Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

By AaylaSecurasMan
I just noticed that the forums have a slight new look and feel. I couldn't find a menu to return to the main site once you are in the forums, was this change ever announced? Is is a software update or a new version? Any new capabilities? Thanks!
By YAK_Den
Hey there!

We are rolling out a slight forum update! The main site link will return (along with twitter and facebook links) sometime soon! Bare with us as we spruce things up! :)

The purpose of the update was to fix bugs, refresh software, upgrade database, and help us become more streamlined with the look of the main site! As you've probably noticed the forum style now more properly reflects the main site look too! You may also notice that the forum is not a fixed width anymore and now stretches based on your screen size; we hope this will really please our photonovelists! ;) No new content has been added however. Future updates may present new content as decided.

PS: Points have not been active for a few forum cycles ;)! But they are still in the database (hiding in the background) should we ever decide to bring those back into action! :)
By Paulskywalker
Looks fresh and crisp.
By YAK_Den
Paulskywalker wrote:Looks fresh and crisp.

Thanks Paul! That's our goal with this! Slight UI tweak to be up to date and look fresh! :)
By Paulskywalker
I prefered the tick boxs over the arrow and folder icons. The folder/arrows were not very obvious at first.
By YAK_Den
Paulskywalker wrote:I prefered the tick boxs over the arrow and folder icons. The folder/arrows were not very obvious at first.

Yes... we are still playing with the interface... figuring out the best set of icons can sometimes be the most difficult. The trouble I had with the tickboxes were that on some screens you cannot even see them! EEEEK! We may be playing with the "red" icons we had before as those seem to stand out the best! :)
By Paulskywalker
That's the annoying part, figuring out all the little tweaks.
By YAK_Den
Paulskywalker wrote:That's the annoying part, figuring out all the little tweaks.

Testing out the red icons... lemme know how these work? I'm liking them the best thus far! :)
By YAK_Den
We have identified an issue with our image resizer that is not shrinking down large image files. This is especially problem-some for photonovels! We are working on a fix and hope to have this resolved by the weekend. Apologies for the error.
By YAK_Den
The resizer should be fixed and working normally once more!!! YAY!!! :D

Note: any images under 800pixels will be resized accordingly! Enjoy photonovelists!!! 8)
Yakfinities #73 - Vote Now

Ok, will do.

Yakfinities #72 - Desert Dwellers

Here are my first couple of entries, with many mor[…]

I want to see... TVC figures - 5-6 TVC main cha[…]

If anyone still needs them, Amazon has TVC Yakface[…]

The V-Stock store near my house (South County Mall[…]

That is one of the most amazing collections I've s[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

http://i.imgur.com/uUmRFoJ.jpg http://i.imgur.c[…]

AT-PT p62 / Index p1

Great work! Certainly has the clunkiness of what I[…]