Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Knauer
The figure is a G.I. Joe scarlet.

I made the outfit by first "liberating" a spool of ribbon from my wife's craft box. :wink: After cutting it to shape I started painting. It took about four or five coats of paint before the fabric starts to take the consistency of thin rubbery plastic allowing the figure to retain some articulation. (I used the same technique for making flags for my Warhammer army.)

She looks pretty good to the naked eye, but I absolutely cringe looking at the buttons and collar in the picture. I couldn't find anything that would make adequate buttons in my bits box, so I tried hand painting them on. I'll most likely take her off the shelf in the next few days and try cleaning her up a bit.

Wish me luck!!! :lol:
By UKHistory
snaggle 3.jpg
snaggle 3.jpg (57.69 KiB) Viewed 1490 times

Here are a couple photographs I "hope" I am sharing with you all. It is my interpretation of the snivvian costume not really seen save for still shots from Cloud City. The figure was created by combining the following parts:

head: bust-up snaggle tooth
arms: Snivvian Power of the Force 2 three pack late 1990s
upper torso: Planet of the apes female figure
lower torso: part of the POFT Monmothma salt shaker
Cape: vintage general Lando
Attachments
bespin snaggle tooth1.jpg
bespin snaggle tooth1.jpg (65.49 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
Last edited by UKHistory on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By UKHistory
Yeah Chewie! I figured out how to post pictures!
zeltron gambler 2.jpg
zeltron gambler 2.jpg (54.62 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
I really am an 8 track guy in an ipod playing world.

This is a Zeltron gambler. I really enjoyed the Green Lantern and have been a big fan of the action figure line as excellent additions to Star Wars customs.

Head: Sinestro
Torso: Peasant Anakin circa 2002
Arms: Dragonheart Bowen
Legs: Chancellor Valorum
glass: slave leia
By UKHistory
Here is last custom for the day for Cloud City. It is a Weequay Heiress.
weequay 1.jpg
weequay 1.jpg (21.92 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
weequay 3.jpg
weequay 3.jpg (44.55 KiB) Viewed 1489 times

She is made from a Trigate/Slayer Design Studio. I think the sculptor's handle is Ben. The actual head is a farscape figure but as I hope you can see, painting the head brown makes her look like a weequay.

The body is an Elizabeth Swan pirate and her hair (I may need to post another message) is glued on hair from different doll figure. I would recomment the tassels off of a an over priced book mark also can serve as weequay hair or the hair of a tonnika sister.

Hope you enjoy. I have two more I will add I hope tomorrow. One is a Bespin guard and the other is a Cloud city businessman (he may or may not be a Green Lantern).

Take care everyone.
By UKHistory
Two more shots of my Zeltron and Weequay (fingers crossed)
weequay 2.jpg
weequay 2.jpg (33.31 KiB) Viewed 1488 times

The camera shows that I might have matted down the hair and glue a little too thick but I like have the Weequay Heiress with a thick head of those dreads. Here is closer mug shot of the gambler.
zeltron 4.jpg
zeltron 4.jpg (19.84 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
By UKHistory
OK I have the hang of it and I can't stop. : )
snaggle 4.jpg
snaggle 4.jpg (62.05 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
Here is a comparison with the actual costume from Empire...
bespin snaggie 2.jpg
bespin snaggie 2.jpg (6.87 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
By Knauer
Those look great!!

I love the "lady snaggletooth"! If I remember correctly, I had a colouring book with her in it when I was a kid. I always looked for her in the film, but was never able to find her. Ah, I thank you for the trip down nostalgia lane!

Great work!
By UKHistory
Thanks Chewie. That means a lot coming from you. Snaggie has been in my heart to make for a while. This contest pushed me to finish her up.

For me it was a great lesson in selecting cheap fodder wisely. I bought that planet of the apes torso more for the flag that came with it than the figure. But I kept the figure and as I looked at the torso I thought I might have something there.

The anakin peasant torso, both the 2002 version and the one from late 2011, is a really undervalued figure. I don't know many peasants that wear a double breasted vest and an ascot. That smells like money to me. I highly recommend folks look at that figure as one to use for making customs of senators, executives, or affluent nobles from the OTC or the prequels. With paint and a cape or long coat it won't look the same at all.

This has been a lot of fun to take the pictures and post them here. Now that I know (sort of) what I am doing I will share more.
By Knauer
I just got a HUGE shipment of fodder in the mail today from Darth Kikinou , so I couldn't help but to set up a silly display. Please excuse my immaturity, it's just been one of those morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, if anyone is in need of parts and fodder check out what Darth Kikinou has viewtopic.php?f=67&t=6928

His prices are great and his shipping was amazingly fast. I can't thank him enough!
Attachments
offduty.jpg
Note that Lando's Rodian security guard is enjoying a Pepsi. If you are going to drink, please drink responsibly and have a designated driver......works every time.
offduty.jpg (137.63 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
Last edited by Knauer on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knauer wrote:I just got a HUGE shipment of fodder in the mail today from Darth Kikinou , so I couldn't help but to set up a silly display. Please excuse my immaturity, it's just been one of those morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, if anyone is in need of parts and fodder check out what Darth Kikinou has viewtopic.php?f=67&t=6928

His prices are great and his shipping was amazingly fast. I can't thank him enough!

Awesome pic, I laughed out loud. :)

:wink:

Thanks for sharing! They look great. :wink:

The upgrade to the AT-DP is incredible and the pil[…]

Yak's Top Ten Discussion Thread

I may switch to every two weeks for the 2019 round[…]

There are so many New to choose from, but this is[…]

Wow! Another awesome batch of customs! Especiall[…]

Buildings, Bunkers and Bases

Wow! Those turbolaser towers and shield generator[…]

A second Mimban Stormtrooper has been added to my […]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS