Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

User avatar
By YAK_Chewie
#107143
Edited 12.31.11

I received an email asking if we could extend this another day, I see no problem with that. So the new deadline is 11:59 PM CST Sunday, Jan 1.

Image

Voting has concluded - the theme will be Mirrored Reflections.

Cantina Type Aliens - 7 Votes (26%)
Beasts or Creatures - 1 Vote (4%)
Prisoners - 1 Vote (4%)
Episode One Characters - 0 Votes (0%)
Medics (droids, humans, etc.) - 4 Votes (15%)
Non-Military Public Service (Firefighters, Peace Officers, etc.) - 5 Votes (19%)
Death Troopers (doesn't have to be Stormtroopers, just inspired by the novel) - 1 Vote (4%)
Mirrored Reflections of Primary Characters (Yoda as a Sith, Palpatine as a Jedi, etc.) - 8 Votes (30%)

This Yakfinities will begin on Sunday, October 1st. Entries will be accepted through 11:59 PM CST Sunday, Jan 1.

:wink:
User avatar
By darth_sidious
#107146
Chewie - it would be easier when coming up with ideas if all the old threads from previous contests still had their names in the title, instead of just "winners declared"... we could scroll through them and see what has and hasnt been done recently. Many of us have been here for years, and at this point, might need a reminder or two. :wink:
User avatar
By mrhoppers819
#107154
RC 0379 Marev wrote:I don't know if i would dig a Darth Maul centric thing, but the premise is interesting...Like mirrored reflections of primary characters from the two trilogies....Sith Obi Wan or Jedi Dooku, Darth Yoda vs. Master Palpatine...Herioc Wat tambor and Evil Queen Amidala.

Love it!!! I'd go for that!!!
User avatar
By Darth Kikinou
#107156
I like the darth maul idea. he had so little screen time we only got to see him in his one sith outfit.

how about a custom mini-rig with figure, just like the retail line? a small custom vehicle with driver / pilot.

other ideas:
- prisoners (with uniform)
- wookiees (customize a chewie to be a generic warrior / kashyyyk citizen)
- comfort women
- jedi fighting on behalf of the separatists (not fallen to dark side, just politically aligned with confederacy, maybe unaware that count dooku is a sith lord?)
User avatar
By ghostskull18
#107171
mrhoppers819 wrote:
RC 0379 Marev wrote:I don't know if i would dig a Darth Maul centric thing, but the premise is interesting...Like mirrored reflections of primary characters from the two trilogies....Sith Obi Wan or Jedi Dooku, Darth Yoda vs. Master Palpatine...Herioc Wat tambor and Evil Queen Amidala.

Love it!!! I'd go for that!!!


I like that Idea 2! :wink:
User avatar
By Orangepeace
#107173
Hmm... opposite paralel SW universe figs interesting. Though has Yakfinites ever had a Passenger, Tourist, or Vacation SW fig contest? I mean I'd love see someone try the put a Neimodian in an old timey red/white swimsuit. :lol:

Though here's some others-

SW EU Animals, create your own beast!
Imperial Women
Sepratist Battle Droids (Fan-Fic)
Cannon Turrents, How big is your defense!
I'll add more when I think of more.
User avatar
By darth_sidious
#107183
Beasts / creatures has been voted on a number of times, but has yet to snag a win - it would be great to do a round of those, since it has not been done before.

A Darth Maul or even general TPM theme would be cool with the 3-D release coming next year, but if its Maul only, I fear the theme wont be broad enough, and participation might go down. Perhaps a TPM challenge would be best to encompass all those characters?

PS: thanks Chewie. :wink:
User avatar
By RC 0379 Marev
#107216
Orangepeace wrote:Hmm... opposite paralel SW universe figs interesting. Though has Yakfinites ever had a Passenger, Tourist, or Vacation SW fig contest? I mean I'd love see someone try the put a Neimodian in an old timey red/white swimsuit. :lol:

Though here's some others-

SW EU Animals, create your own beast!
Imperial Women
Sepratist Battle Droids (Fan-Fic)
Cannon Turrents, How big is your defense!
I'll add more when I think of more.


SW EU Animals, create your own beast! - this could be interesting, depending on what fodder you could scare up!

Imperial Women - Eh, I doubt i would get into this one myself...it feels weird to force a gender on something to me.

Sepratist Battle Droids (Fan-Fic) - I would dig this too! I love robots, and for a mostly droid army, you'd think there would be more specialized units.

Cannon Turrents, How big is your defense! - eh, i think i would also pass on this one too, as it feels more like a vehicle challenge and i can think of more fun vehicles to cobble together than turrets and static defensive/offensive emplacements.
User avatar
By RC 0379 Marev
#107218
Darth Kikinou wrote:I like the darth maul idea. he had so little screen time we only got to see him in his one sith outfit.

how about a custom mini-rig with figure, just like the retail line? a small custom vehicle with driver / pilot.

other ideas:
- prisoners (with uniform)
- wookiees (customize a chewie to be a generic warrior / kashyyyk citizen)
- comfort women
- jedi fighting on behalf of the separatists (not fallen to dark side, just politically aligned with confederacy, maybe unaware that count dooku is a sith lord?)



- prisoners (with uniform) - i don't know about this one...seems like it would be kind of confining for alot of folks.
- wookiees (customize a chewie to be a generic warrior / kashyyyk citizen) - i would be down for this, love wooks!
- comfort women - hmmm, would very much pass on this one..it's forced gender, and it's kind of a skeevy catagory to me. to each their own though.
- jedi fighting on behalf of the separatists (not fallen to dark side, just politically aligned with confederacy, maybe unaware that count dooku is a sith lord?) - Do we have any examples of this, because i was under the impression that they become "fallen" jedi once they go against the order...Maybe not full on servants of the darkside, but the door to that has been opened. I would be very interested in "Fallen" Jedi who serve the confederacy or perhaps have been seduced to serving Palpatine or Dooku during the conflict.
User avatar
By darth_sidious
#107222
I'm not sure a specific gender is a bad thing, in 2009 we had a "Ladies of Star Wars" challenge which was a big success - and a lot of members wanted to make customs of women because Hasbro was skipping a number of them. As for 'comfort women' though, I assume this means galactic hookers? lol If so, that wouldnt really be an appropriate theme anyway...
User avatar
By RC 0379 Marev
#107228
darth_sidious wrote:I'm not sure a specific gender is a bad thing, in 2009 we had a "Ladies of Star Wars" challenge which was a big success - and a lot of members wanted to make customs of women because Hasbro was skipping a number of them. As for 'comfort women' though, I assume this means galactic hookers? lol If so, that wouldnt really be an appropriate theme anyway...


Actually, not hookers. Hookers get paid. traditionally, comfort women were women who were "Drafted" into 'servicing' servicement. basically, they were forced into sexual slavery.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8
SDCC 2019

The Hasbro panel and following slide show reveals […]

This contest is off to a great start. Some amazing[…]

Yakfinities #72 - Desert Dwellers

Congratulations on a great contest everyone, there[…]

Hasbro Pulse teasing?

Hmmm... I know they have a page dedicating their p[…]

Community fodder box...

Thank you Utinniii, Super excited this has starte[…]

TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

You know, I really feel that they could have blown[…]

Ligulatechans are relatives to Affytechans with th[…]

A-Wing Pilots Here are some customs from six yea[…]