Self Customs
5%
Entertainers
10%
The Last Jedi
24%
Winter/Cold Weather Characters
38%
POTF2 Upgrades (remake a POTF2 figure using newer parts)
No votes
0%
The winter theme is so appropriate this season, as much of my "leisure" time has gone into helping manage an emergency cold weather shelter for the homeless in our community. I really wanted to steer clear of Rebel/Imperial cold weather soldiers for this one, so I dove into the EU to find a cold weather species and found the Geelan from the planet Needan. Created for the West End Star Wars game and introduced in the Star Wars Adventure Journals, this species once lived on a temperate world, but their planet was knocked out of orbit by a comet and is now a ball of ice. Those Geelan who have not migrated off-world live in domed cities to avoid the harsh cold climate. You can find more on Wookieepeia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Geelan).

In keeping with the winter/cold weather theme: May I introduce Frate the Seeker. Frate, like many of his species is an intrepid entrepreneur and financial negotiator. Unlike many of his species, he is interested in the pre-cataclysm history of his people. Frate spends a lot of time exploring the ruins of the cities vacated after the cataclysm. Trusting to his body fat, fur coat and fleece lined flight suit, Frate is able to withstand the frigid climates for long enough to gather artifacts that represent his people's history. Due to this odd passion, most Geelan leave Frate alone and even look down on him, allowing him to corner the market on Geelan artifacts (and amass a fair amount of wealth).

and with a stylish muffler:

Recipe:
Head = Schleich werewolf (eyes painted yellow)
Body = World of Nintendo Peppy Hare figure
Stylish muffler - courtesy of my lovely wife, who happened to be sewing while I assembled Frate - its good to have a supportive wife:)
Very nice custom Geelan. The Star Wars RPG from West End Games had a lot of great ideas and concepts. It saddens me a bit that much of it is no longer cannon. I'm really surprised that Disney hasn't gone back and changed everything they came up.

I still have the Adventure Journal the Geelan are in by the way.
darthapathy wrote:Very nice custom Geelan. The Star Wars RPG from West End Games had a lot of great ideas and concepts. It saddens me a bit that much of it is no longer cannon. I'm really surprised that Disney hasn't gone back and changed everything they came up.

I still have the Adventure Journal the Geelan are in by the way.

Yep, great ideas in the RPG world, it's a rich source for additional characters and species. Too fun about the fact that you have the actual Adventure Journal with the Geelan.
YAK_Chewie wrote:Ha, that's pretty cool. Nice work Starchaser.

I've got several customs on my workbench at the moment. Hope to be able to post an update soon.

:wink:

Thanks Chewie! I may be able to pull one more, we'll see.
By Utinniii
Here is Krolaf the Elsanna. When not Riding his drake, Sven, he traverses the bitter wastes on his ice shoes.

Ice created using Pebeo Crackle paste, snow is layers of foam (paper removed from foam board) and modelling paste.

Krolaf was made using Wasabi from Big Hero 6 with faux fur and modeling past for the fur and gloves. Ice shoes made from twine and thread, with latex covering.
Mask is made from the abdomen of a plastic spider I chopped up for another custom with Milliput snow goggles. I actually built Krolaf around the mask.

The outpost of Dellaren was made from painted styrofoam and textured with modeling paste. The grids are pieces of foam. It is modular so it can be changed around. I have more pics in my custom diorama thread.

Ubiquitous Snow Bunny

Head from Jyn, body from the imagination of a teenager. (Bunny themed anime figures).
Last edited by Utinniii on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endor Junkie- I'm going to make that sniper in 1:12 scale once I find my extra biker scout head. :mrgreen:

Utinniii- The whole drake/outpost thing reminds me of the drakes in the Frozen Wastes zone on Velious from Everquest.
By darthvlad
Jodo wrote:Given that I have like 35 of him...Maybe I will make a cold weather gear Baze Malbus now. :lol

1. Cold weather Baze
    2. Beach party Baze
    3. Zombie Baze
    4. President Baze
    5. Super hero Baze
    6. Wild West Baze
    7. Mandalorian Baze
    8. Artist Baze
    9. Professor Baze
    10. Babysitter Baze
    11. Space Cowboy Baze
    12. Baseball player Baze