Image Image Image Image Image

YAKFINITIES #33 - Feral Droids

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

YAKFINITIES #33 - Feral Droids

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:52 pm

The top vote getter for YAKFINITIES #33 is FERAL DROIDS. And here are the voting results (edit 01/01/2010).

Creatures (any non-sentient creature) - 4 (13%)
Order 66 Survivors (anyone who survived a clone ambush) - 3 (10%)
Grey Jedi (any Jedi who have started to slip toward the Dark Side) - 1 (3%)
Swoop Bikers (any character that rides some sort of speeder bike) 4 (13%)
Feral Droids (droids that have gone berserk who hunt down sentient beings) - 8 (26%)
Non Clone Soldiers (any sort of soldiers that are not Clone troopers OR Stormtroopers) - 5 (16%)
Create your own scene, playset or diorama (has to incorporate more than just a figure, must have scenery included) - (19%)

Customs of FERAL DROIDS will be accepted through the end of February and as usual we'll have around 5 figures as a giveaway for a couple random winners. Here's a little background on what Feral Droids, courtesty of Wookieepedia:

The feral droids were droids that—according to legend—would kill sentient beings. This legend would be proven true by Jax Pavan and his band of friends. The deranged machines resided in and near a Droid Factory in the Factory District, an abandoned district on Coruscant that had fallen into disrepair after industry moved to other planets. Mostly older construction and wrecking droids, they had been left behind after the desertion of the district.

Centuries before Jax Pavan came to the Factory District, it had been abandoned, and around that that time, droids began to degenerate into a feral state. Many were destroyed when Falleen Prince Xizor's lab, which was in the droid plant many of the feral droids resided in, exploded. Many droids probably survived as well, and also probably continued to haunt the Factory District.

Feral droids could look like anything, because that term described any droid in the Factory District that would kill a sentient being. However, some of the BXL labor droids that Jax Pavan encountered had modified themselves in unusual ways. One had Plasticine tubing with multicolored fluids in it added to it, another had lights that ran up and down its arms and blinked on and off randomly, and the third had tall, thin vanes protruding from its head that ran electric discharges between each arm. All had antiquated electronic devices welded to them at seemingly indiscriminate spots.

Droids that became feral would attack any sentient being, and output random Binary. They appeared to destroy random machinery, including Xizor's lab. They would literally rip apart sentients; they did this in the lab, beheading a Drall scientist, and splattering Human and Aqualish blood all over the walls.

The most popular theory on the droids behavior was a worm or virus that had transformed their core programming and turned them into slaughtering monsters. The sentient droid I-5YQ theorized that extended exposure to the radiation of Xizor's labs reactor core had driven them mad.

Happy Customizing everyone, this should be a fun Yakfinities!

:wink:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Re: YAKFINITIES #33 - Discussion

Postby darth_sidious » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:14 pm

How about an animated character in realistic form? Whether it be from the CW cartoon, Holiday Special cartoon, or either of the Ewoks / Droids series.
Ars30
Scavenger

Postby Ars30 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:25 am

I Like The Medics Theme
Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to? _ George Carlin
DanOfTheDead

Postby DanOfTheDead » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm having fun with the Padawans I'm working on, Padawans and other Star Wars Kids could be fun.

Kind of have to be creative with parts though.
mercuryartstudios

Postby mercuryartstudios » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:31 pm

I like the order 66 survivors, however why not make it order 66 and clone wars diseased? this would give everyone a star wars history and character lesson.

i also like the make cartoon characters into real life form either way both sound good.

How about make video game and comic book related characters?

or

how about different era characters from kotor all the way to legacy?

we also have to take into consideration feral droids as well.
Lance Quazar
Teras Kasi

Postby Lance Quazar » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

It seems too early to do another Jedi theme after "Dark Side/Light Side."

How about politicians/aristocrats?

What about bringing back rejected concepts from previous finities to vote again? The diorama piece idea sounded very cool, for example.
Mister_Master
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Mister_Master » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:00 am

I like the feral droids idea from last month.
Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am

Lance Quazar wrote:
What about bringing back rejected concepts from previous finities to vote again? The diorama piece idea sounded very cool, for example.

My thoughts exactly. With 32 (!) Yakfinities already, there should be plenty of "leftovers" to choose from. I say, put all no.2's from the previous YFs in a hat, draw five and put those in the poll? Minus the ones we already had of course.

Order 66 survivors was #2 by the way, #1 was Hybrid Stormtroopers :wink:
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
LukeSprywalker
Scavenger

Postby LukeSprywalker » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 pm

I am once again trying to push CREATURES for the next one. I don't think it has been done yet.
mercuryartstudios

Postby mercuryartstudios » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:59 pm

great ideas everyone!!

I honestly that would be our best bet, put together the last 5 2nd places.

but lets hear some more thoughts we might find a topic that can spice things up a bit.
lugo_matapollos
Scavenger

Postby lugo_matapollos » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:16 pm

I have never entered in this toppics before, but how about swoop bikers???
I like the idea of customizing beasts to...
visit us at our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SWCCMTY-Star-W ... 2/?fref=ts
Que tu hermana me acompañe.
Sargent Fang
Jedi Templar

Postby Sargent Fang » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:32 am

How about Non Clone soldiers? or maybe Hunter Killer's? Droid's/Clone's specializing in Killing enemy Officers?
Jedi_knight_Cenvax
Grey One

Postby Jedi_knight_Cenvax » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:19 pm

how about grey jedi,they are pretty awesome to me,thats why i am doing a photonovel on one.because they have no rules and boundaries of the force,as the dark and light side are limited to the good and bad side of force powers,grey jedi have a choice of all powers.
mercuryartstudios

Postby mercuryartstudios » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:55 pm

O.k seems like alot of peeps is wanting another JEDI or LIGHTSABER THEME of some sort, lets see what we can do here.

CHEWIE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Return to “YAKfinities”