9%
- Han Solo Variations
4%
- Maz Kanata's Pirates
35%
- Guavian Death Gang
No votes
0%
- Mashups (crossovers between species/different movie themes/etc)
22%
Appearing in Maz Kanata's Castle is an as-yet unnamed character designed by Glyn Dillon that The Art Of The Force Awakens refers to as "Old Trooper Barfly". The character wears a black Imperial era Stormtrooper helmet with the word "fear" printed across it in Aurebesh.

Reference, recipe and turnaround animation can be found in my customs thread.
Wearing a baffleweave pattern on her dress to confuse sensors, Bazine Netal sits alongside Grummgar at the entrance to Maz Kanata's castle. With a direct line of communication to the First Order, she is The Perfect Weapon to search for traiterous Stormtroopers and contraband droids.

Recipe, reference and turnaround animation can be found in my customs thread.
By Utinniii
BUB-0 conveys the dire situation to Lola, the Squib medic of the Natal.

Ary Anilow, ship’s navigator is on hand, getting treatment for his crying crustacean.

BUB-0, “Bub, bub *snict* bub”
Lola, “Really? Fuzzball too? Oh, no! I can’t help him…”

NEXT TIME: “Quick! We need Boba Vett!”

Recipes:
Lola is an Anime figure with a Greenstuff sculpted head. Thanks Starchaser for the inspiration. Her head grew as I made her so I may change her race to whatever Jaxxon was.

Ary Anilow is also sculpted with Greenstuff (both are among my first attempts at using it). I’m not sure what the figure is from. I got it in a bag of toys from a thrift shop the same day I first saw the Asty figure. I didn’t buy it since I was basically buying a figure just for the chin. Later I found the figure and thought I could do just as well.

The more astute among you will notice his name (like Asty) is based off a musician (actually, ALL the names so far are puns or word play).

Walls are Gluestick packaging trays with yogurt caps. Patterned Floor is made from take-away trays.

DISCLAIMER!: No action figures were harmed in the creation of Ham “Shovel Face” Single. The facial reconstruction is completely reversible (but Ham is loving his new look and doesn’t want to change back!) No worries Starchaser! Thanks for the lighting comment.

Jodo: Nice pirated pirate!
MDHJ: More Great soft goods!
mousedroidhoojib wrote:Appearing in Maz Kanata's Castle is an as-yet unnamed character designed by Glyn Dillon that The Art Of The Force Awakens refers to as "Old Trooper Barfly". The character wears a black Imperial era Stormtrooper helmet with the word "fear" printed across it in Aurebesh.

Reference, recipe and turnaround animation can be found in my customs thread.

Mouse, I came across the pix of the barfly this weekend and was thinking about creating one for the contest. Good job. I still might have to kitbash one for fun.

The book gave me a few other ideas.
Great entries so far, folks. Here's one I've cobbled together:

Velstigg Sarramsell:

Not so much a pirate as a business associate, Velstigg was formerly a competitive wrestler (Galactic Games champion twice) nick-named “Pillar,” and perhaps the only human to go up against a Wookie and not only survive but win. He now owns a small upscale private port on the Inner-Rim planet Nubia, called, not coincidentally, The Pillar. Services at The Pillar are top-notch, but they are also pricey, unless you happen to be a recipient of the “family discount” that Velstigg offers certain "close friends and associates." He is an affable person and a generous host, but don't cross him or he'll break you in two.

Recipe: Dwalin head; MU Doc Ock body; MU Thunderstrike vest;MU Beta Ray Bill legs
A true pirate this time:

Roca Nave, once upon a time a ship-mate of Sidon Ithano, he still practices piracy under the patronage of Maz Kanata:

Recipe: Body = Vizam; Chest armor = Imperial Gunner (Saga Collection); Head = Firefly figure; Helmet = an early 2000's GI Joe Swamp Rat
Those are some mighty fine submissions!
That "fake" Ithorian (Real Hammerheads have their mouths on the sides!) is waaaaaay better than the one I'm working on!

Bobba Vett to the rescue!

Galaxy’s best Veterinarian and award winning stylist. Will make your creature curl up and dye.

Always by her side, ever ready for a photo op, Dary the gog is ready to slobber.

Unfortunately, due to Furball’s physiology, Bobba needs the antidote to counteract the poison.

Recipe:
Vet figure + Fett helmet
Dary is a repainted toy with MM tongue. (Sorry Carrie!)
TFA Steelpecker and Clifbore worm made from Model Magic.
Other creatures are repainted toys.

NEXT TIME: Criss-cross double-cross! Ary and Lola sit down with Imp defectors to ascertain the secret lair of the Guavian Death Gang. Will their info lead them to the much-needed antidote or to their deaths?
By Utinniii
I hate this bird. I thought he would be an easy custom since I already had a mold that made crows. Stupid blighter broke on me at least 5 times. I even lost the downy hair for his crown right before I tried to glue it on.
I should have used Greenstuff (Then I could have cast as many as I wanted to later on).

Not only that, but the ugly bird even flew out of the previous pictures so even though I described him, he wasn't there.

Here's a shot with him in it. Unfortunately, for my story (yes my submissions are telling a story) Ham is in the shot (with an icepack on his head). After I took the shot, I decided that Ham shouldn't be ambulatory at the moment. The shot was also ruined by the shiny walls of Vett's clinic.

I'm a little disappointed no one seemed to get Ary's name, or asked about his crying crustacean (crab). It crawls up his leg and bawls!
By Utinniii
I recently found this photo. It is great for seeing relative scale and a few other details. I wish I had a better version to give though.
I can't wait until the DVD/Bluray release!

You my friend are a customizing machine. I don't[…]

Oh my gosh, that is terrible!!!! I have always tho[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Ah, the Battle of Jabiim! What a fun story arc t[…]

ProCreate is good. Not brittle at all. Thank you b[…]

I noticed on the Shadow Trooper, his left knee is […]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

vikingrobot informed me late last night that Wal[…]

I can always a fan of your customs. These droids[…]

Wow. It is wild to see a new Enloe head. Big step[…]