Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Niktom
I just preordered this bad boy from EE.... gotta say, I'm pretty excited about it. Looks great, still not to keen on them already revisiting a character but I think this rendition looks amazing.

Exclusive Star Wars Boba Fett and Carbonite Maquette

Also, here is the OT stuff shown at Toy Fair....

I've got mixed emotions about this guy... the sculpt looks okay, I'm anxious to see it with some color and would really like to see it next to some others for a size reference.

This is an AFX exclusive... goes well with the previous one (Luke Stormtrooper) but again, I'm disappointed to see another character revisited. I'm itching for more variety of faces. Such a wide range of characters not covered yet. Oh well... this one will look great alongside all the others.
By SpecialOpsUnit
The Clone Wars White Clone Trooper maquette is expected to be released early May.

Niktom, the Boba Fett with Han Carbonite will be available at other retailers and you will probably be able to save $10-20, EE is really expensive.
By Niktom
SpecialOpsUnit wrote:Niktom, the Boba Fett with Han Carbonite will be available at other retailers and you will probably be able to save $10-20, EE is really expensive.

Really? I was under the impression it was an EE Exclusive, at least that's the way they are advertising it. Which other retailers are saying they will have it?
By Niktom
Just preorder this little guy from StarWarsShop.com! Really like the price too! Only $56.99

StarWarsShop.com

Wicket the Ewok gets the animated treatment in this stylized poly-stone statue. First seen in Return of the Jedi, Wicket befriends Princess Leia Organa and helps the rebel alliance defend the forest moon of Endor from the attacking imperial forces.

Strictly limited, painted and ready to display, Wicket stands 4.5 inches tall and is in scale with all of Gentle Giant's animated Star Wars maquettes. Hand numbered with matching certificate of authenticity.

Also... they are offering 1 cent shipping!
By Niktom
Well... GG is killing me with this lag in production... but I finally got the Boba and Han.

I must say... this is by far the best on yet. The posture of Fett, the coloration, the animated design of Han... all spot on. This pup is a beauty and the picture does not do it justice. Highly recommended!
By YAK_Jayson
Thanks to a tip from Mike (mercuryartstudios), BBTS has put the Slave Leia Animated Maquette for preorder on their site. If you do order from them, tell them that Yakface sent you.

By Niktom
WooWhoo... got that pretty lady preordered!

Thanks Mike and Jayson!
By Incom
Oh man, no matter what, Slave Leia looks hot in any form! Sweet!
By Niktom
FINALLY! After I don't know how many delays... Wicket has arrived.

He's small... but looks fantastic. The coloration is really good, much better than the promo shot in my opinion. Very low production number at 850. Makes me really think this line may be on the way out.

Here's a shot in the case to size comparison. My need to move him by the Yoda/R2 so that he's now dwarfed.

By Niktom
Per the front page....

GentleGiantCollectors.com has revealed first look at a Limited Edition Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise Maquette set to be shared exclusive for SDCC, CV and Action Figure Express. This Maquette is Limited to only 1000 units with 400 pieces sold at SDCC and 300 at Star Wars Celebration V. 100 pieces will be sold online at shopafx.com and 200 TBD.

Well... that sucks...

I may be looking for someone to try snagging one of these for me at a con. Just wonder how AFX will handle their 100.
By Niktom
Look who showed up on my front doorstep today....

Sculpt.... magnificent
Coloring.... magnificent
Size.... smaller than I expected

By far though.... one of my favorites of the whole line. Well worth the wait and money!
By Niktom
Well it's only two months shy of a year for posting to this thread. Guess that kind of speaks volumes for the condition of this line.

I'm sad to see the Original Trilogy of this line coming to a near stand still... and yet I'm relieved for the break.

I really like them (the craftsmanship is top-notch and they all look fantastic displayed together) but as my collecting interests have really changed over the past several months it's becoming more difficult to justify spending cash on these. However, my OCD for these seems to be winning out.... sooooo, here's is the latest pre-order.

Exclusive to EE

Can't say I'm overly excited about the choice in character... I could think of many others I would prefer. However, the execution looks fantastic.... assuming the final product comes in looking this good. Estimated ship date is Feb 2012.... looking back over this thread, I'm hoping to see it by mid summer.
By Incom
Yeah, a bit of an odd choice picking a character with so little screen time. But Boushh does look pretty cool to me. I have the first animated Boba and Princess Leia and they'll do fine for me now.

I like 3PO and R2 as well, and you can't go wrong with Slave Leia :D Might pick them up on the secondary market one day...
By Niktom
Incom wrote:......and you can't go wrong with Slave Leia :D Might pick them up on the secondary market one day...

And here I thought Slave Trade was illegal. :lol:

That darn Boba Fett is the one that got me hooked on these things. Picked him up at a near by comic book shop. Hadn't even known he was coming out. Was like... "oooooh, I need that to go with all my other Fett stuff". If I had only known.
Community fodder box...

Sure, I'll toss a few bucks in there. Canada shi[…]

Black Spire Outpost- WIP

Thanks everyone! I had some time this weekend to b[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

LOL. If my daughter sees Poopsie she might want i[…]

Mimban Stormtrooper

Yeah, Walmart exclusive. Hasbro could not have […]

Load the Barge!

Bib Fortuna (new sculpt) Tessek (new sculpt) […]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Li’l Klee – The youngest of fourteen children in h[…]