Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By jedistyle
great looking entries so far. the great thing about a theme like cantina deziens is that is so broad and diverse everyone really gets alot of directions they can go in. well i dont remember the last time i did a yakfinities, but seeing as im trying to get back into the hobby i figure i may as well jump in to this one, so here goes......

Hobel Zool - A hybrid spieces of unknow origins, Hobel Zool makes his living as a spy and informant for everyone ranging from Government officials, Arttifact collectors and even Bounty Hunters, who ever pays best earns his services. Hobel spends alot of his time in cantinas where drinking patrons with loose lips make collecting of information all more easy......

-Hobel meetting with some of his more infamous and unsavery clients.....
By darthcrassus
hyperdrive wrote:Here is my third entry for the Yakfinities: Cantina Denizens project. You may know him as Momaw Nadon but to me he will be HAMMERHEAD till the day I die. I tried something new here, I made two distinct outfits, one in the movie accurate brown top and one which is a tribute to the vintage hammerhead figure which has that aqua blue jumper. I couldn't resist the opportunity to create an outfit based on a unique vintage figure. As you can see, all of the pieces are interchangeable so you can mix and match his clothing for different looks. Everything is hand made as always and the figure was built on a ultra articluated figure base from a Marvel Universe figure. I sanded it down as usual to get the fabric to lay right, the belts and everything is made from vinyl. This piece features a working buckle as well.

Here is a mixed top and bottom....you get the idea

Here is a group shot of some scum and villany

WOW. I have to admit I'm not easily impressed with custom figures, but this guy is incredible! The clothes fit him perfectly! I would love it if Hasbro picked up on this idea and made a few of the main characters with complete soft goods clothes. I'd love to see that Hammerhead mass-produced. Job well done.

Only question is - how does Hammerhead get his feet in the pants? :o
By YAK_Chewie
jedistyle wrote:great looking entries so far. the great thing about a theme like cantina deziens is that is so broad and diverse everyone really gets alot of directions they can go in. well i dont remember the last time i did a yakfinities, but seeing as im trying to get back into the hobby i figure i may as well jump in to this one, so here goes......

Hobel Zool - A hybrid spieces of unknow origins, Hobel Zool makes his living as a spy and informant for everyone ranging from Government officials, Arttifact collectors and even Bounty Hunters, who ever pays best earns his services. Hobel spends alot of his time in cantinas where drinking patrons with loose lips make collecting of information all more easy......

-Hobel meetting with some of his more infamous and unsavery clients.....

Just as much as the figure, I love the background you made - the different layers of depth to the wall really make it stand out and seem more realistic.

:wink:
By leebo
My first entry here on yakface,
Silva Depop, local trader of goods. Sometimes takes on local transport requests. Likes to drop by the cantina after a hard day of work.

Made of:
cantina table set Ponda Baba head
jabba skiff gunner's hat/helmet
anakin skywalker naboo pilot arms/torso
jedi (i think the rodian) legs
Hope you enjoy!
By YAK_Chewie
leebo wrote:My first entry here on yakface,
Silva Depop, local trader of goods. Sometimes takes on local transport requests. Likes to drop by the cantina after a hard day of work.

Made of:
cantina table set Ponda Baba head
jabba skiff gunner's hat/helmet
anakin skywalker naboo pilot arms/torso
jedi (i think the rodian) legs
Hope you enjoy!

That's cool, very nice use of parts. Thanks for adding an entry, I like it!

By drod26
Silva Depop looks great.. The helmet is a nice touch for this guy.. I can totally picture him as a trader .. :D

Hobel Zool - the spy informant fits right in the Cantina theme. The colors combo on the blue torso looks great.

All these entries is modivating me to finish up my two other customs. :wink:
Last edited by drod26 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By drod26
Here are two more denizens..
Meet Sniv and Moidi..
Sniv is a collector and merchant and always looking for the rareness artifacts
Moidi is an ex-pod racer.. After his glorious days he became a race sponsor and engine engineer..

See more of them in my custom thread.
Attachments
custom - cantina_denizen01r.jpg
custom - cantina_denizen01r.jpg (168.51 KiB) Viewed 3477 times
custom - cantina_denizen02r.jpg
custom - cantina_denizen02r.jpg (129.54 KiB) Viewed 3477 times
By YAK_Chewie
drod - Those are amazing - I can't believe how fantastic of a customizer you've become in such a short time. One would think you've been doing this for the past decade!

ghostskull - Now that's something I've never seen, a Duros with hair! It really turned out good - I could definitely see this alien knocking a few cold ones back at a bar like the Outlander club.

I make stuff too!

Great stuff here! Lots of great use of parts and […]

Community fodder box...

Thanks for letting us know. Even though it'll be […]

I knocked out bunch of customs over the past coupl[…]

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)