Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By hyperdrive
Thanks for the kind words everybody. I forgot to mention that many of you probably know me by my former name outrider/slave1jango. CHEWIE, I don't know about that. You've done fine fine works for many years. I've been working on a Wattos shop diorama for over a year and believe it or not I was working on a swoop for the diorama when I noticed this new Yakfinities challenge. I hope to finish the diorama within the next month and this swoop will be featured in the diorama.
By Luke Sprywalker
That is awesome Hyperdrive! What a great design with the flashlight and fodder parts cobbled together. This is one bad ass swoop and rider with a Harley vibe and I'm feelin it.The Crystal Skull is brilliant and makes me smile a bit. The led really puts it over the top.Thanks for showing us how the Rankor keeper gets to work! Great job!
By DanOfTheDead
hyperdrive wrote:Hey everybody,

AWESOME SWOOP BIKES!!! Totally awesome. Also the figures look great. In my opinion swoops are one of the best class of vehicle in the Star Wars universe. The Devoronian with the purple twi-lek is an outstanding set with that awesome swoop. Could you identify the parts used in that one?

The Paper Mache swoop is just awesome. I love the length and the style of the bike. Outstanding handlebars as well

The Mando bike and pilot are simply awesome! I love the paintwork on that set. Also the rifle in rifle case looks great.

The "Xizor" swoop is fantastic, you say it was made years ago, well it gets better with age, I love the rear if the swoop. I like the seat and rear engines. Very nicely done

I can no longer deny my love and adoration for custom swoop bikes. I'll throw my hat into the ring with this one. As you can see, I added some LED lights in the engine compartment as well as a headlight. The swoop itself was made from a flashlight, a fat body magic marker, bionicle parts and some custom doo-dads and some other stuff that I made. The seat was a no-big deal custom sculpt. Also I finally put to use one of those awesome crystal skull artifact pieces from the Indy line to use. I really wanted to capture a Hell's Angels kind of look with this guy. I hope you like it

I think the best and most impressive part of this is that you didn't use any sort of recognizable swoop/speeder/motorcycle as the base. I would never have known if you hadn't had told us how you made it. It's SO creative, love it!
By Incom
hyperdrive wrote:Thanks for the kind words everybody. I forgot to mention that many of you probably know me by my former name outrider/slave1jango. CHEWIE, I don't know about that. You've done fine fine works for many years. I've been working on a Wattos shop diorama for over a year and believe it or not I was working on a swoop for the diorama when I noticed this new Yakfinities challenge. I hope to finish the diorama within the next month and this swoop will be featured in the diorama.

I still remember you as Legolas77 in the days at TheJawa, Paul! To quote our beloved friend-turned-traitor-turned-friend Lando: "How ya doiiiiiiin'?!"

Awesome way to make a comeback of some kind, Paul, that has got to be the most creative use of random parts I've seen in a long time!
By Sith'ari
Hey everyone, here is my entry for this Yakfinities....

A female Chiss and swoop.
I had loads of good ideas for styles of bikers but I decided to go for the biker chick look.

By Incom
hyperdrive wrote:So where is your entry old friend? To steal a quote from Mr. Olivander From Harry Potter "we're expecting great things from you...great things"

Working on it, pal. It's gonna be a retired Weequay swoop racer, complete with racing jacket (all logo'ed up) and his trusty sports racer (not so shiny anymore, of course).
By hyperdrive
That swoop looks great Sith'ari. It's very cool how that modified scout trooper bike looks like a customized post Empire relic. It looks like it was scavenged after some battle to create a new rogue swoop. It's is the essence of the OT SW movie style.

Also, somehow-even though she's blue, there's an Agent Scully look to her,and that can only be a good thing. Very realistic looking figure, almost like a model. very well done.
Last edited by hyperdrive on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hyperdrive
I prefer your all grey swoop to the factory red version. The weathering/rust deco looks great. Also Jixx looks like a hardy tough guy. Well done on him. If only we could get get a group photo of these swoop bikers huh?
By darth naes
Again, WOW!!! Luke that Mando looks great from the paint apps to the general design. Lugo, great job with the Falleen. You don't see enough of those. Hyperdrive, your biker and the swoop itself are great. Sith'ari, that Chiss is great and your swoop looks classic. Delaton, for a simple repaint you managed to create a great looking custom.
By darth naes
Here is another part of the gang to go with Korr and Azenna. Doya De Erte, aka "Dirty", is of the same species as Yoda. Relatively young at 350 years old, he acts as Korrs' personal mechanic when Korr can't work on the swoops himself. Having been around for a while, he has a great knowledge of swoops and weapons.

Parts are:

Jacket- Indiana Jones

Mullet- Greeda

Rest - Yoda
Attachments
DSCN1118.JPG
DSCN1118.JPG (185.14 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
DSCN1117.JPG
DSCN1117.JPG (161.04 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

I agree with Lance and Jodo here, that there is a […]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing