Image Image Image Image Image

GYRUSS comes to Yak Face :)

Moderators: YAK_Den, Yakface.com Staff

GYRUSS
Midi-Chlorian

GYRUSS comes to Yak Face :)

Postby GYRUSS » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:53 am

Greetings!

Long time Star Wars fan here. I saw the original trillogy in theaters as a wee toddler and somehow it has gotten into my blood since then. I have been a huge fan of Star Wars my entire life, from memorizing the lines in ESB at 5 years old to being inspired to join the Air Force and pursuit a career in technology; I blame my fascination with X-Wings and other star fighters. I'm sure you've all heard it before ;).

Anyways I've been trolling around the background for a while here and thought I'd start sharing my geeky Star Wars thoughts if anyone is interested. I am an opener, not much of a collector per say, but I do "mod: my toys occasionally. Maybe I'll share some of my better stuff on here. I've been known to burn and melt my toys too to create different effects. :twisted:

Right now I am most excited about the 6 inch Black series, even though I told myself I wouldn't be (I prefer being able to stick my toys in vehicles), I got a few for X-mas and fell in love with them. The detail on these things is amazing. Right now my favorie is Greedo. I hope they do other catina aliens as well.

I also play SW:Old Republic MMO as GYRUSS a trooper on "The Bastion" server. Give me a ring if you see me online. I am a pretty low level right now. I used to play it like crazy when it first came out and kind of got burned out on it. I had a level 49 Sith Juggernaut but stopped playing for roughly a year, so I am back trying my hand with the trooper class.

I guess it also bears mentioning that I am a huge horror movie fan. Behind Star Wars the Halloween franchise has inspired me greatly and stands as some of my favorite movies ever. I have a slasher themed blog and do periodic fan magazines for obscure and cult horror films. Check out my blog site sometime and leave me a line if you're interested:

http://www.cropsycrypt.blogspot.com

End plug ;)
The Professor
Forum Admin

Re: GYRUSS comes to Yak Face :)

Postby The Professor » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:34 pm

The 6" line does look cool, but I think I'm going to wait until 3PO or Vader is made to pick one up.

Welcome to the Yak!
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
GYRUSS
Midi-Chlorian

Postby GYRUSS » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:28 pm

The Professor wrote:The 6" line does look cool, but I think I'm going to wait until 3PO or Vader is made to pick one up.

Welcome to the Yak!

I will definitely get those as well. I'll be most interested in Vader. I hope they make it with a removable helment and as many bells and whistles as possible. I'm currently looking for Boba Fett but the prices online are way overblown.
The Professor
Forum Admin

Postby The Professor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:58 pm

I actually saw it in the wild once at a Barnes and Noble, so keep an eye out at out of the way places! I didn't pick it up, but it was reasonably priced at only around $25.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
GYRUSS
Midi-Chlorian

Postby GYRUSS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:41 am

The Professor wrote:I actually saw it in the wild once at a Barnes and Noble, so keep an eye out at out of the way places! I didn't pick it up, but it was reasonably priced at only around $25.

Thanks I would have never thought to look there. I actually have acquired one since I last posted, but it was from my girlfriend ordering one from ebay or something, she doesn't know I know she got it for me yet for V-day....but I know. ;)
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Welcome, and thanks for sharing so much about yourself. There is a great bunch of folks that post here, hope to see you around a lot more!

:wink:
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:52 am

Hey I'm GYRUSS, just registered with different user name. Hope to post more this go around I couldn't remember my old credentials. :mrgreen:
GrandMoffHux14
Droid

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:03 pm

Welcome back, always nice to have more people posting in the forums!
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
WOOOF
Midi-Chlorian

Postby WOOOF » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:02 am

Thanks! Yeah I hope to get some conversations going...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”