Yakfinities #63 - Rogue... Rogue One (WINNERS POSTED)

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Vote for the next Yakfinities Customizing Challenge them

Poll ended at Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Vehicles
9%
Assassins
4%
Sith Lords
9%
Entertainers
4%
Tribal Aliens
13%
Bipedal Droids
No votes
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
61%

Total votes: 23
Evilivo
Droid

Re: Yakfinities #63 - Rogue... Rogue One

Postby Evilivo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 am

Lugo_matapollos, this is an extremely good custom! I liked this alien very much and was hoping (in vain) that Hasbro will come to make him, but alas. Thanks for the recipe. Amazing sculpt work and the leather straps with metal buckles are a great touch - I like to work in this style, too :)
Also, mousedroidhoojib , man - your customizing speed is incredible - the way you deliver more and more new and complicated stuff amazes me! This shuttle is a killer!:)
This hobby just gets curiouser and curiouser!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 am

This is certainly turning into one of the best Yakfinities in a long time. The customs are amazing. Love it. You guys are amazing.

:wink:
Lance Quazar
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lance Quazar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:15 am

lugo_matapollos wrote:heres my figure for this contest.
Weeteef Cyubee.

Wow!!!!! TERRIFIC job, amazing sculpting. I loved this character in the film!!
Cantinascum
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Cantinascum » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Custom super articulated Edrio Two Tubes. I am extremely pleased with how he came out and felt this rad character from Rogue One needed a proper figure!
Attachments
IMG_0958.JPG
JawaKing
Cantina Bartender

Postby JawaKing » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:02 pm

So many fantastic entries! Your Edrio is really exceptional, Cantinascum!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Well, yeah, that Edrio is about damn perfect. I was toying around with making one, but that's just simply mind blowing. WOW! I love it.

darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:58 am

Droooooool. Awesome job. I'm so annoyed we haven't gotten this character in the 3 3/4" sa line. So awesome! A little how you did it would be great.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
Lance Quazar
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lance Quazar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Cantinascum wrote:Custom super articulated Edrio Two Tubes. I am extremely pleased with how he came out and felt this rad character from Rogue One needed a proper figure!

PLEASE SHARE YOUR RECIPE!!!
WhillsScholar
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WhillsScholar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:40 pm

To celebrate the online release of Rogue One today, here are several new shots showing the progress of the 1:18 scale U-Wing I've been designing and building. All that is left to do is paint.

I updated the template package to include photos that show how the detailing is done. The engines get the most work. This update also includes color decal sheets.

I don’t anticipate the need to release another update, as far as my own work on this project is concerned. So, I think I can say with a sigh of relief that I’m finished! :)

I will put up photos of my U-Wing in the future after I’ve painted it. I’d like to get this done before the Blu-ray release of the movie, but I’m predicting this is unlikely with my work schedule.

I do hope others will make their own U-Wing from these templates, and add their own features and enhancements to it. (Feel free to host the zip package if you want.) After all the work I went through these months, I’d love to see others pick up what I did and share their own work with the SW toy customizing community!

“U-wing 1-18 scale templates w UPDATE 1”
https://www.mediafire.com/?zui1txjdl0svrfu

StooperZero
Bounty Hunter

Postby StooperZero » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:19 pm

front page material. :mrgreen:
mousedroidhoojib
Droid

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:12 pm

While living a pampered life on Coruscant sponsored by Orson Krennic, Lyra Erso came to understand the ruthlessness that the Empire was enforcing upon the galaxy in the days immediately following the Clone Wars.

Reference, recipe and turnaround animation can be found in my customs thread.
OC47151
Midi-Chlorian

Postby OC47151 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Sgt. Zayne Dremine is a pathfinder whose used to being first-in, last out on Rebellion missions. When he heard about the Scarif mission, he immediately volunteered even though he knew it was a suicide mission.

When this contest was first announced, I consulted the RO Visual Guide and trading cards, etc... for inspiration. After the research, I kept coming back to my original idea based on a WWII British paratrooper/commando. Someone who was rough and tumble.

Recipe: I used the arctic combat Snake Eyes with the hood removed. The torso is painted and dry-brushed multiple colors of green, brown and tan. Wanted to capture the look of the British Dennison smock. The legs are painted/dry-brushed brown and tan.

The head, helmet, rifle and backpack are from the Endor Rebel commando that came with the '07 tin set. Love the head sculpt, and couldn't find another that captured the essence of RO as well as this one.

The bandoleer is from IG-88.

The mines tucked under his arm are from a GI Joe set.
Attachments
RO rebel commando 2.JPG
RO relbel commando 3.JPG
RO rebel commando 1.JPG
OC47151
Midi-Chlorian

Postby OC47151 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:08 pm

While that's my official entry, I did a couple of other Rogue One customs.

A pair of Rebel pilots. Used the head from the Marvel Agent 13/Sharon Carter on a spare female Rebel pilot body, and random Marvel head on a Dutch Vander figure. I dry-brushed their uniforms because the pictures I saw in the Visual Guide and trading cards had them a little dirty.

In the Jedha marketplace, a pair of Imperial officers are spotted walking among the booths. I used a spare Veers head on a Red Skull body, and painted the trenchcoat grey.

I still want to create one of Saw Guerra's crew but haven't gotten around to it.
Attachments
RO imp.JPG
RO pilots .JPG
Starchaser
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Starchaser » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:24 pm

There have been some amazing customs this round. Kudos to everyone (the U-Wing is amazing!). I've had little time, things have been exceptionally busy in the Starchaser household. I had all but given up on posting anything for this contest, but then I had a quick idea for a simple head swap that might work. So, while not complicated, nor what I originally planned (and assembled parts for), here's my submission:

Zal Dinnes: formally of the Tierfon Yellow Aces, now part of Red Squadron (callsign Red Eight:

Recipe: just a Plourr Ilo body with a Marvel Infinite Emma Frost head (neck peg dremmeled down to fit)
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Love all the entries from everyone. It's going to be a great roundup report!

I have several customs for this that I hope to be able to snap pics of tonight. My schedule has been really stupid lately.

Return to “YAKfinities”