Expanded Universe (pre-Disney)
26%

Total votes: 19
Utinniii
Cantina Bartender

Re: Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS

Postby Utinniii » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Starchaser wrote:Hey All,
It's been great to see all the creative dioramas. Good job to everyone. Due to significant time constraints, I have not been able to build a dio. for this contest, even though I fully planned to participate. So... Bummer for me, kudos to you all. I hope to jump back in for this next contest.

That's too bad. Hopefully next time. What was your dio going to be?

I'd like to thank you for being the only person to actually comment on any of my dioramas. I appreciated it.
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:37 am

I guess I made it in the nick of time.

Desert Patrol

JediPatrick
Midi-Chlorian

Postby JediPatrick » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:33 pm

It's been great to see all the creative dioramas. Good job to everyone. Due to significant time constraints, I have not been able to build a dio. for this contest, even though I fully planned to participate. So... Bummer for me, kudos to you all. I hope to jump back in for this next contest.

JediPatrick - sorry to hear about the cancer woes. My sympathies to your family.

Thanks! My wife was handling her treatment very nicely this week, last week was a real nightmare as she was feeling tired all week long. But today, she had a very bad case of nausea, so I guess she had a 5-6 days of break. The mix of radiotherapy and chemotherapy is very tough for most patients. :/

But when it seems things couldn't go worse, they did yesterday morning: I lost my job. LOL Got fired due to a restructuration. I was the only income in the family, so it'll be tough. At least I received a compensation package, it will help go through the next 4-5 months, but past that I'll really need to start looking for a new job now... :cry:
OC47151
Midi-Chlorian

Postby OC47151 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:10 pm

When I saw the first teaser for Rogue One, I've focused on the scene where the captured Rebel pilots are led through the marketplace. Here's my interpretation.

Had fun with this competition. Once it's over, I will post some pix of other dioramas I've created.
Attachments
dio 1.JPG
dio 2.JPG
dio 3.JPG
OC47151
Midi-Chlorian

Postby OC47151 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:13 pm

A couple more pix.
Attachments
dio 7.JPG
dio 4.JPG
dio 6.JPG
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:52 pm

JediPatrick wrote:

JediPatrick - sorry to hear about the cancer woes. My sympathies to your family.

Thanks! My wife was handling her treatment very nicely this week, last week was a real nightmare as she was feeling tired all week long. But today, she had a very bad case of nausea, so I guess she had a 5-6 days of break. The mix of radiotherapy and chemotherapy is very tough for most patients. :/

But when it seems things couldn't go worse, they did yesterday morning: I lost my job. LOL Got fired due to a restructuration. I was the only income in the family, so it'll be tough. At least I received a compensation package, it will help go through the next 4-5 months, but past that I'll really need to start looking for a new job now... :cry:

Wow. :( I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts as you go through this difficult time.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
Starchaser
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Starchaser » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:51 am

Nice job on the trailer scene OC.

Sorry to hear about the job as well JediPatrick - when it rains, it pours (at least sometimes) - as the saying goes. Will pray for your family during this time.

Utinniii, thanks for the response. I am working on an archaeological dig site and on a forest environment. I will still get them done some day, just not in the next little while (will probably have to wait until after Christmas).
JediPatrick
Midi-Chlorian

Postby JediPatrick » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:45 am

Starchaser wrote:Nice job on the trailer scene OC.

Sorry to hear about the job as well JediPatrick - when it rains, it pours (at least sometimes) - as the saying goes. Will pray for your family during this time.

LOL Yeah, I know. I'll be back on my feet in no time, no worry. It's just a little funny that everything happens at the same time. My wife and I (really) laughed at it. Reaching the bottom can only mean one thing: the next move is to go up. That's the optimistic in me talking. Now I need to put my Jedi act together and start being mindful of the here and now. :P :lol:
Utinniii
Cantina Bartender

Postby Utinniii » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:08 pm

I've been there. The next couple of years might be rough, but it will get better. You also have an awesome positive attitude.

Nice marketplace! You now have a great place to display the next figures.
OC47151
Midi-Chlorian

Postby OC47151 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:07 am

Utinniii wrote:Nice marketplace! You now have a great place to display the next figures.

Thanks. I intend to put some RO figures in it.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:12 am

Awesome job on this everyone. Give me about a week and I'll have the roundup report ready.

:wink:
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 am

We absolutely don't have to count this as an entry, but here was the potential staging for my Yavin/ROTJ diorama. I had intended to do a grey flooring, and the stone backdrop. I simply didn't have time to do it. :(

Most of those figures and stuff would get robbed for my photonovel anyway, but at least this made them displayable.

Yavin1.jpg

Yavin2.jpg

Yavin3.jpg

Yavin6.jpg

yavin4.jpg

yavin 5.jpg
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
JediPatrick
Midi-Chlorian

Postby JediPatrick » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:24 am

OC47151 wrote:
Utinniii wrote:Nice marketplace! You now have a great place to display the next figures.

Thanks. I intend to put some RO figures in it.

Really like the marketplace idea! Adding the Rogue One figures (especially when Jyn and the gang will be available at Walmart in super articulated format) will definitely be a nice picture! Can't wait to see this movie! :-)
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:50 pm

Without further delay, here's the roundup report for Yakfinities #61 - CUSTOM DIORAMAS!

Well done, everyone. I hope I caught all the entries. The ones that I was certain were not eligible since they were made before this contest were excluded.

Winners are chosen at random, as always. Our winners are:

1 - Jedi Patrick
2 - Kovecs96
3 - Utinniii

A big thanks to Yak_Jayson for the prizes... below are the goodies to choose from... you each get ONE of the below 6" TBS figures.

Jedi Patrick, you should post in this thread which figure you want first.
Then Kovecs96, you post in this thread which figure you want.
The remaining figure goes to Utinniii.

NOTE - Please send a PM to me with your shipping details. We will be shipping your prizes sometime in the next 30 or so days. Anyone who does not select their prize within 30 days has their turn skipped.

:wink:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Nice round of dioramas, I wish I had the room to build some of the great scenes you guys have created. So many of them have excellent attention to detail, which captures the feel of the movies.

Return to “YAKfinities”