Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

Well, the Governor has really lost it now. Great episode again and like Chewie said, the Governor/Andrea chase was very tense. Too bad he caught up with her in the end, I think that kinda sucked.

At first I thought, it was too late for Andrea to act up, what with all that had happened so far. But I hope she'll make it through for a little while longer.

I have a feeling Tyrese will play a big role in the upcoming episodes. What Andrea said won't let go of him and the contradictions between what the Governor said and what his men said to Tyrese won't either.

These two/three character themed episodes have been very entertaining and there's some great music at the end as well. Definitely my favourite series (and I watch a whole bunch nowadays :) ).
Wow - last night's episode was stellar...

I'm pissed that Rick could be so stupid and even consider handing Michonne over - but I love how Merle took matters into his own hands, and "woke up" and realized how evil his idea was... and changed his plans.

Tragic for sure, but heroic without a doubt... too bad the Governor made it through the attack (which we knew he would). And the preview for the season finale looks outstanding... I just hope things go a little better for Rick's group than in the books!

Missing from this episode was a follow up to the Andrea-Milton situation... which I assume will be resolved next week. I guess when Woodbury folks attack the prison, Milton will rescue Andrea. I also am guessing that during the attack, Tyrese or his girlfriend will turn on the Governor and shoot him.

:wink:
Hope not, I hope he gets an end similar to the comics (His people realize what a d-bag he is and "toss him to the wolves" so to speak) I always felt it was a fitting end considering his character.

While he is different in the series he still has that power hungry streak. Then again nothing has really been to the comics.

Don't know if I would call Merle Heroic though, I kind of felt like he got fed up with everybody and just decided to try to off the Governor for setting against Daryl way back when. I keep thinking if he had succeeded he might have A just drove off or B.went after Rick. Merle was ambiguous like that.
I think that he was actually showing a bit of humanity for once - he didn't have to let Michonne go.

Seems he was mostly looking out for his brother - trying to get cut off the serpent's head to avoid the attack on the prison. He also seemed to connect with Carol too - remember how she said maybe he's a late bloomer as well?

My take is Merle went out as a hero and redeemed himself. I know not everyone will see it that way, but I do.

I don't know if Merle went out as a hero, but he did go out the coolest way in the show to date. I was sad to see him go, he was one of my favorite characters, a little rough at times, but loyal to his brother. Last night's episode was my 2nd favorite episode of the season, it was very entertaining. I'm glad to see Rick didn't follow through with the Governor's deal, hopefully with all those years as a cop he could see when someone was flat out lying to him.
Also, I managed to find a Merle figure at my TRU today, really nice figure there. Great details, the head sculpt is amazing. Anyway, can't wait to see next week's episode, they've got so much to go over I hope they don't rush it.
Agreed, it seems a ton has built up and needs to be resolved. I wonder about where the series might go next though. I hope it gets better because overall I have been let down by the Woodbury arc. It was good but not as good as it could have been (the comic was tons better).

But the series is kind of wide open now, they could follow the comic but I doubt it. The only big storyline they could do next is the Hunters and judging by the way they did Woodbury they will skip it. Alexandria is a big one too, but that means leaving Georgia which I doubt they will do.
Adios, Andrea.

Wish I cared, but her character did nothing but piss me off ever since Season 2 started. I wasn't sad to see her go. A bit surprised, but I'm fine with it.

They really did change things up a lot for the finale - big time. A much happier ending to Season 3 than how the books have things play out... but now the Governor has gone completely nuts, lost his town to Rick, and is on the loose... totally different than the books.

Can't say I love the change, but I also am not upset by it. I kind of like the idea of some hope for Rick and the group - though Carl has certainly taken a turn to the dark side.

We have to wait until October for more of this... damnit...

Good last episode and indeed, October is a long wait. Andrea had indeed become quite an annoying chracter, really being the silly goose this season. Her intentions were profound, but ultimately futile.

Philip is totally out of control now. Stupid goons following him too... Oh well, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them.

Carl has matured too fast, but I guess that's what a zombie apocalypse does to you :) It will be very interesting seeing how he and Rick continue from here.

