Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

What should the theme be for Yakfinities #71?

Medics
5%
Scoundrels
No votes
0%
Entertainers
14%
Knights of Ren
5%
Undercover Jedi
5%
Swoop Gang Members
18%
Desert Gear Characters
23%
Concept / What If Series
32%
By darth_sidious
EndorJunkie wrote:darth_sidious: Wow! That is fantastic, I love the design! What a great character!

Thanks a lot, we should add to the backstory that your sweet version of Fett was hired by Maz to track these critters down in her castle. :P

Starchaser wrote:That's a great design and fun concept. Kudos.

Thanks, glad you like it - I wanted to go with an oddball design, because I can never have too many SW creatures. Speaking of interesting designs, I like the direction you went with Holdo, what body did you use? In the Princess Leia novel, they wear jumpsuits during training, so this design would be a great representation of that.
By Starchaser
Thanks darth_sidious - I used a "Thunderbirds Are Go" Kayo Kyrano figure for Holdo. The flight/jump suit works well for female characters (though it lacks some of the articulation of the Vintage Collection bodies),
By OC47151
I came across this Ep. 8 concept picture of Kylo Ren and had wanted to make him for some time.

The head is from an Ep. 8 POA Kylo figure, with the hair removed. A fellow customizer suggested using crazy glue to Green Stuff to fill in the head. When the glue was still wet, I sprinkled baking soda to add texture. Looks scarred, I think. I painted the head with a combo of pink and white paint (couldn't find my flesh colored paint) and then dabbed black hair in place with a Q-tip. (Not completely satisfied with the hair; it may go.) Also dabbed white paint in the right eye to look like it's bad.

The body is the BS Kylo with the skirt trimmed.

I've been wanting to make a six-inch version of this guy.
Attachments
kylo side.JPG
Add description
kylo front.JPG
Add description
star-wars-episode-8-spoilers-news-release-date-kylo-ren-and-reys-relationship-to-be-revealed.jpg
Add description
star-wars-episode-8-spoilers-news-release-date-kylo-ren-and-reys-relationship-to-be-revealed.jpg (71.8 KiB) Viewed 4301 times
My first 2 entries. I had a lot of ideas, but not the time unfortunately.

Imperial Frontier Gunner
Based on concept art from Solo.

Old Han Solo
Based on concept art for The Force Awakens.

By Utinniii
2 characters from the TFA artbook.

While this contest was one I was most looking forward to, I just didn't have any time.
Droid is Model Magic (shaped in a freezie container) with a Heroclix base.
Gator Guy is a random Corps figure, Jedi robe and a TMNT (I think) not-LEGO head.

By Starchaser
Nice work everyone, I had two more on the desk, but couldn't get them painted in time - work and family life had too many moving parts. I might yet post them if I can get them finished in the next few days, just so folks can see them. Congratulations on some most amazing customs this round.
By YAK_Chewie
Sorry for the delay guys - life has been busy. But here is the roundup! There were some truly outstanding customs made for this one again... thank you everyone who contributed!

And the random winners are...
1 - darth sidious
2 - Rookie One
3 - jaghearse
The following 3.75" loose figures are the prizes...

darth sidious, you should post in this thread which figure you want first. Then Rookie One, you post in this thread which figure you want. The remaining figure goes to jaghearse.

NOTE - Please send a PM to me with your shipping details. I will be shipping your prizes sometime in the next 30 or so days. Anyone who does not select their prize within 30 days has their turn skipped!

Thanks everyone for such an exciting customizing challenge, and the next Yakfinities is already underway! The theme is "DESERT DWELLERS" and the details can be found HERE!

:wink:

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)