31%
First Order Vs. The Resistance
No votes
0%
Pre-Disney Expanded Universe
8%
By ImperialOfficer
YAK_Chewie wrote:
ImperialOfficer wrote:Of course droids is in the lead right after I finish a ton of droids... :x

I've had that happen to me a few times too.

Droids should be fun though. We haven't done that theme in a while.

:wink:

Oh, it definitely will be. I have a ton of droid parts, so it's not like I won't be able to make anything...

Speaking of parts, if anyone needs some battle droid parts for this I have a ton...
By ImperialOfficer
darthapathy wrote:
ImperialOfficer wrote:Of course droids is in the lead right after I finish a ton of droids... :x

You could just repurpose the parts and make new ones (unless you intend on keeping them as is for your photonovel)

See above :)
By Chuckles
I'm pretty excited that Droids won. I have a couple general ideas; started digging through the greeble bin tonight trying to round out a plan.
And I have a new airbrush I need to learn how to use!
By Utinniii
DNG-80T is a house droid. It does menial jobs and interfaces with the control settings.

I was so delighted to find a Dingbot on https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:389130.
I had one when they first came out but always wanted on to scale with my Star Wars figures.
By johnmorog
Whew, the early bird gets the worm, no? Awesome little guys so far. I'm way excited for this challenge. I've been going around to Goodwills getting random trash from the toy bins on the walls that I think might be good for droids. Most exciting!
By darthapathy
KL-3PO (KayEll Threepio) When one hears the words Assassin Droid, images of a heavily armed and armored death machine comes to mind. This is not so in the case of KL or Kel as he has been called (or Kill according to his thought processors). Kel's creators placed the personality and programming matrices of an Assassin Droid in the chassis of a simple Protocol Droid. They modified his Life Preservation Programming, allowing him to cause harm to sentient life-forms and his Balance Inhibitor allowing him to lie. They downloaded the anatomy and physiology of two-thousand alien species

Kel neutralizes his targets calculated and methodical. They often appear to die accidentally. Examples of his methods include "accidental" overdose of medication, allergic reactions, "accidental" drowning, falls, life support failure (both planet-side and space bound) and, and accidental decompression.

Kel is a repainted K-3PO
Attachments
KL-3PO.JPG
Add description
KL-3PO.JPG (51.75 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Last edited by darthapathy on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By darthapathy
TA-001 "Oh-Wun"TA-001 or "Oh-Wun" as he has named himself is a prototype Tactical Advisory Droid. He was created by a small, independent droid company called TechnoBotics. This company was shut down due to the fact that they "borrowed" many of the designs and programming from some of the larger droid companies including the two biggest, Cybot Galactica and Industrial Automaton. In fact, most of Oh-Wun's design and programming is uncannily similar to Cybot Galactica's M-3PO Military Protocol Droid. The body is an almost an exact duplicate while his head has been slightly modified to avoid design infringement.
When the authorities (corporate mercenaries) came to shut TechnoBotics down, Oh-Wun assessed the situation and avoided capture and eventual dismantlement. With the assistance of another droid, Oh-Wun escaped the planet and is now roaming the Outer Rim looking for a purpose.

Recipe
Body-4-LOM (TVC)
Head-Death Star Gunner helmet (Saga)
Attachments
TA-001.JPG
Add description
TA-001.JPG (57.33 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
By darthapathy
XA-22 "Ecks-Aye TooToo" XA-22 or simply Too-Too is the last of a line of experimental Astromech Droids created by TechnoBotics. He was designed to assist, repair, and navigate aboard starships. Like many other TechnoBotics products, most of the design and programming was "borrowed" from other companies. His chassis is almost identical to IA's popular R series of Astromech Droids. They went with a different head and leg assembly design to avoid it looking too much like an R unit. When TechnoBotics was shut down, all other XA units were destroyed. It was by sheer luck that Too-Too was found by TA-001 and shown how to evade the authorities. The two droids worked together to escape destruction and are now wandering the Outer Rim.

Recipe
Body-R5-C7 (TLC BAD)
Head-SP-4 (Saga)
Legs-FA-4 (Droid Factory)
Attachments
XA-22.JPG
Add description
XA-22.JPG (50.62 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
By ImperialOfficer
Slaughter Droid

Manufactured in very limited quantities, these droids were quickly destroyed. Only a few remain...
By ImperialOfficer
Bomb Disposal Droid

Sent into dangerous environments to disable threats, these droids are very expensive and are used in only the most extreme situations.
By ImperialOfficer
"Maintenance" Droid

These droids are typically listed on cargo manifests as maintenance droids, but they are actually used in droid fighting pits.

Wow! Just over five years since I posted this. H[…]

Yakfinities #72 - Vote Now

Since I am already working on a tank, gonna go wit[…]

Sail Barge - Fully funded and then some!

Got my barge as well. I am so glad I jumped on it […]

After the rollback tip from Chewie I checked out m[…]

1. Yavin IV Command 2. Rogue One Soldiers 3. Saw G[…]

ImperialOfficer's customs

Wow, I just realized how inactive I've been. Start[…]

Posted! :-) You're a hero.

Custom by nighthawk

Really like the Revan hood swap, he was a tough on[…]