Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

By GYRUSS
Greetings!

Long time Star Wars fan here. I saw the original trillogy in theaters as a wee toddler and somehow it has gotten into my blood since then. I have been a huge fan of Star Wars my entire life, from memorizing the lines in ESB at 5 years old to being inspired to join the Air Force and pursuit a career in technology; I blame my fascination with X-Wings and other star fighters. I'm sure you've all heard it before ;).

Anyways I've been trolling around the background for a while here and thought I'd start sharing my geeky Star Wars thoughts if anyone is interested. I am an opener, not much of a collector per say, but I do "mod: my toys occasionally. Maybe I'll share some of my better stuff on here. I've been known to burn and melt my toys too to create different effects. :twisted:

Right now I am most excited about the 6 inch Black series, even though I told myself I wouldn't be (I prefer being able to stick my toys in vehicles), I got a few for X-mas and fell in love with them. The detail on these things is amazing. Right now my favorie is Greedo. I hope they do other catina aliens as well.

I also play SW:Old Republic MMO as GYRUSS a trooper on "The Bastion" server. Give me a ring if you see me online. I am a pretty low level right now. I used to play it like crazy when it first came out and kind of got burned out on it. I had a level 49 Sith Juggernaut but stopped playing for roughly a year, so I am back trying my hand with the trooper class.

I guess it also bears mentioning that I am a huge horror movie fan. Behind Star Wars the Halloween franchise has inspired me greatly and stands as some of my favorite movies ever. I have a slasher themed blog and do periodic fan magazines for obscure and cult horror films. Check out my blog site sometime and leave me a line if you're interested:

http://www.cropsycrypt.blogspot.com

End plug ;)
By The Professor
The 6" line does look cool, but I think I'm going to wait until 3PO or Vader is made to pick one up.

Welcome to the Yak!
By GYRUSS
The Professor wrote:The 6" line does look cool, but I think I'm going to wait until 3PO or Vader is made to pick one up.

Welcome to the Yak!

I will definitely get those as well. I'll be most interested in Vader. I hope they make it with a removable helment and as many bells and whistles as possible. I'm currently looking for Boba Fett but the prices online are way overblown.
By The Professor
I actually saw it in the wild once at a Barnes and Noble, so keep an eye out at out of the way places! I didn't pick it up, but it was reasonably priced at only around $25.
By GYRUSS
The Professor wrote:I actually saw it in the wild once at a Barnes and Noble, so keep an eye out at out of the way places! I didn't pick it up, but it was reasonably priced at only around $25.

Thanks I would have never thought to look there. I actually have acquired one since I last posted, but it was from my girlfriend ordering one from ebay or something, she doesn't know I know she got it for me yet for V-day....but I know. ;)
By WOOOF
Hey I'm GYRUSS, just registered with different user name. Hope to post more this go around I couldn't remember my old credentials. :mrgreen:

Run-off is done (along with wheel randomized for t[…]

John Morog Customs

I have another Budo and I'm thinking I might just[…]

Top 10. 3.75 Vintage collection 1.Arleil Schous ak[…]

A bunch of people on various forums have asked for[…]

targets are putting more exclusives out. hit 6 t[…]

Sandcrawler

I might get it to make a purchase of the droids di[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Of course droids is in the lead right after I fin[…]

Is Cassian's sniper rifle a custom or is that an […]