Image Image Image Image Image

Goofy for star wars.

Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

gunmann
Midi-Chlorian

Goofy for star wars.

Postby gunmann » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Hello all,

I just started collecting 8 months ago and I'm completely hooked. In that time I've spent thousands of dollars (and it's worth every cent) on figures and ships. So I was wondering if there is guys like me that came in and went full force with it and never looked back? I always loved the movies but never collected. It's just to much fun now that I started.
The Professor
Forum Admin

Re: Goofy for star wars.

Postby The Professor » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:49 pm

I have actually had the opposite story. I have been collecting since age three during the dark ages between trilogies when figures were scarce and only to be found on the secondary market. I was still young enough to appreciate Kenner's 1995 take on the line and have collected faithfully since. However, I have found my habits waning in recent years, partly due to the poor distribution. Nonetheless, I picked up the TFA 3.75" Han Solo just last week. So, I guess I'll never be fully done.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:37 pm

You should take some pictures of your collection and show it off!!!!

I'm also in the opposite boat unfortunately. I collected figures since the POTF2 figures came out, and then once POTJ started hitting I began collecting MOMC only. That continued until like Saga 2 figures came out. Following that, I did pick up a very few select legacy figures, the BMF and the AT-TE, but then I absolutely stopped. I opened everything I wanted, and then sold a significant portion of my MOMC collection (probably about 300+ figures).

I didn't collect from the time the BMF came out until a few years ago, then I started back up. I missed a LOT of Legacy stuff, and then all of the TVC line. There's still figures I'm trying to go back and purchase; however a lot of the stuff I want is fetching a high price on the secondary market, and I simply can't afford to purchase that stuff.

The change was pretty cool though. My collection went from looking like a store front to being a loose collection displayed in dioramas. I honestly wish I would have done that much sooner, as I probably would have gotten more enjoyment out of the hobby, and in turn, I wouldn't have missed out on so many good figures and vehicles!!
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
gunmann
Midi-Chlorian

Postby gunmann » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Where would I post the pics???????? On this thread?
gunmann
Midi-Chlorian

Postby gunmann » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Jodo,

That's a shame you missed the vintage collection. I'm thinking that if I want to collect those it would cost me 2 to 3k. That's some serious cash but I'm gonna have to do it slowly because I know I want those.
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:00 pm

gunmann wrote:Where would I post the pics???????? On this thread?

Yes, use the attachments feature below your post when you click reply.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
gunmann
Midi-Chlorian

Postby gunmann » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:18 pm

I posted them on the collection gallery thread.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:00 pm

gunmann wrote:Jodo,

That's a shame you missed the vintage collection. I'm thinking that if I want to collect those it would cost me 2 to 3k. That's some serious cash but I'm gonna have to do it slowly because I know I want those.

I don't doubt your cost estimate in the slightest! Some of those figures, especially the last wave, are super expensive. It's too bad Hasbro hasn't reissued them.

That's awesome about your collection pics, I'll have to look at those in a moment!
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of Oct. 27/17: Era of Darkness Halloween Special - "Lurkers"
: Part 1
!
Joosk
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Joosk » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:51 am

Been collecting since 1977 when they first came out grandma bought me every single figure from a new hope line at that time with a carrying case. So its been a very long love affair of mine.
ToyShelfReview
Midi-Chlorian

Postby ToyShelfReview » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Welcome to the world of collecting. I've been at it since the line came back in '95.

Return to “General Discussion”