Image Image Image Image Image

Yakfinities # 42 - Mirrored Reflections

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Yakfinities # 42 - Mirrored Reflections

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:54 pm

darth_sidious wrote:I just wrapped my submission - my theme was if Mon Mothma turned to the darkside instead of being the leader of the New Republic. I used elements from the Nightsisters, Farscape, and even the evil queen from Sleeping Beauty to create this Sith Empress!

HOLY CRAP!

That's got to be one of the scariest looking customs I've ever seen anyone make. I love it! Wow, wow, wow!!!!

:wink:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Rune Haako wrote:Jedi Master/General Qymaen jai Sheelal

I'll try to get better pics later. ;)

Very cool figure - love the creativity! Definitely share some more pics if you can!

darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Thanks Ghostskull and Chewie - I really tried to combine a lot of elements to create an ultimate villain.
botwt
Moisture Farmer

Postby botwt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Mon Mothma really came out nice!! :D
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////â• []={]|||[}[___][}
darthcrassus
Nerf Herder

Postby darthcrassus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Here is one of my entries for the contest. It's Bastila Shan as a Sith Apprentice. OK, perhaps not technically from a mirror Star Wars because in KOTOR Bastila actually did go over to the Dark Side briefly. Still, I had an extra Bastila and I wanted to make the figure. The color scheme is basically the same as Shan's Sith robes in the game.

Unfortunately, you can't really appreciate the slight shades of color in the paint job because 1) my apartment has horrible lighting, and 2) I only have my old iPhone for a camera. Still, I hope you enjoy it.

I have a few other EU mirror universe characters, and I'll post them when I get time.

UPDATE: I changed the photos. These are a bit better in brighter light. It's a bit more apparent that her outfit isn't black.
Attachments
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG (39.22 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
photo 2-1.JPG
photo 2-1.JPG (43.33 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Last edited by darthcrassus on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit Darth Crassus Customs on Facebook for more of my custom Star Wars figures (https://www.facebook.com/darthcrassuscustoms)
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:03 am

Welcome to the forums darthcrassus - that's awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Any plans to maybe make her face look a bit more evil? Perhaps dark under her eyes or something? Just an idea - either way, it looks great.

Orangepeace
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Orangepeace » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Awesome customs everyone!!!

Hey, YAK_Chewie. Did you receive my PM or email for the other contest? I know it's improper to ask here, but I need to know for confirmation that you got my info.
darthcrassus
Nerf Herder

Postby darthcrassus » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:35 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Welcome to the forums darthcrassus - that's awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Any plans to maybe make her face look a bit more evil? Perhaps dark under her eyes or something? Just an idea - either way, it looks great.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, actually I did think about it and I haven't quite decided yet whether to do it or not. I based the figure primarily off the KOTOR game version of Bastila as a Sith apprentice and in the game her face doesn't look any more evil than normal. However, I agree with you that it might look cool - and probably more in-character for a Sith. In fact, I've used a similar technique for my custom Darth Plagueis figure to give his skin a pale bluish pall based on the cover of James Luceno's new book (happy to post pictures if folks are interested in seeing how he came out). I might try it on Bastila, but at the risk of not being 100% faithful to the game.
Visit Darth Crassus Customs on Facebook for more of my custom Star Wars figures (https://www.facebook.com/darthcrassuscustoms)
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:10 am

Orangepeace wrote:Awesome customs everyone!!!

Hey, YAK_Chewie. Did you receive my PM or email for the other contest? I know it's improper to ask here, but I need to know for confirmation that you got my info.

Yep - found it this morning in my junk box... I was going to send you a PM this week, did not realize that my yahoo account had filtered it there. I should be able to get everyone's figures mailed this week.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:11 am

darthcrassus wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:Welcome to the forums darthcrassus - that's awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, actually I did think about it and I haven't quite decided yet whether to do it or not. I based the figure primarily off the KOTOR game version of Bastila as a Sith apprentice and in the game her face doesn't look any more evil than normal. However, I agree with you that it might look cool - and probably more in-character for a Sith. In fact, I've used a similar technique for my custom Darth Plagueis figure to give his skin a pale bluish pall based on the cover of James Luceno's new book (happy to post pictures if folks are interested in seeing how he came out). I might try it on Bastila, but at the risk of not being 100% faithful to the game.

Oh, she's great either way... but please do start a customizing thread with your customs in it in our customizing section. Would love to see what else you've made!

Orangepeace
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Orangepeace » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:17 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:
Orangepeace wrote:Awesome customs everyone!!!

Yep - found it this morning in my junk box... I was going to send you a PM this week, did not realize that my yahoo account had filtered it there. I should be able to get everyone's figures mailed this week.

Thank the Maker!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:03 pm

I'm hoping that things slow down a bit after Halloween... I'd like to make a few more classic OT figures to match my Luke, Obi Wan and Vader.

DanOfTheDead

Postby DanOfTheDead » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Having a hard time coming up with ideas... maybe I could try some gender-swaps? Female Vader or Fett or some such? Love what everyone's been showing so far!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:09 pm

Some other ideas to help spark some submissions...

- Spaceballs counterparts
- Superhero counterparts
- real world military gear (Imperials as Nazis, Rebels as Allies)

Of course, Luke as a Sith, Palpatine as a hero - that kind of concept I'm sure we'll see some of. I just tried to go with something a little different with mine... I'd like to make some Stormtroopers with the medieval theme; I think I have a decent idea in mind for that?

DanOfTheDead

Postby DanOfTheDead » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:49 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:Some other ideas to help spark some submissions...

- Spaceballs counterparts
- Superhero counterparts
- real world military gear (Imperials as Nazis, Rebels as Allies)

Of course, Luke as a Sith, Palpatine as a hero - that kind of concept I'm sure we'll see some of. I just tried to go with something a little different with mine... I'd like to make some Stormtroopers with the medieval theme; I think I have a decent idea in mind for that?

I've had a Super-Hero/Star Wars mash-up I've been toying with, might be time to take a crack at finishing him, good call.

I've got the Ezio figure from Assassin's Creed by my desk, and it seems like if you replaced the red parts with black and gave him some sort of mask, he could make a good fantasy style Storm Trooper. :)

Return to “YAKfinities”