Image Image Image Image Image

YAKFINITIES #37 - Movie Crossovers

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

mercuryartstudios

Re: YAKFINITIES #37 - MOVIE CROSSOVERS

Postby mercuryartstudios » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm

DanOfTheDead wrote:
mercuryartstudios wrote:TO DANOFTHEDEAD!!

Will we see a group shot of all the LABYRINTH cross-overs? would be awesome to see them all together.

Can't refuse a request like that.

The Jedi and Padawan are from last year, but I thought they worked well for their counterparts. I need to eventually get some of the really young Padawan figures from Ep II, as one of them would have worked even better, but I think this makes a good group shot.

Someone asked about a mount for Sird Idymus, and I really wanted to do one, but I couldn't think of one that would be the right size. That's one of the reasons I went with the Mandolorian angle for him, I figured he could have a malfunctioning jetpack instead of a disobedient steed.

Love, love, LOVE all the entires this round. Some really wonderful stuff!

Very cool dude!! a baby luke would be great to accompany the jedi babe! ;) Thanks for adding the group shot really cool of ya! As for something for IDYMUS to ride, a TUSKEN massiff could be cool from the EP2 saga figures or u could pimp out a scrub droid ;)

great entries dude!!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Naes and Chewie, glad you guys like it - I tried to give it the overall look and feel of Gorneesh, without making it look like a cartoon figure. The details took awhile to slap together, but I think the time was worth it, because I've always wanted a realistic Dulok - I guess crossbreeding it with Big Foot was the right move. :wink:

Dan, great customs from an equally great movie, it was certainly a good choice. :D I'd love to see someone do a crossover with the Dark Crystal as well!
lugo_matapollos
Scavenger

Postby lugo_matapollos » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:55 pm

darth_sidious wrote: I'd love to see someone do a crossover with the Dark Crystal as well!

a friend of mine has a really old custom of an elder characters in that movie, a guy with 4 arms, cant remember the movie quite well, I gess that I had to see it again. he made it with wire, paper mache and old rags. let me get in contact with him to get a picture for you guys.

about that ride for Idymus...how about a nexu?? I liked the idea the massif...there is some kind of creature that Talon Karde has for pets, it looks like a hiena or a big dog with a sting on his tail.

just an idea...do you remember those labrynt gate keepers that were poker cards? you could make some destroyer droid with two heads :x naaaa it doesnt sound cool
visit us at our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SWCCMTY-Star-W ... 2/?fref=ts
Que tu hermana me acompañe.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:47 am

Very cool - they are called the Mystics, I'd love to make some customs myself - Tera Sinube would make for a good crossover character, because he already looks like a Mystic.

I really enjoyed making King Gorneesh, so last night I decided to make another cartoon Ewok in realistic form - something Hasbro will probably never make - Asha. Asha and Kneesaa are sisters in the animated series, and she is one of very few Ewoks that has red fur:

Last edited by darth_sidious on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darth naes
Pod Racer

Postby darth naes » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:33 am

Asha came out really well darth_sidious!!! The soft goods look particularly good. Makes me want to watch the cartoon again.
darth naes
Pod Racer

Postby darth naes » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:49 am

After the battle of Geonosis, some of the surviving Jedi from the battle took time away to reflect on the impending war. One such Jedi was Jedi Knight J'onn Rambo. Rambo saw many friends die that day and though attachment is discouraged, he could not help but feel an overwhelming sense of guilt. Recounting the events to his mentor Master Rohm Kota:

Rambo: We were in this arena on Geonosis and these droids surrounded us, these super battle droids armed and bearing down on us. And they began firing on us. I said to myself, no. They kept firin', yeah, and Master Joey said "Yeah." And I went to cut a couple of of them down, and they was wired, and when Master Joey hit them they blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's screaming. There's pieces of him all over me, just...
[Takes off his bandolier]
Rambo: like this, and I'm tryin' to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm tryin' to hold him together! I'm puttin'... the guy's insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He's saying, sayin' "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" He keeps calling my name! "I wanna go home, J'onny! I wanna drive my T-16! " I said "With what? I can't find your legs! I can't find your legs!"

