Image Image Image Image Image

Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Yakfinities #61 - Vote!

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:25 pm

Tribal Aliens
5
26%
Bipedal Droids
0
No votes
First Order Army Builders
0
No votes
Custom Dioramas (any size)
8
42%
Battlefield Medics/Surgeons
1
5%
Expanded Universe (pre-Disney)
5
26%
 
Total votes: 19
User avatar
Utinniii
Droid
Posts: 551
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:12 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby Utinniii » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Great contest everyone.

I'd like to give my choice to Jedi Patrick if he wants it. He needs some extra goodness in his life!
User avatar
darthapathy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:39 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby darthapathy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Congratulations to the winners. This was a very fun and challenging round of customs. There were a lot of fantastic entries.
User avatar
JediPatrick
Midi-Chlorian
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Blainville, Quebec (Canada)

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby JediPatrick » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Wow!! That's cool!!! Thanks a lot for this!

I'll choose Jyn Erso! I'm not really into 6 inches figures, but this is the only one from the Rogue One I wanted to buy eventually! So it's really welcome! :-) :-)

Again, thanks for this! I'll DM you my coordinates very shortly!
User avatar
JediPatrick
Midi-Chlorian
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Blainville, Quebec (Canada)

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby JediPatrick » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Utinniii wrote:Great contest everyone.

I'd like to give my choice to Jedi Patrick if he wants it. He needs some extra goodness in his life!


Hahaha! You're too kind! :) But honestly I'm not doing so bad on my end, it's all a question of letting go and accepting fate as it is. Things will get better sooner than later. :)
User avatar
Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:14 pm
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby Kovecs96 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:05 pm

I'm so honored!! And congrats to JediPatrick! Praying for you and your family, man.
I think I'll have to go with the Death Trooper. Thanks again! :)
User avatar
GrandMoffHux14
Droid
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:06 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:26 pm

You guys all did AMAZING!

I especially love the Jakku Assault diorama, by Jedi Patrick!

Great job once again! I might try my hand at a diorama in the future....We'll see!
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.


Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
User avatar
Trooper31
Pod Racer
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:25 am

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby Trooper31 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:51 am

Congrats to the winners. Lots of really cool dioramas in this round.
User avatar
Jodo
Force Sensitive
Posts: 2109
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:24 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby Jodo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:53 pm

Nice!!! Congrats guys!!!! :mrgreen: This was definitely an awesome focus for the competition!

Now to start thinking of viable EU characters to do...
Image
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
User avatar
JediPatrick
Midi-Chlorian
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Blainville, Quebec (Canada)

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby JediPatrick » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:32 pm

GrandMoffHux14 wrote:You guys all did AMAZING!

I especially love the Jakku Assault diorama, by Jedi Patrick!

Great job once again! I might try my hand at a diorama in the future....We'll see!


Thanks! I spent quite some time on the Dropship section and am proud of what it turns like with all the lights. The Village scene is halfway done, I will need some more time to complete it in the near future. Just trying to work out a nice Lor San Tekka custom figure to go with the scene. But the base material for this custom is coming my way through the mail, so I should be able to do it in the coming 2 weeks or so. :)

But in the meantime, I'm working on another setup. It involves Rey, the feet of a fallen AT-AT walker and some sand. :)
User avatar
Starchaser
Scavenger
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:45 am

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby Starchaser » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:46 pm

Hey all, congratulations to everyone who completed a diorama - or more than one: ). It was great to see everyone's work. A special congratulations to the winners.
OC47151
Midi-Chlorian
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby OC47151 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Great work, everyone. Congrats to the winners.
User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 23203
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:09 am

JediPatrick wrote:
Utinniii wrote:Great contest everyone.

I'd like to give my choice to Jedi Patrick if he wants it. He needs some extra goodness in his life!


Hahaha! You're too kind! :) But honestly I'm not doing so bad on my end, it's all a question of letting go and accepting fate as it is. Things will get better sooner than later. :)


I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. My heart goes out to you and yours. Recently one of my closest friends went through the hardship of losing his girlfriend to pancreatic cancer. Things things are very difficult for everyone in these situations and it's hard to understand why life deals such tough blows. The one stricken with the disease is not the only victim. It can be a helpless feeling for all. All we can do is show love and support for those dear to us during these times.

When you get a chance, please remember to PM me your shipping details so we can get your figure sent to you.
User avatar
JediPatrick
Midi-Chlorian
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Blainville, Quebec (Canada)

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby JediPatrick » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:22 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:
JediPatrick wrote:
Utinniii wrote:Great contest everyone.

I'd like to give my choice to Jedi Patrick if he wants it. He needs some extra goodness in his life!


Hahaha! You're too kind! :) But honestly I'm not doing so bad on my end, it's all a question of letting go and accepting fate as it is. Things will get better sooner than later. :)


I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. My heart goes out to you and yours. Recently one of my closest friends went through the hardship of losing his girlfriend to pancreatic cancer. Things things are very difficult for everyone in these situations and it's hard to understand why life deals such tough blows. The one stricken with the disease is not the only victim. It can be a helpless feeling for all. All we can do is show love and support for those dear to us during these times.

When you get a chance, please remember to PM me your shipping details so we can get your figure sent to you.


Thanks for the kind words. Cancer is a bitch, really, and I'm glad to say that my wife has apparently succeeded in getting rid of it. The tumor was completely gone halfway through her chemo-radiotherapy treatment, so it's a very good sign! We'll know for sure in the coming 3-6 months, after she gets the chance to have a full scan again, but according to her doctors, chances are very good she got rid of this once and for all!! :-)

So we're on the good side of things it seems. I just need to find myself a new job. Yes you read me right, it seems when you think you reach the bottom and think you cannot go deeper, life forces you to realize things could always be worse. LOL So, due to a restructuration, I lost my 14-years long job early last month. I received a compensation package sufficient to hold for the next 4-6 months, but I really need to find myself a new job else I'll be entering all the Yakfinities contests!!! :lol:

BTW, just sent you a PM. :)
User avatar
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin
Posts: 23203
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 4:18 am
Contact:

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:47 am

I'm glad that she has taken a turn for the better. Prayers that she kicks cancer for good. Best of luck with the work situation too; that's got to be extremely tough as well.

Also - anyone else who hasn't received their prize yet, please PM me so I can investigate.

Thank you.
User avatar
Kovecs96
Midi-Chlorian
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:14 pm
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby Kovecs96 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:20 pm

I still haven't received mine, but no need to rush! I see it as an awesome gift. Merry Christmas, y'all!

Return to “YAKfinities”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests