Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Time to announce the Grand Prize Winner(s)!

After a very tough vote, the Yakface Staff could not decide on one single winner. We felt that we had to go wtih two winners. This was not expected, so we felt it would only be fair to double up on the Grand Prize. So both winners will EACH receive the Droid Factory Wave... and those winners are:

- Cane Adiss by Sjefke
- Ewoks by Darth Daddy

Great work by both of you, and everyone who took part in Yakfinities #50! There were quite a few other entries that had consideration for this too - this was tough! I'm glad that these are usually random prize winners only!

If you can both PM me your shipping details, I will get your prizes sent off in the next week.

Everyone else... sit tight! In a couple days we'll conclude with the complete Roundup Report, as well as the 3 RANDOM PRIZE WINNERS.

:wink:
Sjefke, if I was one of the judges for this contest you totally would have taken the prize all by yourself and there would be no tie. Your Cane Adiss action figure is my pick for Star Wars custom action figure of the year! What I wouldn't give to have that action figure! The amount of articulation you added to that figure was just astounding and well appreciated. You should definitely mold and cast your headsculpts. I really love how you documented your entire process. So much work went into it, but it totally paid off. I tip my hat.

Can't tell you what an honor it is to win the Grand Prize at Yakfinities #50 :shock: ! I'm on CLoud 9 :D This is the first forum I ever started showing my figures in and this win will always hold a lot of sentimental value for me. Especially because it was #50! So many amazing entries from so many talented artists. Can't wait to see the round up report!

I bet you Remco's happy. He owns the winning pair :wink: *Remco - Makes me feel a little less guilty that I was so late getting those Ewoks done now that they were the Yakfinities #50. Makes me feel like I at least sent you something prize worthy after all that procrastination.
Last edited by DarthDaddy on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DarthDaddy wrote:Sjefke, if I was one of the judges for this contest you totally would have taken the prize. Your Cane Adiss action figure is my pick for Star Wars custom action figure of the year! What I wouldn't give to have that action figure! The amount of articulation you added to that figure was just astounding and well appreciated. You should definitely mold and cast your headsculpts. I really love how you documented your entire process. So much work went into it, but it totally paid off. I tip my hat.

Can't tell you what an honor it is to win the Grand Prize at Yakfinities #50 :shock: ! I'm on CLoud 9 :D This is the first forum I ever started showing my figures in and this win will always hold a lot of sentimental value for me. Especially because it was #50! So many amazing entries from so many talented artists. Can't wait to see the round up report!

I bet you Remco's happy. He owns the winning pair :wink:

Well deserved!

And just for clarification in case there is any confusion, Sjefke is also walking away as a dual Grand Prize Winner for his Cane Adiss.

YAK_Chewie wrote:
DarthDaddy wrote:Sjefke, if I was one of the judges for this contest you totally would have taken the prize. Your Cane Adiss action figure is my pick for Star Wars custom action figure of the year! What I wouldn't give to have that action figure! The amount of articulation you added to that figure was just astounding and well appreciated. You should definitely mold and cast your headsculpts. I really love how you documented your entire process. So much work went into it, but it totally paid off. I tip my hat.

I bet you Remco's happy. He owns the winning pair :wink:

Well deserved!

And just for clarification in case there is any confusion, Sjefke is also walking away as a dual Grand Prize Winner for his Cane Adiss.

I understood. Just bad writing on my part. I wasn't clear enough with what I was saying. I should have wrote, "Sjefke, if I was one of the judges for this contest you totally would have taken the prize all by yourself and there would be no tie."
Congrats guys! Really amazing work by you guys and everyone else for that matter! Really awesome entries by everyone who participated. Also very cool of you guys to add a second prize. Congrats to everyone on Yakfinities #50.
By Evilivo
Congratulations, guys, you both deserved it! These Ewoks stole my heart early in the competition and I predicted (as everyone else) that this titanic custom of Cane Adiss should be the winner :) But there were lots of other great entries, so it must have been really hard for the judges, I assume :) But I'm happy that my favourites won :)
Alright guys -- thank you for your patience on the Roundup Report!

As we know, Sjefke and Darth Daddy were declared the GRAND PRIZE WINNERS... so EACH are receiving this:

Now... for the entire roundup...

We had well over 100 entries... which is just insane... you guys really stepped up to the plate. The volume and quality of these works is just breathtaking!

Without further delay, our RANDOM WINNERS are as follows:

Random Winner #1 - darth crassus
Random Winner #2 - darth apathy
Random Winner #3 - Evilivo

Below are the figures to choose from... darth crassus, you should post in this thread which two you want first. Then darth apathy, you post in this thread which one you want. The remaining figure goes to Evilivo. We will ship the figures to you sometime in the next 30 days.

After you have made your selections in this thread, please PM me your shipping address via the PM feature here in our forums.

Thank you everyone for making this so successful! And Yakfinities #51 is already underway, those details are HERE.

SPECIAL NOTE: There were some "digital mockups" shown in this Yakfinities too - which our members are more than encouraged to show off... but for all intents and purposes, only physical customs will be eligible for prizes/included in the Roundup Reports. Similar to past customs - if you show something that you made before this contest started, it is not included in the prize pool or Roundup Report.

By Sjefke

Well deserved!

YAK_Chewie wrote:And just for clarification in case there is any confusion, Sjefke is also walking away as a dual Grand Prize Winner for his Cane Adiss.

Thank you Yak Chewie and everyone on Yakface. What an honor

Darth Daddy, thank you too. I'm a relative newcomer to customs and certainly to Yakface, but I've admired your customs for ages.
I will try to make some head molds. I've tried a couple of human heads, but they're not very good. If somebody can talk me thru it or suggest a good tutorial, I'll give it a go. I can show how to make the necks. It's not that hard, but it requires an unlikely piece of fodder, a bendy arm from a reading lamp. I'd love to see other customizers' take on the body. If you're interested in the bronto look, I'd suggest scoring a Hobbit Warg action figure.

R2-SNE4 "Sunny" "Sunny" is t[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Rebel Alliance droids of Flare Base (group one) […]

Wow! The detail work on LL-3PO is fantastic. I re[…]

Man, that Jawa Scout Crawler is a great looking ve[…]

Whoa. That's really nice stuff. :wink:

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Picked up my fourth and final Gamorrean Guard this[…]

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Definite Buy: Beckett and Val Probable Buy: L3 a[…]

Community fodder box...

I messaged you my address man! And thank you every[…]