Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By Fritzkrieg
Been very busy latelty and have had very little time to work on customs, but I thought it would be fun to through together a couple of Pirates for this Yakfinities.

Space Pirates
By darthapathy
my kind of scum-Fantastic group of privateers. I too am curious about the walls and floor you have as the background. I am also curious about the towers. Are they supposed to be vaporators? Where did they come from?

Fritzkrieg Nice job on your pirate pair. Do you have a recipe for them? I recognize some of the parts but not all of them.
By YAK_Chewie
Wow guys, I love these latest entries.

my kind of scum - Talk about a great group of figures, awesome variety and all that. Mai Horkliss and the protocol droid are my favorites of the group, they look awesome. The satchel on the droid is a wonderful touch!! This is a very fun squad of pirates for sure, I feel like their deserve their own Dark Horse comics adaptation! Oh, and check out our front page too.

Fritzkrieg - It's always a pleasure to see your work, old friend. I've been a fan of your customs for what feels like forever now. I love the human pirate you made, what a fantastic mix of parts. It all comes together so well.

:wink:
By my kind of scum
Thanks for the kind words (and the front page - I'm humbled)!

The walls are Gundam bases - http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-TT-MECHANIC ... 232c0e91b1 They're an affordable, modular system. Quite cool, in my opinion. I keep meaning to paint them, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

The towers are made of pieces from a model kit that I bought a long time ago. If I can remember what it was, I will post again - it was just full of industrial looking greeblies, so I had to have it for backgrounds.
By JawaKing
It has been a while since I've completed any customs, but I couldn't pass this up! This is Captain A'Rrg, a pirate, smuggler and slave trader. His Droid is R7-RS (nicknamed "Arse".) Captain A'Rrg and Arse are currently smuggling and slaving in a pirated Starspeeder 1000.
Attachments
cptarrg3.jpg
cptarrg2.jpg
cptarrg2.jpg (55.07 KiB) Viewed 4786 times
cptarrg.jpg
cptarrg.jpg (33.9 KiB) Viewed 4786 times
By YAK_Chewie
The Roundup Report is complete! Please see below for all the entries, and which random winners we have this round!

Without further delay, our RANDOM WINNERS are as follows:

1 - darth apathy
2 - my kind of scum
3 - Fritzkrieg

Below are the figures to choose from... darth apathy, you should post in this thread which two you want first. Then my kind of scum, you post in this thread which ones you want. The remaining two go to Fritzkrieg. I will ship the figures to you loose sometime in the next 30 days. NOTE - the Stormtroopers are the SAGA LEGENDS 5POA version.

After you have made your selections in this thread, please PM me your shipping address here in the forums.

Thank you everyone for making this yet another successful Customizing Challenge; by my count we had 50 entries! And Yakfinities #52 is already underway, those details are HERE.

By Evilivo
It was another great round with some verycool entries - I've cast my eye on some of them to make myself later :) Congratulations to the winners!
By darthapathy
Wow!! This was another great round of customizing. There were a lot of fantastic entries. Since I missed out on snagging the Amazon exclusive set when it was ridiculously cheap, I am going to go with the TIE Pilot and FA-4. Thanks again.
By YAK_Chewie
I'm going to start announcing my top "favorite" entries too...

Rancorscat - If I was judging this rather than random winners, I would have easily chosen your entries for a prize. They look sinister and tough - and love the swoops. You put a lot of effort into these and it shows.

mousedroidhoojib - Those "vintage" customs are amazing. And I don't even collect vintage stuff! Those honestly blow me away though. Wow.

my kind of scum - I like your customs a lot - especially the lead girl and the purple droid. They are just awesome; I always enjoy your creativity.

Fritzkrieg - Your human pirate is just fantastic. The user of parts and creativity here are off the chart. I love this look and might borrow some of this for a future Rykrof Enloe custom.

darth apathy - That black droid is just stellar! I love it.

tsunamijohnny - Your human pirate using the Nikto body looks fantastic. I think this is just stellar work and looks very natural using that head with those parts.

There were so many other great customs entered this round too, but those are the ones that stuck out as the most "memorable" and ones I'd possibly try and copy someday.

By darthapathy
I think it would be kind of fun to do an impromptu vote. Maybe show all the entries separately and maybe have it so someone can click on it or do a thumbs up just to see which ones people liked. Make it anonymous so no feelings would be hurt.

There were several fantastic entries.
By my kind of scum
Such an awesome roundup! There were so many great entries this time around.

Since Darth Apathy chose, I will take Neyo and one of the Stormies (will have to see what I think of one of these 5 poa stormies in hand...) Thanks!
I make stuff too!

Great stuff here! Lots of great use of parts and […]

Community fodder box...

Thanks for letting us know. Even though it'll be […]

I knocked out bunch of customs over the past coupl[…]

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]