The attack on the prison was great, though. Awesome idea to draw the attackers deep into the prison and then spring the trap. The Governor should've had the Admiral in his ranks. He knows when IT'S A TRAP! :lol:

After TWD, I watched the first episode of Game of Thrones S3, by the way :D Good start to the new season :)
I felt the finale was a letdown. Fairly uneventful.

Andrea dragged too long, they could have cut that sequence in half and the tension would have been greater. Of course would have helped if we actually cared about Andrea at this point but it seems the producers go out of their way to make characters unlikeable or just not untilized before they kill them off (which the opposite made the comic worthwhile, you had characters you loved biting the dust in dramatic ways).

Andrea shouldn't of kept pausing, I could have excepted it if she stopped to say something comforting to Milton due to him being scared of death but the whole long drawn out conversation that really was covered right before she died was pointless.

Governor going nuts was interesting but also kind of weird. I wonder with no people how he will be a credible villan, I know some are speculating he finds even more people but that seems convinant.

Seemed more a mid season finale than a season finale, I have to say I am pretty disappointed in this show at this point. I love the comics and even like Kirkman a great deal, but this isn't what I was watching in the first season at all.
Well, the Governor can do some massive damage on his own, I think he's still a very credible villain, and a great threat to the group still. Him finding more people would be unlikely, how many people can still be alive? Should he find more people though, I have no doubt he could work his magic and sway them to join him.
I can't see the Governor getting chomped by walkers, someone's gonna have to kill him, either his own men with him or someone from Rick's group. I can see the Governor becoming an obsession with Daryl, look at how dedicated he was to finding Sophia, I have a feeling he's gonna try to avenge Merle, but who knows for sure.
DeltaSev wrote:Well, the Governor can do some massive damage on his own, I think he's still a very credible villain, and a great threat to the group still. Him finding more people would be unlikely, how many people can still be alive? Should he find more people though, I have no doubt he could work his magic and sway them to join him.
I can't see the Governor getting chomped by walkers, someone's gonna have to kill him, either his own men with him or someone from Rick's group. I can see the Governor becoming an obsession with Daryl, look at how dedicated he was to finding Sophia, I have a feeling he's gonna try to avenge Merle, but who knows for sure.

When he's outgunned 20-1? How credible is that? the way he was threatening in the comic was he had everyone convinced to his line of thought. While he wasn't dangerous on his own, the loyalty of his people made him that much more dangerous.

What's this guy got? And don't get me wrong I really like David Morrasy and realize this isn't the comic. I'm sure he can use his wits to cause some chaos but at the end of the day it would be convoluted to have him really do much f anything, especially with other credible threats out there.

Funny you mention you can't see him getting chomped by walkers as that is exactly how he dies in the comic, after his people shove him into them (no I don't feel the need for spoiler tags because the show has gone so far off the comic it doesn't matter anymore)
I don't know - I could see the Governor doing some serious damage somehow in the next season - they didn't leave him alive just to have him be a non-factor...

On any note, looks like the Walking Dead is ready to expand... 'Walking Dead' spinoff: AMC announces the program will debut in 2015

...given how cool the game with Clementine was (really, the story behind it), I could really see this as a good thing. :D

What parts? People getting sick suddenly? Or the roof caving in all of a sudden each time a walker took a step? That was quite ridiculous.

I also didn't like the "head" in the bag... just have his whole body in there... and show it. I get the art of letting the viewer see it in their mind, but a body without legs or something that she's been caring for would have been just... awesome.

^ I was glad she died... sick lady... but she did a great job of acting. It added a nice element to the story... I totally saw it coming though that she was leading Rick to her undead husband.

The second episode was much better in my opinion. I liked it a lot and how Rick sacrificed the pigs... not that they were going to eat them anyway, though after the sickness spreading.

Also, who do you think killed Karen? I hope it wasn't Carl.

Who is feeding the fence walkers? The little girl who just lost her dad?

I hope baby Judith survives. Sweet little thing.

Looks like Abraham might be coming into the show soon...?

Got in a pair of TVC Gamorreans yestetday from Ent[…]

EE had 3.75" TBS sale last week (one day sale[…]

Utinniii's Unique Universe Vol 2

Trying to fall asleep but had to comment first, th[…]

Utinniii - that's a prodigious output of customs -[…]

and more ross

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]