Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Which type of custom should be the theme for Yakfinities #48?

Space Pirates
32%
RPG Characters
4%
Alien Rebel Forces
8%
Sith Lords / Warriors
No votes
0%
Clone Wars Characters
36%
Order 66 Survivors / Jedi in Hiding
20%
By ARC13Bullseye
Nice Cut Lequane, the soft goods clothing is excellent, looks more like the real version clone wars figures that they did in TVC as opposed to an animated style probably because you used the darth maul body, splendid work. Keep up the good job :)
By r1g4r3po
ok i'm ready to start revealing my next wave of 6. I'll start w/ Suu Lawquane
suu lawquane.jpg
suu lawquane.jpg (65.95 KiB) Viewed 1993 times

(her hubby is planned but didn't make the "Cut" for wave 4 ..need a few ideal parts first)
coming soon for wave 4...a jedi, a clone, a droid, a bad-@$$ fan fave or 2.....
By r1g4r3po
...and here's the Jedi.......
s anakin.jpg
s anakin.jpg (83.42 KiB) Viewed 1987 times

YES another CW Anakin, but this time the bandaged/ injured one from season 1 or 2 (i forget) w/ a somewhat realistic face. I had a spare CW anakin w/o head and some sort of mini bust, not sure from where, but it was same size as a 3.75" figure's head. The shirt was doctored since i had cut it apart. Found the front pice and added a trimmed Rev Balor skirt for the back. Originally the anakin was planned for another custom but it didnt work as well as i had thought so I had to repaint it back to Anakin's colors as close as I could. Looking at the posted pic, the left arm could be painted darker shade, looks a bit close to flesh and the two greys look almost the same in pic, must been the flash, because the shoulder armor should be abit more metallic. And YES i think I finally found a decent flesh tone paint (had to redo repaint the neck). But overall, I am happy w/ this one despite it's Anakin

BTW...bandages are simply white duck tape, helps hold the skirt on as well
By hyperdrive
darth_sidious wrote:Fantastic and creative work all around!

I decided to make a character that Hasbro neglected in the CW animated line - Adi Gallia. I wanted a cartoon version of her for my Jedi Council, so I decided to make one. Softgoods clothing in this tiny scale was a bit of hassle, but I was able to come up with two layers of different fabric to make it look like a Jedi tunic. Here is how she turned out:

This is awesome! Great character. always loved her design, your custom is well crafted and well executed. Happy to see Adi getting some Clone Wars love
By ARC13Bullseye
r1g4r3po wrote:...and here's the Jedi.......
s anakin.jpg

YES another CW Anakin, but this time the bandaged/ injured one from season 1 or 2 (i forget) w/ a somewhat realistic face. I had a spare CW anakin w/o head and some sort of mini bust, not sure from where, but it was same size as a 3.75" figure's head. The shirt was doctored since i had cut it apart. Found the front pice and added a trimmed Rev Balor skirt for the back. Originally the anakin was planned for another custom but it didnt work as well as i had thought so I had to repaint it back to Anakin's colors as close as I could. Looking at the posted pic, the left arm could be painted darker shade, looks a bit close to flesh and the two greys look almost the same in pic, must been the flash, because the shoulder armor should be abit more metallic. And YES i think I finally found a decent flesh tone paint (had to redo repaint the neck). But overall, I am happy w/ this one despite it's Anakin

BTW...bandages are simply white duck tape, helps hold the skirt on as well

Great job on both Ani and Suu. Your prototypes on all the characters is great, I especially enjoy your massif clone ?k-9? Trooper, another example of how much hasbro missed the boat on easy repaint figures they could have made and everyone would have bought multiples. We get a Toys R Us exclusive Kul Teska that in my opinion was a horrible choice for an exclusive character, how awesome would an exclusive Pong Krell have been instead- about the same size and instead of seeing 20+ clogging the shelves that summer I bet Krell would have sold out every shipment. Keep up the great efforts r1g4, your enthusiasm continues to show us just how wrong hasbro was to cancel this fantastic line and source of unlimited potential for characters.
By r1g4r3po
thanks for the complements ARC, I'm on wave 4 now and i made lists for maybe 7 or 8 waves lol. I mentioned 1 or 2 bad-@$$ fan-faves and while waiting for a coat to dry on the next clone, I threw random parts together and a bad-@$$ fan fave i mentioned before is close to complete..took maybe 5 min. She should be ready in a day or 2 to post even though not 100% screen accurate but...still cool, i need to rewatch a few episodes she was in to tweek the figure bit, i know i need to repaint legs and get my phone/camera reconfigured to my pc. I used to email pics to myself via phone, it was faster, but have issues w/ yahoo mail lately.
oh i made an error in Anakin's description, the skirt was technically Isabet Reau's, not Rav Balor's but they may have used same skirt anyway
By ARC13Bullseye
Wow!!! DarthDaddy you never cease to amaze!! A spectacular Ione, perfect representation of a great character. That was one of my favorite episodes that season, the "dinosaur" Jedi was awesome, his lightsaber cane was such a great aspect for the venerable Jedi Master. I'd love to find a way to make a figure of him. Your Ione is a fantastic representation and looks great all around.

The republic battle droid is a great idea and shows just how easy it would have been for hasbro to do a couple repaints and give us collectors everything we need for a Citadel set, the droids along with an animated Tarkin would be a fabulous battle pack, I mean how hard would it be for hasbro to tweak an existing Tarkin head to make it an animated style and stick it on a Yularen body??? Voila- a new figure everyone would buy, very low production and tooling cost and we'd all be happy. Oh well, good job on your battle droid!!

Keep up all the good work everyone, MTFBWY!!!
By darth_sidious
I agree - great work keeps getting posted - love the variety of characters - several that I never expected to see.

I'm glad you like Adi Gallia, she is a character I would have loved to see in animated form as well! Shame we've yet to see Oppo Rancisis in the series either (maybe in the bonus content though) - as he would have been the last Jedi Council member after Adi...

That looks awesome. Nice work!

Loving the H2 droid. That's great work and very e[…]

The newest addition to my mudtrooper squadron: &qu[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Not having a Disney version to compare it to the […]

Here are 4 droids. The first 2 are sentry class dr[…]

i found a patrol trooper at gamestop too.. probab[…]

WOW!!! That is one fantastic diorama. It looks so […]

Custom 8" Neca Predators

Just finished with this lovely repaint of the Engi[…]