpatine

Recipes:

(A) Grey Jedi Palpatine
Head: ROTS "Supreme Chancellor Palpatine"
Arms, legs: ROTS "Kit Fisto"
Torso, lower robe: TAC comic pack "A'Sharad Hett"
Hands: fodder parts

(B) Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
Whole figure: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (simple repaint)

(C) Emperor Palpatine
Torso, arms, legs, robe: Harry Potter toyline "Lord Voldemort"
Head, hands: TLC "Emperor Palpatine"
Hood: ROTS "Emperor Palpatine"

(D) Clone Emperor Palpatine
Head: TLC Comic pack "Clone Emperor Palpatine"
Torso: TAC "Darth Revan"
Upper arms: ROTS "Mas Amedda"
Lower arms: TAC comic pack "Vilmarh Grahrk"
Legs: TAC Evolutions "Mandalore"
Robe: ROTS "Supreme Chancellor Palpatine"
Collar: TLC Evolutions "Darth Bane"
Lower Robe: TPM "Darth Maul"
Shoulder pads: Narnia toyline "King Miraz"

Light Side/Dark Side Secret Apprentice

Recipes:

(A) Standard Secret Apprentice
Head: Mandalorian Multi pack "Llats Ward"
Torso, upper arms, upper legs, lower robe#1, neck plate: TAC Evolutions "Secret Apprentice"
Lower arms: TAC comic pack "Quinlan Vos"
Lower robe#2: POTF2 "Boussh"
Lower legs: VOTC "Tusken Raider"
Belts: from various weapons

(B) Raxus Prime Secret Apprentice
Head, torso, arms, legs, lower robe#1: TAC Evolutions "Secret Apprentice"
Lower robe#2: POTF2 "Pot Snitkin"
Scarf: TAC "Elis Helrot" (x2)

(C) Felucia Secret Apprentice
- eBay purchase (recipe unknown) -

(D) Dark Side Secret Apprentice
Whole figure: TAC Evolutions "Sith Lord"
Left shoulder pad: POTF2 "Gamorrean Guard"
Right shoulder pad: ROTS "Clone Trooper" (spikes sculpted)

(E) Light Side Secret Apprentice
Head, torso, legs, lower robe#1: TAC Evolutions "Jedi Knight"
Arms: TLC "Emperor Palpatine"
Hands: ROTS "Clone Trooper"
Lower robe#2: POTJ "Darth Vader Dagobah"
Hood: TAC "Darth Revan"

The Force Unleashed Duelists

Notes:
- Kazdan Paratus was made by friend and fellow customizer Jackoftradze
- Shaak Ti was made by friend and fellow customizer Incom
Really great work on those secret apprentice figures - they are so scene specific and the detailing and battle deco is nice. It was also interesting to see a figure from the Harry Potter line converted into a SW figure - other than being a bit tall, the flow of the robes do help to capture the look of the emperor.
YAK_Chewie wrote:Can you share some close ups of these? I am blown away. :shock:

No sooner said than done:

Clone Emperor Palpatine

Grey Jedi Palpatine

Emperor Palpatine

Kazdan Paratus (by Jackoftradze)

Secret Apprentice Dark Side

Secret Apprentice Light Side

Secret Apprentice Felucia (eBay purchase)

Secret Apprentice Raxus Prime

Secret Apprentice Standard
Hey ladies and gents!!

First off happy thanksgiving to everyone and to those who dont celebrate it well hope you had a nice day!

It's been a while since i posted anything i have been busy with the holidays and all.

So anyway my choice was very simple at first i wanted to create a BADASS character Like jacen solo and his fall into darth caedus but i have done it many times in the past so i wanted something a bit more fresh.

Well last month my dear friend Stefan in germany known too many as darth phantom...commissioned a Cade skywalker in sith armor PERFECT IDEA!!! We all have got to love that character! Cade is always in turmoil, trying to hide who he really is, constantly fighting with his feelings & emotions and Has those crazy SITHY EYES like BANTHA RAWK would say Reminds me of DEADPOOL in many ways and very much of myself! probably my favorite character in the expanded universe PERIOD and of course the flea infested whiphid with that freakin' sweet hat which needs no mention...i finished Stefans Cade and decided to make 2 more One coatless Cade to show off the tatoos and one more sith armor cade which both have been thrown into my secret stash.

So here you have him Dark side & lightside Cade skywalker.

Hope you guys enjoy and stay tuned for my next post.

Cheers!

Mike M.

Head - resculpted dark knight Joker
body - cade skywalker comic
arms - upper arms - stormshadow shirtless 25th
lower arms - stormshadow 25th & shipwreck 25th
gloves - tomax or xamot 25th
hands - fodder
Armor re-sculpted with aves and used dragonscale black with black gloss for his armor model master paint.

here a couple of reference photos taken from my comic book these are for you who would like to recreate the same figure and have the tattoos as reference.

You my friend are a customizing machine. I don't[…]

Oh my gosh, that is terrible!!!! I have always tho[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Ah, the Battle of Jabiim! What a fun story arc t[…]

ProCreate is good. Not brittle at all. Thank you b[…]

I noticed on the Shadow Trooper, his left knee is […]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

vikingrobot informed me late last night that Wal[…]

I can always a fan of your customs. These droids[…]

Wow. It is wild to see a new Enloe head. Big step[…]