Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By SpecialOpsUnit

That face is horrendous, needs more anger.
By YAK_Jayson
Per YodasNews

Fans have been asking for him for a while and Gentle Giant delivers with the TIE Fighter Pilot Mini Bust. The Mini Bust stands 9.5 Inches tall. As with most new items, no edition size has been set yet. This mini bust may also have something extra for the variant and chase fans! Rumor has it that one in every 6 Mini Busts will be a chase/variant and all we know as of now, it's being called a "Chase Black 3". Due out at the end of 2008. Click the picture below for the high resolution image!

By YAK_Jayson
UPDATE StarWarsShop.com has added the TIE Pilot Mini Bust to their new arrivals page and is available for pre-order for $54.00 (Hyperspace members receive an additional 10% off). Ships November 2008.
By YAK_Jayson
A word of warning to those who ordered this bust. It seems that GG has made some unannounced cost cutting measures as the Airborne Trooper is about 10% smaller that other busts.

Here is a shot floating around the interweb:
By YAK_Jayson
Look who's getting his own mini bust!

Our friends at Yoda's News have confirmed through photographic evidence that the Yakface Mini Bust will be a Premier Guild Membership Exclusive at retail for $59.99.
By Gundam
Hey folks, thought I'd spread the word. As some might know over at the Rebelscum and GentleGiantCollectors.com forums, VinylSquirrel (who is an employee of Gentle Giant Ltd.) has been appearing regularly and answering questions and stuff.

After the Republic Commandos were announced and word was sent out by GG about how they were going to be distributed, many people were worried. Worried that this might turn into another Clone Commander 5-pack debacle. I had started a thread to talk about possible suggestions on how the Republic Commandos might be sold to avoid the same issues that we had with the 5-pack 2 years ago.

You can read about it HERE. The thread has turned into a very unofficial pettition for GG to change the way that they are gonna handle the sale or pre-sale of the Republic Commando busts.

If you agree with this suggestion or have another one you think is better please feel free to go over and post.

There are a total of 200 4-packs that GG will sell (besides all the individuals that will be for sale through GG and other distributors). The "petition" is up to 64 people and that is just from Rebelscum members. I KNOW there are more Gentle Giant fans than just the ones at Rebelscum. I think it be neat to reach a number of 200 or higher. Gentle Giant has not promised anything but I think it would tell them something that they couldn't ignore....the fans want a system that makes sense.

Hopefully all "site politics aside" people will be willing to put that aside to help have their voice heard in one place where we know a GG rep will see it for sure.

P.S. This message doesn't represent any views of Rebelscum or any of it's staff. I am just a member of the forums trying to spread the word.
By TB9153
YAK_Jayson wrote:Look who's getting his own mini bust!

Our friends at Yoda's News have confirmed through photographic evidence that the Yakface Mini Bust will be a Premier Guild Membership Exclusive at retail for $59.99.

saw this the other day. looks sooooo good. :D
By YAK_Jayson
Yak Face and Holiday Yak Face

ImageImage

UPDATE - NOW UP FOR PGM PRE-ORDER AT GENTLEGIANTLTD.COM

Take a high resolution look at the upcoming Gentle Giant PGM Exclusive, Yak Face, as well as, the Holiday version of him (he will be the 2009 annual Gentle Giant Holiday Gift). Look for him to go up for pre-order today for Gentle Giant PGM members.

The message boards have been buzzing for weeks about how this will be distributed and sold. Below is the breakdown on how you can add him to your collection. This was confirmed by Gentle Giant.

Box Style/Package #1 - Only For PGM Members - Comes with Yak Face Mini Bust and 3 "Accessories": Antlers, Candy Cane and Staff. This will allow the PGM Members to display him in both regular and holiday deco (very cool idea). Look for this to go up for pre-order as early as today for a limited time.

Box Style/Package #2 - This will be sent to the people on the Annual Holiday List from GG (dealers, sponsors, lucas people, reps, etc) - Comes with Yak Face Mini Bust and JUST the Holiday Deco (since it's a GIFT): Antlers, Candy Cane and do not have the staff. This will not be able to be purchased. The bust will be identical to the one offered by PGM, it just won't be packaged with the extra staff.
By YAK_Jayson
Unfortunately, I'm not a PGM member but hopefully I'll be able to track one of these down on the secondary market for a reasonable price.
By YAK_Jayson
GentleGiantCollectors.com revealed a couple 2 mini bust today for their 2010 PGM program: Commander Fox and Commander Faie

Head over to their forums (registration required) for a look see...
By YAK_Jayson
Thanks to a tip from Mike (mercuryartstudios), BBTS has put the Darth Revan Mini Bust up for preorder on their site. If you do order from them, tell them that Yakface sent you :lol:

PS for those in the know, what's up with Revan's lightsabers? It look like he has 2 Obi-Wan Kenobi hilts. I thought his were more original than that???

By YAK_Jayson
A couple nice mini busts announced/available today: The Death Star Gunner and Emperor Palpatine. Anyone else biting on these?
TLJ Purchases and Finds

Chandler. Do you post on Rebelscum? There is an AZ[…]

I was unhappy with my Conservatory so I got rid of[…]

One of Medduwn's Equitors, Vuragh, belongs to the […]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

Maybe because there are more waves/surplus of the […]

Got in a pair of TVC Gamorreans yestetday from Ent[…]

EE had 3.75" TBS sale last week (one day sale[…]

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]