Image Image Image Image Image

Yakfinities #63 - Rogue... Rogue One (WINNERS POSTED)

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Vote for the next Yakfinities Customizing Challenge them

Poll ended at Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Vehicles
9%
Assassins
4%
Sith Lords
9%
Entertainers
4%
Tribal Aliens
13%
Bipedal Droids
No votes
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
61%

Total votes: 23
StooperZero
Senator

Re: Yakfinities #63 - Rogue... Rogue One

Postby StooperZero » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:26 am

im close to being done as well.

( very messy experiment )

not surprised at the high activity this yakfinities has received. :mrgreen:
Droidzone2
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Droidzone2 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 am

Beezer Fortuna
Attachments
image.jpg
mousedroidhoojib
Pod Racer

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:13 pm

To play the CGI character K-2SO in Rogue One, Alan Tudyk donned a grey motion capture suit and a set of stilts so as to match the intended height of the droid.

Reference, recipe and turnaround animation can be found in my customs thread.
Starchaser
Scavenger

Postby Starchaser » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:38 am

mousedroidhoojib - Alan rocks!!!!! My whole family enjoyed that particular custom:)
MCScoobyT
Midi-Chlorian

Postby MCScoobyT » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:46 pm

I 3D printed and painted a mini shield generator. Envisioning Scarif covered with tons of shield generators in all different sizes linking together to power the planetary shield gate, I set up my photo shoot of the scene when Chirrup ÃŽmwe reaches the master switch! I am one with the Force. The Force is with me.
IMG_2433.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-05.jpg
FullSizeRender-03.jpg
FullSizeRender-02.jpg
WhillsScholar
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WhillsScholar » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:30 am

Hi, everyone. If you liked my simple Imperial data drive PDF, then maybe you'll be up for this challenge: I built a 1:18 scale U-Wing (yes, for the 3.75" figures). Today, I released the templates so that you can make your own. I posted more details at the Rebelscum forums:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1129951&page=60&p=19921396&viewfull=1#post19921396

Direct link to the template package (includes PDFs and photos):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n6j4s6jvabvrpl2/

mousedroidhoojib
Pod Racer

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:07 pm

The properly scaled U-Wing is beautiful WhillsScholar. Well done with this, and particularly for being so big as to release the plans for individuals to download and make their own. I'm sure that many people are thankful that you took the time to do this even if there haven't been comments here to say as much.
mousedroidhoojib
Pod Racer

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:08 pm

As a member of the Brotherhood of Beatific Countenance, Toshdor Ni wanders the streets of Jedha City in silence, draped in heavy robes that both conceal his individualism and carry the smell of the Qatameric incense that burns in his staff-mounted censer.

Reference, recipe, turnaround animation and costume pattern can be found in my customs thread.
Jodo
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Jodo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:52 am

WhillsScholar wrote:Hi, everyone. If you liked my simple Imperial data drive PDF, then maybe you'll be up for this challenge: I built a 1:18 scale U-Wing (yes, for the 3.75" figures). Today, I released the templates so that you can make your own. I posted more details at the Rebelscum forums:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1129951&page=60&p=19921396&viewfull=1#post19921396

Direct link to the template package (includes PDFs and photos):

[url]http://www.mediafire.com/file/n6j4s6jvabvrpl2/[/ur]

Wow. That is awesome!!!! I might have to buy some styrene sometime soon...
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
lugo_matapollos
Scavenger

Postby lugo_matapollos » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:03 pm

awesome work everyone. excelent figures and vehicules. mousedroidhoojib you always keep impressing everyone with the use of fabric, great figures, you nailed it!!. That u wing is a must in my future projects. Ill try to use mdf and wood in its manufacturing. It is great, it simply rocks!!!! thanks so much WillsScholar for the templates.
heres my figure for this contest.
Weeteef Cyubee.

Weeteef Cyubee was a male Talpini and was one of the most destructive members of the Partisans. The diminutive Talpini could hide easily among the taller beings that congregated in the Holy city. A sniper, Cyubee specialized in explosives and built the sticky bombs used against the Imperial patrols of AT-ST walkers. [wookipedia].

the body frame is the Shia Lebouf figure form Indiana Jones line. chopped a little bit shorter his legs and arms, loose the jacket, sculpted over his face and body to make the characters face and jumpsuit. He has a pack full of stiky bombs, they has magnets on their bodys so they can be attached to metallic surfaces. the backpack is a soda thin cap that covers the bottles mouth (I dont know how to call it in english) and the pouches are sculpted on with epoxic clay. it was fun to make this guy. once more, my painting skills are not that good as I wish, but Ill improve sometime.I add a trooper next to him so you can figure out the heigth of the figure.
it is allways a pleasure to visit this page, and to participate in yakfinities. keep the excelent work guys. adios amigos.
visit us at our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SWCCMTY-Star-W ... 2/?fref=ts
Que tu hermana me acompañe.
revdarth
Midi-Chlorian

Postby revdarth » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Long time lurker, I've always enjoyed Yakfinities. Here are my entries, 2 more members of Saw Gerrera's Militia.

IMG_20170318_223436.jpg

IMG_20170318_223224.jpg
Much like the second Death Star, this signature is under construction.

But fully operational

My flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/revdarth/
r1g4r3po
Scavenger

Postby r1g4r3po » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:32 pm

haven't done much customizing for a while, but I came up w/ this simple repaint (by simple, I do mean simple-rather "vintage" style paint scheme)since Hasbro couldn't be bothered w/ a simple repaint other than the rather pointless tru excl tie striker (this should've been the tru excl instead)
Here is Blue Leader Merrick and his X-Wing...note, astromech panels are orange but appear red in pics
untitled b.png
untitled c.png
untitled.png
mousedroidhoojib
Pod Racer

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:33 pm

While many ranking Imperial Officers prefer new model shuttlecraft for transportation between installations, Director Krennic maintains a Sienar Fleet Systems Delta-class T-3c shuttle.

Even though this stands 63cm (approx 25") tall in landed mode, and has three interior levels, this is still significantly undersized for 3.75" scale figures. Were Hasbro still in the market of making large vehicles, I shudder to think how much they would charge for something of this size.

The front panel opens to reveal an interior. While this should really contain seating facing inward, to save on space, figures can either stand on the bottom layer floor, or sit on the middle layer, with a single pilot seated in the cockpit.

With the wings fully extended, the shuttle stands 110cm (approx 43") tall.

Reference, recipe and turnaround animation can be found in my customs thread.
MCScoobyT
Midi-Chlorian

Postby MCScoobyT » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:09 pm

What if Director Krennic got armored up before he went to battle with Jyn and Captain Andor? Simple one, popped the head off a white Batman 3.75 and added the directors cape.
FullSizeRender-01.jpg

Also, made this Grand Moff Tarkin Rogue One figure by simply painting the hair grey of General Tarkin figure from ROTS.
FullSizeRender.jpg
Utinniii
Pod Racer

Postby Utinniii » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:17 pm

I knew Tarkin had a swollen head but wow...

Those were two sweet rides!

Return to “YAKfinities”