Gave him a beard since he is a Jedi and the crossbow instead of a bow. Rambo: First Droid
Attachments
IMG_7237.JPG
IMG_7237.JPG (189.91 KiB) Viewed 824 times
Darth_Cuddles
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth_Cuddles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:34 am

First of all, Dan, I love the Labirynth group shot, they're all so awesome!

darth_sidious, I really like King Gorneesh and Asha, particularly Gorneesh! I always like it when people make animated characters into realistic form! :wink:

darth naes, brilliant, great idea for a crossover! He even looks like Stallone! :D
Do not underestimate the power of the Cuddly Side!

My friend's webcomic that's out of this world, check it out - if you dare!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks guys - Naes, I knew that was Rambo the second the picture popped up without even reading the backstory - it looks just like him, and your take on him is really cool - I also like the idea of making mods to the bowcaster. :wink:
mercuryartstudios

Postby mercuryartstudios » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:58 am

hey guys i will be posting my entry for this yakfinities tomorrow!! This has been one of the best YAKFINITIES EVER!! GREAT WORK EVERYBODY!!
mercuryartstudios

Postby mercuryartstudios » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Hey Guy's!! Finally made it!!

So many of you know i'm going back to my roots, customizing COMICS BOOK CHARACTERS & 6 INCH CUSTOMS AGAIN!! Don't call me a traitor thats what really got me into customizing lol!!!! So once the contest started i knew it would be a tough one especially because of the topic and all the great customizers chiming in!! I made room in hectic schedule to hit up a few contests and finally made it into another great yakfinities!!!

Since i been customizing alot of Comic book characters i decided to cross over IRON MAN 2 the movie & CLONE WARS TOGETHER the result was simple!! Very few modifications were needed & in my opinion, it worked quite out well, I gave him some really nice weathered effects, rust, mudd stuff like that!! Just to give him the feel of BOTH GENERE

Hope you Guys enjoy!!! Because this custom is NOT FOR SALE!! It will be given away in the SECRET SANTA EXCHANGE this DECEMBER, so if u like him theonly way to get a chance at it is by signing up for the exchange ;)

But now...

I present to you....

WAR-TROOPER D.0.B 10-14-10

Recipe:

head- 06 saga endor trooper
helmet-clone trooper
gatling gun- warmachine
body- iron monger 3 3/4 inch
wings-resolute duke
chest piece- asajj ventres comic pack

Hope you guys like him!!
Darth_Cuddles
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth_Cuddles » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Wow mercuryartstudios, I'm liking WAR-TROOPER very much! I like the choice of head for 'Rhodey', really looks the part!

mercuryartstudios

Postby mercuryartstudios » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:12 pm

Darth_Cuddles wrote:Wow mercuryartstudios, I'm liking WAR-TROOPER very much! I like the choice of head for 'Rhodey', really looks the part!

Thanks man! Glad u liked him! He was definetly fun to make.
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:30 pm

From far across the universe, this virtually invincible creature's power in the force is complemented by vicious natural weapons at its disposal: a deadly whipping tail which can impale an enemy, tremendous physical strength including claws that could scratch through any armor, as well as a jaw that can deliver lethal blow to an opponent's skull.

But the Sith were interested in this most viscous, most amoral practitioner of the Force and trained him as best they could, even as some of its own unique skills were far deadlier and far more vicious than a light saber or a force crush could ever be.

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.photonovelalliance.com
The Guardians of Peace and Justice
Episode iii: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
Darth_Cuddles
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth_Cuddles » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:09 am

That is brilliant, Darth Kikinou, I never would have thought of that particular combination! I've got that Alien figure somewhere, I'll have to try and dig him up sometime... :D

Darth Bobo
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Darth Bobo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:09 pm

mercuryartstudios - Very Cool trooper. I am working on a Hazard trooper based on the iron mongen body.

Darth Kikinou - A Darth Xenomorph, a Very Scary thought. Great job.

Return to “YAKfinities”